Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

February is a Month of Romantic Suspense at B&N's Mystery Book Club!

[ Edited ]

February 2011 is our 2nd Annual Month of Romantic Suspense!

Last year, we had featured authors visiting every single day, including weekends. Our guests included Jennifer Crusie, Jayne Ann Krentz, Carla Neggers, Cindy Gerard, Roxanne St. Claire and many, many more.

(You can go back and see those author threads by typing the author's name in the white search box at the upper right. See a complete list of the authors here and here.)

This year I wanted to shake it up a bit - wouldn't want you all to get bored! Since our Meet the Publisher events were very popular this year, Week One of the Month of Romantic Suspense is a combination of both.

CARINA PRESS is an exciting new publisher - a division of Harlequin Enterprises, Inc. - focusing on e-publishing. You can order their books as NookBooks, and since many of you are fans of ebooks, I've invited Carina's Romantic Suspense authors to visit with us next week.

Since you may have questions about Carina, I'm also making this an open invitation to everyone from Carina to stop in and tell us about their role in the company.

If you are a Carina author, I hope you'll join us. I especially encourage Carina's mystery authors to join us - even though it's a Month of Romantic Suspense, we love all kinds of mysteries here!

There is a Carina FAQ page here, and their blog is here.

I'll have a lot more information for you when I post the introduction to this event. Stay tuned!

carina press.jpg
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: February is a Month of Romantic Suspense at B&N's Mystery Book Club!

This is so cool Becke you know that Harlequin is near and dear to my heart as I am a reviewer for them.

I'll link my contacts at Mira with your club link and maybe they can join to and invite all the romantic suspense and mystery writers.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Ooooh, Romantic Suspense! That sounds very enticing! So appropriate for February, too. I'm going to have to go shopping for some chocolate to nibble on while I'm reading about the authors represented by Carina Press. Although my preferred sub-genre of mysteries is the cozy, I do have a soft spot for the books that combine romance with mystery. Lisa Kleypas and Deanna Raybourn are two authors whose names I became acquainted with through this forum, so I am sure there will be a new name or two in this thread that I will want to add to my TBR pile.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Presumed Dead 

Since this is going to be a combination MONTH OF ROMANTIC SUSPENSE *and* Meet the Publisher event, I've sent out an open invitation for other Carina authors to stop in and introduce themselves, too. In addition to romantic suspense, they have a lot of mystery authors, too:

http://ebooks.carinapress.com/8C46D2E5-FAEE-4770-B21F-40D9FF5EB540/10/134/en/SearchResults.htm?Searc...

Here are a few examples:

No One Lives Twice 

While hard cover and paperback books can be preordered, ebooks (being instant delivery) don't show up on B&N links until they are available. You will be meeting some Carina authors whose book links aren't up yet, but we'll give you the titles and information so you can order them when they become available.

See you soon!

Author
NJDamschroder
0 Kudos

Hi, Becke and everybody!

Thanks so much for inviting the Carina Press authors over! I've read many of the mystery and romantic suspense authors and have many more on my e-reader awaiting my attention. :smileyhappy: Marie Force and Julie Moffett are already favorites.

