Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Featured New Release: THE MURDER WALL by Mari Hannah

International award-winning crime writer Mari Hannah

Mari Hannah is the author of new release THE MURDER WALL. Her website is here:

http://www.marihannah.com/

From Mari's website:

Hello! I am the author of the Kate Daniels series. Born in London, I moved to the North East as a child. When my parents moved away, I stayed. I now live in a small Northumberland village with my partner, a former murder detective.

I became a writer after my career as a Probation Officer was cut short following an assault on duty. Long story short, I began using a computer because it was too painful to write with a pen. Ironically, the idea that I might one day become a writer then began to form in my head. 

I tried different forms of writing before settling on prose, spending several years working as a film/television scriptwriter. Among other things, I've written a low-budget romantic comedy with a football theme, a piece of work I'm really proud of. Any producers out there? It's still looking for a home!  

When I finished that film, I turned my attention to the BBC, pitching a television serial based on characters in my then unfinished debut crime novel THE MURDER WALL. I won a place on the BBC North East Voices Drama Development Scheme. After completing the TV script, I went back to the book I started years ago but somehow never thought I'd finish.

Eventually, I found a brilliant literary agent, Oli Munson (AM Heath) who I adore. Every writer should have an Oli! With his patience and expertise, and more hard work from me, THE MURDER WALL and SETTLED BLOOD - the first two books in my DCI Kate Daniels series - were sold to Germany. Goldmann picked up the rights after a heated auction in the first translation deal for the Newcastle based crime series.

In July 2010, I won the Northern Writers' Time to Write Award. And in October of that year, British and Commonwealth rights - including Canada - were sold to Publishing Director Wayne Brookes at Pan Macmillan in a three book deal. 

The Murder Wall, my debut, is on the longlist for the Polari First Book Prize.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Featured New Release: THE MURDER WALL by Mari Hannah

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Murder Wall  

Overview

The Murder Wall: It's where you look death in the face.

Months after discovering a double homicide in a sleepy village, detective Kate Daniels is still haunted by her failure to solve the crime. When a new murder gives Daniels her first case as officer in charge, she jumps at another chance to get it right.

But even more shocking than the brutal killing is the fact that Daniels recognizes the corpse. Eager to prove herself, she decides to keep her connection to the dead man a secret from her team, putting her career in jeopardy as her personal and professional lives threaten to collide.

As the killer continues to claim his victims, Daniels unearths baffling clues in her search for connections among the murders . . . and while she draws closer to finding the culprit, he is watching her.

9780062323507_p0_v4_s260x420.JPG
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

This book sounds really good!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost