Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Double Feature! Please Welcome Author DUFFY BROWN!

Fricka wrote:
becke.JPG
DSCN0575.JPG
DSCN0576.JPG

Great pics, becke and Duffy! becke looks quite the Grande Dame there, doesn't she? That is my kind of party!

The mystery parties have themes - we're assigned a part to play, and then we dress in character.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

ooops, sorry--thought I had gotten Duffy's picture copied too.

Anyway, welcome back, Duffy. I enjoyed reading Iced Chiffon. Now I am ready to read Killer in Crinolines at least partly out of curiousity to find out what's going to happen between Reagan and Hollister.

Iced Chiffon (Consignment Shop Mystery Series #1)  

Killer in Crinolines (Consignment Shop Mystery Series #2)  

I've read them both and now I'm eager for the next one.

Duffy, can you tell us anything about book 3? Do you have a title and/or release date for it yet?

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Duffy, I haven't read your books but Iced Chiffon sounds really good. I'll have to buy that one and your new one. Have a great week!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Welcome Duffy: I haven't read your books but I wii have to rectify that shortly. They look very interesting! Thanks for visiting with us!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

You look so great here, Becke

Consignment: Murder
Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

Thanks, Eadie. The series is set in Savannah. I'm a closet Southerner at heart, have the pearls and baton to prove it. And the cooking. Savannah is wonderful food and incredible big homes. You must visit, a lovely vacation indeed

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

I just turned in Pearls and Poison. It's the third book in the series. 

Reagan's mom is running for city council and accused of murdering her opponent. 

It's murder and mayhem on the political trail. Eveyone's wanted to knock off at least one politician in their live. I learned tons about poisons and plants. Couldn't eat anything green for a week. ;-) 

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

Thanks MaxCat. Are you a Southern Belle or Norhtern Deb? 

Pearls or beads?

Sushi or fried chicken?

Sweet tea or Starbucks?

Big hair or flat?

NASCAR or NFL? 

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
becke_davis
0 Kudos

DuffyBrown wrote:

You look so great here, Becke

I love to play dress-up! :-)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DuffyBrown wrote:

Thanks, Eadie. The series is set in Savannah. I'm a closet Southerner at heart, have the pearls and baton to prove it. And the cooking. Savannah is wonderful food and incredible big homes. You must visit, a lovely vacation indeed

I've never been to Savannah - in fact, all I've seen of the South is the cities that are en route to Orlando, or the Southern airports where I've changed planes.

I think anyone reading your books - the mysteries AND the romances - would think you're a true Southerner. I love the flavor of the South in your books!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DuffyBrown wrote:

I just turned in Pearls and Poison. It's the third book in the series. 

Reagan's mom is running for city council and accused of murdering her opponent. 

It's murder and mayhem on the political trail. Eveyone's wanted to knock off at least one politician in their live. I learned tons about poisons and plants. Couldn't eat anything green for a week. ;-) 

I'm REALLY excited about this one now! Poisons and plants - right up my alley!

Your garden is so beautiful, Duffy. I love it here in Chicago but I'm missing my peonies at the house in Cincinnati. Maybe I'll donate some to the garden at our building here. I'm seeing lots of tulips here, which I rarely saw in Cincinnati because the deer would gobble up those bulbs as soon as I planted them.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

As promised, here are more pictures. These are from Duffy's 2012 Mystery Party! (Most of us were in costumes again.)

becke and melissa.jpg
DSCN1934.JPG
DSCN1938.JPG
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

As promised, here are more pictures. These are from Duffy's 2012 Mystery Party! (Most of us were in costumes again.)

That's me with author Macy Beckett in the top picture, the next one the fabulous Annette Blair, and the group picture includes Monica Burns, Keri Stevens, Macy Beckett (aka Melissa Landers) and, in the hat, author Denise Gwen.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

DuffyBrown wrote:

I've always wanted to visit Savannah every since I read Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil. I really love that book and movie. One way to visit without going anywhere would be through your books. I'll have to give it a try. Probably won't substitute for a real visit but surely the next best thing!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

Loved Midnight in the Garden...it it so Savannah with the food, culture and the hauntings. I took a tour through the Mercer House, it was so lovely. You could almost see Jim Williams strolling though the place. 

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

Great chatting with you. Nothing more fun than talking mystery books. Killer in Crinolines is a cozy meaning it's the mysetery without the bood, guts and gore. And it's in Savannah that is always a trip in itself. A realy get-away place

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

Hi, MaxCat.

If you like cozies and the South and shop consignment shops you'll have fun with Killer in Crinolines. Thanks for chatting

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

Hi, Fricka

Thanks for picking up Iced Chiffon. Killer in Crinolines came out yesterday. This time it's murder at a wedding but the groom is jerk so it's good that he's dead. Now  to figure out who did the old boy in. LOL

Things are heating up between Reagan and Walker and KiKi is into more trouble than ever. 

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison
Author
DuffyBrown
0 Kudos

Seeing all these pictures makes me want to have another mystery party! It was so much fun!

Berkley Prime Crime
Ice Chiffon
Killer in Crinolines
Pearls and Poison