My romantic adventure/romantic suspense, Fight or Flight, will be out at the end of March.

~~~~~
Natalie J. Damschroder
Author of High-Stakes Romantic Adventure and Paranormal Romance
Love with a Shot of Adrenaline
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

Thank you, Becke for inviting the Carina authors to play.  I'm looking forward to it! 

www.adriennegiordano.com
Man Law, coming July 4, 2011 from Carina Press
Author
JulieMoffett
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for inviting the Carina authors to the site and for featuring the cover of my book in one of your examples!  I feel quite honored. Carina really does have some amazing books.  I got a Kindle for Christmas and I've loaded it with many great titles.  Now, all I need is time, a precious commodity with a teen and a toddler. :smileyhappy:

Julie Moffett

No One Lives Twice (Carina Press, August 2010)

No One To Trust (Carina Press, June 2011)

Her Kilt-Clad Rogue (Carina Press, August 2011)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JulieMoffett wrote:

Thanks so much for inviting the Carina authors to the site and for featuring the cover of my book in one of your examples!  I feel quite honored. Carina really does have some amazing books.  I got a Kindle for Christmas and I've loaded it with many great titles.  Now, all I need is time, a precious commodity with a teen and a toddler. :smileyhappy:

Julie Moffett

No One Lives Twice (Carina Press, August 2010)

No One To Trust (Carina Press, June 2011)

Her Kilt-Clad Rogue (Carina Press, August 2011)

Hi Julie!Thanks for stopping in!

I gave my Nook to my daughter - I'm downloading ebooks to Nook for PC until I whittle down my humongous waiting-to-be-read pile. Once I do that I've got a Nook Color on my wish list - there's method to my madness!

I thought it would be fun to focus on Carina - people might think they only publish romance, but there is mystery, romantic suspense and a lot more, too. I know we have a lot of ereaders here, so it should be a fun week!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NJDamschroder wrote:

Hi, Becke and everybody!

Thanks so much for inviting the Carina Press authors over! I've read many of the mystery and romantic suspense authors and have many more on my e-reader awaiting my attention. :smileyhappy: Marie Force and Julie Moffett are already favorites.

My romantic adventure/romantic suspense, Fight or Flight, will be out at the end of March.

Thanks for joining us, Natalie! I know ebooks can't be preordered, so do come back and post the link to your ebook on the Carina thread when it becomes available.  Or you can post it here - both threads will come up when you type "Carina" into the white search field at the upper right. To add book links, click "Add Product" and "Ebooks."

becke_davis
0 Kudos

For those of you new to ereading, you might want to check out the amazing NOOK COLOR:

NOOKcolor screen

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookcolor/index.asp

You can browse through all the cool Nook covers here: 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookcolor/accessories/covers/index.asp?cds2Pid=35583

And you'll find more accessories here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookcolor/accessories/index.asp?cds2Pid=35583

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You might also be interested in this - Carina Press has made a very cool donation to Brenda Novak's online auction, which kicks off on May 1st:

A NOOK COLOR, with Cover, LOADED with E-Books from Carina Press Authors!

http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2077870

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

dhaupt wrote:

This is so cool Becke you know that Harlequin is near and dear to my heart as I am a reviewer for them.

I'll link my contacts at Mira with your club link and maybe they can join to and invite all the romantic suspense and mystery writers.

That's exciting, Debbie!

I first discovered Mills & Boon books (part of Harlequin) when I lived in England many years ago. When I moved back, I subscribed to Harlequin Presents and later to their Blaze, Desire and Silhouette Superromance lines. I promote books more than review them, but I did review a couple for Romance: B(u)y the Book here, here and here.

I've also been on Harlequin's reader panel for quite awhile. I'm definitely a fan!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

If you're looking for the Carina feature thread, you'll find it here: 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/CARINA-PRESS-Romantic-Suspense-for-E-Readers/m-p/8363...

Come on over and join us!

er45.gif

Author
Shirley_Wells
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for inviting all the Carina Press authors over here. Thank you, too, for featuring my mystery, PRESUMED DEAD, in your examples. (I just love that cover. :smileyhappy:)

I don't write romantic suspense, but I've read several from Carina Press and, believe me, they're terrific.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Shirley Wells
http://www.shirleywells.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Shirley_Wells wrote:

Thanks so much for inviting all the Carina Press authors over here. Thank you, too, for featuring my mystery, PRESUMED DEAD, in your examples. (I just love that cover. :smileyhappy:)

I don't write romantic suspense, but I've read several from Carina Press and, believe me, they're terrific.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Shirley - thanks for joining us! I see you found the main thread, too. (For those of you who are visiting - this is the announcement thread for the event.)

Even though we're focusing on Romantic Suspense, authors are always welcome here, ESPECIALLY mystery authors!

Author
NJDamschroder
0 Kudos

I know ebooks can't be preordered, so do come back and post the link to your ebook on the Carina thread when it becomes available.

Thanks, Becke!

(I couldn't figure out how to quote, so I used italics instead. LOL)

~~~~~
Natalie J. Damschroder
becke_davis
0 Kudos

NJDamschroder wrote:

I know ebooks can't be preordered, so do come back and post the link to your ebook on the Carina thread when it becomes available.

Thanks, Becke!

(I couldn't figure out how to quote, so I used italics instead. LOL)

Hi Natalie:

Here's how to include a quote with your comment:

Click "reply" on the post you want to comment on.

When the comment box opens, click "quote" in the green box, upper right

Scroll down and write your response under the line

If, as sometimes happens, you can't get it to scroll below the line, just type in your response and either put it in bold or italics.

Thanks!

BTW, this is the announcement thread - I want to be sure everyone realizes that. The party is here: http://bit.ly/igGEj0

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
NJDamschroder
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Hi Natalie:

Here's how to include a quote with your comment:

Click "reply" on the post you want to comment on.

When the comment box opens, click "quote" in the green box, upper right

Huh. I could have sworn that wasn't there when I hit "reply" before. Thanks for the instructions! LOL I guess I'm blind. :smileyhappy:

Natalie

~~~~~
Natalie J. Damschroder