Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Wendy-Roberts
0 Kudos

Re: December Feature: DEAD AND KICKING by Wendy Roberts

Well, Becke, you already know I'm a HUGE Jennifer Crusie fan :smileyhappy: . I also enjoy Janet Evanovich's books as well as Patricia Cornwell's. On my Christmas list this year are a couple of Brenda Novak's books and also one of Allison Brennan's. My to-be-read pile has dwindled lately and I need to add to my collection lol!

author of Ghost Dusters Mysteries
http://www.wendyroberts.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Wendy and I are both big fans of Jennifer Crusie's books. My favorites are probably Tell Me Lies and Bet Me, but I also love Welcome to Temptation and Faking It. And Fast Women. And I am soooo excited that The Cinderella Deal, one of Jenny's earliest books, is being reissued. They are romance rather than mystery, but I still highly recommend them. 

Actually, some of her books do involve mysteries, including Agnes & the Hitman, Don't Look Down and some of the others. Here are a selection of her books for those of you who haven't discovered this fantastic author yet.

Wild Ride 

Strange Bedpersons

Bet Me

Unfortunate Miss Fortunes

Don't Look Down

Getting Rid of Bradley

Tell Me Lies

The Cinderella Deal

Fast Women

Charlie All Night

Welcome to Temptation

Crazy for You

Dogs and Goddesses

Santa, Baby

Anyone But You

Agnes and the Hitman

Contributor
JillP
0 Kudos

Jill - What would you like as your prize? One of Wendy's books, or a surprise book that I will send?

Becke, that is a loaded question.  One of Wendy's books. OR. A copy of her new book :smileywink:

Contributor
JillP
0 Kudos

I had not seen the cover for Wild Ride.  Awesome !

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jill - I'm eager for Wild Ride and Jenny's other projects; after reading the excerpts of her NaNoWriMo story, I can hardly wait for her to finish that one!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Merry Christmas, Wendy!

Author
Wendy-Roberts
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Becke!

I don't know how to do your fancy pics but ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Wendy, I just search images on the web. I use a PC, so I just right click and "Copy Image" then paste it in. It's trickier with pictures from your personal computer; only moderators can do that right now. Did Jill decide what she wanted as her prize? Should I email her?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

We're going to have overlapping featured authors for a few days. Wendy and Brenda are featured through the end of December, but because Jan. 1 falls mid-week, our January featured authors will be checking in soon, too.

Wendy, before we get to the end of the month I want to thank you so much for joining us in December. I know how difficult it is to squeeze visits to our board in with your writing and all the usual holiday insanity, and I really appreciate you taking the time to do this!

I'm looking forward to reading your new book, but I admit I'm really hoping the Ghost Dusters will be back -- I'm soooo not ready for this series to end! I'm visiting with my daughter, and I'm looking at your books lined up on her bookshelf. So make that at least two of us who hope Sadie will be back!

I want to mention, also, that this thread will always be accessible to anyone who searches your name or book titles. Make a note of your view count and then check it out in a few months -- I'm always astonished how those numbers grow and grow! 

I hope you will come back and visit when your next book comes out, and any time you have news -- awards, or whatever -- to share with us! 

Are you going to any of the big conferences this year? I hope I'll get to meet you one of these days!

Contributor
JillP
0 Kudos

One of Wendy's books. OR. A copy of her new book :smileywink:

Becke, I replied . ^

Jill

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jill! Wendy said she'd send you one of her books as the prize, but in case you had them all I was going to offer an alternative of some kind. I'm excited that you want one of Wendy's books -- maybe you'll recruit a new fan!

Author
Wendy-Roberts
0 Kudos

Becke, it was hcrittenden who posted the answer to the first question that I was going to mail a book too. :smileyhappy: I haven't heard from her. Could you email and see if she'd prefer a book from me or another?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy - I just sent her an email. I'll pass on her address, etc., as soon as she responds.

New User
annie2010
0 Kudos

She went to that mall to clean the remains of a homeless man who died in the dressing room.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Annie - You did indeed get this right, but we've already had a winner. Pop over to the Brenda Novak thread -- no one has won the cool tote bag. It's a super easy question, too!