Frequent Contributor
dasz
0 Kudos

Re: Culinary Mysteries

I love this cozy mystery website! Now if only I could find the mystery series about a retired librarian who I think lives on the outskirts of a small town in Ohio and solves mysteries. She has a horse that she rides occasionally and I think she has a male friend who is a retired lawyer. No cooking so I'm off track here.

My favorite of the culinary mysteries is Kathryn Hall Page's series.  After visiting Norway (and going on that Flam train) and touring the Sogne fiord, I re-read the mystery where Faith's neighbor and her mother go to Norway to help a friend whose daughter is missing. The second read was so much fun as I could really envision where the characters were as they travelled in that country.

I also really enjoyed Virginia Rich's series, especially The Baked Bean Supper mystery - imo that was her best one (may be time to re-read that one).
New User
CrazyGirlReading
0 Kudos

I have currently been interested in the culinary mysteries by Susan Conant and Jessica Conant-Park, though I lost the book before I read it, :smileysad:, Diane Mott Davidson, Sammi Carter, and especially Cleo Coyle. But, I am a very narrow minded person, any recomendations?
New User
gourmetmysteries
0 Kudos

Please visit our website, www.gourmetmysteries.com for more information on this topic.  Bon Appetit!

New User
gourmetmysteries
0 Kudos

Cool!  By visited "here" do you mean this Culinary Mystery Community thread or Barnes and Noble?  Always curious to know if (when?) there are any upcoming culinary mystery signings at a B and N in my area :smileyhappy:   

becke_davis
0 Kudos

gourmetmysteries wrote:

Cool!  By visited "here" do you mean this Culinary Mystery Community thread or Barnes and Noble?  Always curious to know if (when?) there are any upcoming culinary mystery signings at a B and N in my area :smileyhappy:   

Sorry, I meant they've visited here at B&N's Mystery Book Club. If you search their names in the white box at the upper right, you can find links to their visits here.

BN.com is run separately from the "bricks and mortar" book stores. Click the link below to search B&N stores in your area - you can also search by Event and by Author:

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/storelocator/stores.aspx?x=y&

New User
Lizzieanne
0 Kudos

I noticed there hasn't been much activity on this thread recently but did you know, there are at least 35 new culinary mysteries being published in 2012?!  I admin. a comprehensive website of EVERY culinary mystery ever written, dating back to Dame Agatha Christie!  My apologies, my website does take a LONG time to load!  Be patient, it's worth it :smileyhappy:  The quickest page to load is the homepage and that's where you can find all of the newest releases.  Page two is a collection of anthologies, reference materials, related games and children's culinary mysteries.  Page three offers the first half of the alphabet of culinary mystery authors, page four the second half, and page five is generally a review, a recipe and my top twenty-five favorites.  Happy Reading and Happy Cooking from:

www.gourmetmysteries.com

p.s.  feel free to join my facebook group, Gourmet Mysteries!  which I am in the process of rebuilding after a computer glitch. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Lizzieanne wrote:

I noticed there hasn't been much activity on this thread recently but did you know, there are at least 35 new culinary mysteries being published in 2012?!  I admin. a comprehensive website of EVERY culinary mystery ever written, dating back to Dame Agatha Christie!  My apologies, my website does take a LONG time to load!  Be patient, it's worth it :smileyhappy:  The quickest page to load is the homepage and that's where you can find all of the newest releases.  Page two is a collection of anthologies, reference materials, related games and children's culinary mysteries.  Page three offers the first half of the alphabet of culinary mystery authors, page four the second half, and page five is generally a review, a recipe and my top twenty-five favorites.  Happy Reading and Happy Cooking from:

www.gourmetmysteries.com

p.s.  feel free to join my facebook group, Gourmet Mysteries!  which I am in the process of rebuilding after a computer glitch. 

Thanks so much for the link, Lizzie Anne - sounds like fun!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

What a great new thread! I also enjoy reading books that combine mysteries with recipes or food references. Thanks for all the info on authors and their books that feature culinary aspects.

For those of you who may be interested in more than reading books with food references, there's a web site , Mystery Lover's Kitchen, which features authors like Cleo Coyle, Avery Aames, Krista Davis, Wendy Lyn Watson, and Ellery Adams. Link here:http://www.mysteryloverskitchen.com/

I've read the first two of Avery Aames Cheese Shop mysteries, and am looking forward to her third, Clobbered by Camembert. Wendy Lyn Watson writes mysteries a la mode, which center around ice cream(yum!)

Ellery Adams has a new series, Charmed Pie Shop mysteries, beginning with Pie and Prejudice. ( gotta love that title!)

Today's recipe on the site is Cleo Coyle's " Healthier Shrimp Scampi". Check it out if you like to try new recipes while reading mysteries.

Jenn McKinlay, who was just one of the featured authors on our mystery forum here at Barnes and Noble, has a great series featuring cupcakes. I loved her  Buttercream Bump-Off!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie