Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Hank_Phillippi_Ryan
0 Kudos

Re: Featured Book for September: AIR TIME by Hank Phillippi Ryan

[ Edited ]

Ah....I hear the clock ticking...but let me say, first, thank you to Debbie, and Luanne, and TonyaR and Mare and Bonnie C and Dulcinea...it's life-changing to meet you! Thank you thank you thank you..and of course I'll see you here all the time, but just wanted to send you a special message--you are so smart and so funny and so wonderful! And I am delighted to know you!

And wasn't it fun to see the photos of possible actors for the Charlie series? Can you please just send those on to Hollywood?

Jeanne, you are such a stalwart....I can't wait to meet you i person. Annette--you continue to be amazing.

Becke? Ha. YOu're just...well, more messages to you later tonight.

xoxo Hank

Http://www.HankPhillippiRyan.com

Hank
http://www.HankPhillippiRyan.com
watch for THE OTHER WOMAN coming in 2012
Author
Hank_Phillippi_Ryan
0 Kudos

CONTEST!!

We've had lots of visiting authors over the past month--and thank you so much to the wonderful pals who joined the party here! I hope all the readers here made some new friends...and the authors got some new friends, too. Exactly how a book club is supposed to work!

So, B&N'ers--DO you remember who those authors were?  If you send me a correct list of five of them...I'll send you a great prize!

Go to my website..and click on contact and send in your entry...and then I'll let you know if you're  a prize winner!

good luck!

xoxo Hank

Hank
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hank_Phillippi_Ryan wrote:

Hey All!

Just back from my whirlwind trip to Atlanta--what fun! The Georgia Rmance Writers convention is called Moonlight & MAgnolias..and it was an incredible success.  Congratulations to all involved--you rock! And it was quite perfect.

My seminar went really well..anyone out there attend? I met a great woman who hangs out here at B&N--but I can't find my notes about who she is!   Sigh...Are you out there? YOu said you were a lurker here...and I'd love to stay in touch. HOpe you had a great convention, too.

HIghlights: Oh, too many to name. Sherrilyn Kenyon was keynote speaker--and had the audience spell-bound and in  tears over her dramatic personal story. She's unique and wonderful and  inspiring and incredibly courageous. (And her terrific assistant Kim--who we all wished could do the same wonderful job for us!)

The non-stop powerhouse Dianne Love. The erudite and brilliant Mary Buckham. Barbata Vey of Publishers Weekly, who knows everyone and everything. The beautiful and hilarious Stephanie Bond, whose Body Movers series may be...well, let her tell you later.  Rita Herron, glam and charming. Let's see..who else? I'm too jet-lagged to remember..but I'll put photos of everyone on my blog!  http://www.HankPhillippiRyan.com

more to come xoxo Hank

Oh, I've met Barbara Vey -- isn't she great? And I've got Mary Buckham's book. One day, I'd like to go to one of her workshops. Did you meet P.J. Ausdenmore from Romance Novel TV? I know she was there, and she's a friend of mine, too.

I don't know where you find the energy to do all you do, Hank -- if you take vitamins, I want to buy that brand, too!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hank_Phillippi_Ryan wrote:

CONTEST!!

We've had lots of visiting authors over the past month--and thank you so much to the wonderful pals who joined the party here! I hope all the readers here made some new friends...and the authors got some new friends, too. Exactly how a book club is supposed to work!

So, B&N'ers--DO you remember who those authors were?  If you send me a correct list of five of them...I'll send you a great prize!

Go to my website..and click on contact and send in your entry...and then I'll let you know if you're  a prize winner!

good luck!

xoxo Hank

Hank - Can you let me know who your contest winner is so I can post it here? Or you can post about it -- just because we're moving into a new month, that doesn't mean this thread is going to shut down. In fact, it will continue to be accessible, anytime someone searches your name. (Or when they search the names of any of the visiting authors who joined your party!)
You've had a phenomenal number of viewers/commenters, and my TBR pile has grown substantially during your featured month. I just got back from Chicago and, lo and behold, a stack of Barnes and Noble boxes were waiting for me: Heat Wave by Richard Castle, The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, and a bunch of books by Friends of Hank Phillippi Ryan. Are you aiming for Nancy Berland's job? You are doing a great job of publicizing all of these books, and I'm sure I'm far from the only one buying them after reading about them here!
I hope we'll continue to see you and your friends at the Mystery Book Club. You have my personal email, and please do give it out to any of your mystery-writing friends who would like to visit. If I can't give them a monthly feature (I need to get those approved), I can always invite them for a Tuesday Visiting Author guest spot.  It's always fun to meet authors!
Thanks again for making this such a fun month! See you next week, I hope.
Author
Hank_Phillippi_Ryan
0 Kudos

Becke--you are a wonder and a treasure..and you change readers' lives every day. You are amazing.  Incredible. One of a kind. (Right, gang?)

I can't want to see you in person again...and of course I'll see you here at the B&N mystery book club all the time! And I do hope you love DRIVE TIME!

with endless gratitude

xoxo Hank

Hank
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Aww, Hank -- you're making me blush! I guess you did meet my buddy PJ, because I just spotted this on her Facebook photo page:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I just got back from about a week in Chicago, where we had a family reunion while celebrating my mom's 80th birthday and my husband's and my 38th anniversary. The subject of books came up a few times, and I've convinced my three nieces and two sisters that they have to read your books (my daughter already has them all, and is reading them now). My mom heard us talking about them, and she asked if I would get them for her, too -- it's a family affair now!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hank, thank you so much for making this a September to remember. It's been a hoot hanging out with you and all of your friends, talking about all the books you geniuses have written and sharing some insight with us about what makes you tick.

I had a blast!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TWO AGATHA NOMINATIONS

News From Hank:

I'm so delighted to share this wonderful news!

AIR TIME is nominated for the AGATHA for Best Mystery of 2009! One of the most prestigious honors bestowed on a mystery writer, the Agatha Awardscelebrate the traditional mystery—books best typified by the works of Agatha Christie. The prize, the fabled ceramic teapot, will be awarded at the Malice Domestic Conference in Washington, DC in May.

"Sassy, fast-paced, and appealing. This is first-class entertainment." —Sue Grafton

"I love this series!" —Suzanne Brockmann

"In her latest addictive page-turner AIR TIME, real-life TV reporter Hank Phillippi Ryan once again thrills us with her terrific counterpart, investigative reporter Charlotte McNally. AIR TIME isn't only exciting and sexy and even funny—it's also damned well written." —David Morrell

AND THERE'S MORE TO CELEBRATE:

On the House (published in QUARRY) is nominated for the AGATHA for Best Short Story of 2009!

A twisty tale of broken promises, broken hearts and intricately-planned revenge proves when true love goes wrong—a woman's best friend may be her dog. Or—not.

On The House

Watch for news on the all-new DRIVE TIME in the next few days...what an exciting time this is! And I'm so thrilled to share it with you.

Thanks so much, my dear friends. And I hope our paths cross in person soon.

With much gratitude and affection,

Hank

becke_davis
0 Kudos

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO HANK!

becke_davis
0 Kudos
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Yes congratulations Hank and it couldn't happen to a more deserving author and an all around great gal !!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm betting Drive Time will bring Hank even more awards. She's on a roll!