Contributor
fortunato1974
0 Kudos

DIANE MOTT DAVIDSON

Well, hi everyone!  I wanted to tell you about a series of books that I thought would be of intrest to all fans of mystery.  The catering series.  The main character owns a catering service in Aspen Meadows, Colorado and she is one great crime slueth let me tell you!!  I think that this series is a must read for anyone who is a lover of funny mystery fiction stories.  I would like to here from anyone who also is a lover of the series of books to discuss this topic in further details.  Please post your comments!!!

angelina
a fortunato
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: DIANE MOTT DAVIDSON

[ Edited ]
And if you have other favorites (books/authors) in the mystery/cooking/food genre, please tell us about those, too.

Also, if you have a recipe you've tried and liked that you found in one of these books, I'd love to hear about it!  I seem to remember finding a good recipe for chicken salad in one of Diane Mott Davidson's books.

Message Edited by becke_davis on 03-18-2008 12:35 PM
Contributor
fortunato1974
0 Kudos

There is another culinary series out also by Joanne Fluke.  I have not been able to read these yet but I hope too get to them soon!!!!  I am not sure what the series is called though.  They are also suppose to be a great read!!!!!
a fortunato
New User
CrazyGirlReading
0 Kudos

I love both Diane and Joan's mystery series. They are very well written, I'm trying to clear my list so I can get back to reading them. I'm currently on 'Main Corpse' and 'Key Lime Pie Murder'. I started both, but couldn't get motivated to finish.
Contributor
TLCooper
0 Kudos

Joanne Pence writes a culinary mystery series.  Her main character is Angie Amalfi, and the series is set in San Francisco.  Began as romantic suspense, the series evolved into mysteries that combine food, humor, and relationships in fun reads.
T. L. Cooper
Author of All She Ever Wanted
www.tlcooper.com
New User
pattisw
0 Kudos

I have read and loved all of Diane's books.Goldy and her friends and family feel like old friends.I am always impatiently waiting for the next book in the series.
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

I have read most of Davidson's books.  The early ones are better.  The last couple were stretching for plot.
MG
becke_davis
0 Kudos

fordmg wrote:
I have read most of Davidson's books.  The early ones are better.  The last couple were stretching for plot.
MG

Yeah, that's the way I felt, too.  I was hooked on her for awhile but haven't followed the series in several years.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

fordmg wrote:
MG

Yeah, that's the way I felt, too.  I was hooked on her for awhile but haven't followed the series in several years.

I'm glad I'm not alone out there, I used to love her series but now the only people I like are Julian and Tom. Her son needs to have his ears boxed and Marla just needs to get a life.
I have however tried a few of her recipes and they were very good.
New User
MJane
0 Kudos

MJane here from Dallas, Texas.  I can really relate to Goldy -- chocolate and espresso, a winning combination!  Who can really try her recipes?  We'd be plump, too. 
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I seem to remember trying a recipe she had for chicken salad -- it was really good but, if I remember correctly, I had to make it for a party because the quantities were huge!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I tried one of her recipes also for a quick bread, I don't remember what kind and if i had to look through my much disorganized recipe collection it could take until next year to find it.  But I do remember that my family liked it.
Frequent Contributor
dasz
0 Kudos

I loved this series early on but once Goldy got married, for some reason, the plots no longer interested me(and I really liked the guy she married! :smileyhappy: Think I'll re-read some of those early ones (those battles with her ex husband were truly scarey).

I have found that most series don't last too long...maybe 10 books...and then something happens to the writing/plots (I am not including John Lescroart and the author of the Have Faith series in this observation).

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I really liked the guy she married, too, but that was part of the problem -- I liked him better than Goldie!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Ditto Dasz and Becke,

Her later books don't hold my interest much. First Goldy makes me shake my head, I can't stand her kid ( I really like Julian though) and I like Tom much better than Goldy. I liked the  early books in the series before the Jerk went away.

Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
And if you have other favorites (books/authors) in the mystery/cooking/food genre, please tell us about those, too.
Also, if you have a recipe you've tried and liked that you found in one of these books, I'd love to hear about it!  I seem to remember finding a good recipe for chicken salad in one of Diane Mott Davidson's books.

Message Edited by becke_davis on 03-18-2008 12:35 PM

Tamar Myers has a series of books with recipes the last one I read was Hell Hath No Curry and the previous books are a laugh too.

Favorite Authors, Detective/Mystery:

Edna Buchanan, Nevada Barr, Beverly Connor, Patricia Cornwell, Catherine Coulter, Janet Evanovich, Jessica Fletcher, Heather Graham, J.A. Jance, Tara Janzen, Laurie King, Merline Lovelace, Linda Lael Miller, Sara Paretsky, Kathy Reichs, J.D. Robb and Dana Stabenow.

Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Some time back we had a thread where people listed funny/clever titles.  Hell Hath No Curry should definitely be added to that list!