Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: First Look, Mimosa Village & Randomness

maxcat wrote:

Tigger, are you going on the whole 172 winery tour. Believe it or not, NC has quite a few winerys also. Even the Biltmore Estate has one. We like the Duplin wines and buy them around Christmas as they are good with any holiday meal.

Ghesh, nah. Been to 2 of them. Lots are not open for tours ether. One or so would be nice.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Hey, everyone, I woke up this morning with a bad cold. Actually, my husband is at fault here as he had it since Monday. His cold has been long and drawn out. He is actually in the coughing stage. I'm just hoping my cold will go away quietly. Minimal coughing so far. But I sure do tire easily and actually sweat from any exertion. I'll go lay down on the couch in a minute.

Feel better!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Friday the 13th!

becke_davis, Those covers are sooo hot. Man, I wonder where they find such hot guys.

I must see about getting some of her books.

IS IT GETTING HOT IN HERE OR IS IT ME?????

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Mimosa Village Memorial Day Barbeque

HI Everyone, The B &B is having a Barbeque for the weekend of Fri night the 27th to the night of Monday the 30th. Stop by any time for hot dogs, hamburger, ribs, chicken, and many other good foods.

There will be fireworks Mon night on our beach. So come and celebrate with our friends.

Any guess on my mystery guess at the B & B. He is very handsome and a movie star. He is here with his family. There are gifts cards for the winner of the contest.

Come to our first Memorial day barbeque.

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Tigger, That's a good number. You don't want to get sloshed. I'm feeling better today, much better than Friday night when the cold came on. Still coughing and blowing my nose but I have a bit more stamina today. I do get drained a lot and take an occasional nap.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Friday the 13th!

ReadingPatti wrote:

becke_davis, Those covers are sooo hot. Man, I wonder where they find such hot guys.

I must see about getting some of her books.

IS IT GETTING HOT IN HERE OR IS IT ME?????

ReadingPatti

I asked Lori if she gets to meet those models or sit in on the photo shoots and sadly, she doesn't. I think those covers are definitely suitable for framing!

(And if my husband laughs I'll remind him of his expression whenever Sofia Vergara appears on screen when we watch Modern Family!)

Speaking of Lori, just I few weeks until I'll be seeing her at her annual Get Together - and I'm especially excited because my daughter will be joining me this year!!

Readers and Authors Get Together

http://www.lorifoster.com/community/readergettogether.php

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Mimosa Village Memorial Day Barbeque

ReadingPatti wrote:

HI Everyone, The B &B is having a Barbeque for the weekend of Fri night the 27th to the night of Monday the 30th. Stop by any time for hot dogs, hamburger, ribs, chicken, and many other good foods.

There will be fireworks Mon night on our beach. So come and celebrate with our friends.

Any guess on my mystery guess at the B & B. He is very handsome and a movie star. He is here with his family. There are gifts cards for the winner of the contest.

Come to our first Memorial day barbeque.

ReadingPatti

My son's coming to town that weekend - woot!!

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Sunny and cool today ... I'll take it.

Back home now after a quick weekend trip to East Lansing, Michigan for a family wedding. I had lots of fun. It was great to see everyone once more.

Now it is back to work! Lots to edit.

Patti- Cookout sounds good. I'll be there.

Becke- re Modern Family "Gloria" Your husband is just listening extra carefully because of her accent!! hehe !!!!! :smileyhappy:

I hope every one has a great day!

Jim

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Sunny and cool today ... I'll take it.

Back home now after a quick weekend trip to East Lansing, Michigan for a family wedding. I had lots of fun. It was great to see everyone once more.

Now it is back to work! Lots to edit.

Patti- Cookout sounds good. I'll be there.

Becke- re Modern Family "Gloria" Your husband is just listening extra carefully because of her accent!! hehe !!!!! :smileyhappy:

I hope every one has a great day!

Jim

LOL, Jim - that must explain why he goes deaf and dumb whenever she has a scene! ;-)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Are any of you having trouble viewing the B&N Blogs (Ransom Notes, etc.)? All I'm seeing is the title and book image - the text is covered in error messages. I'm curious if this is an issue with Google Chrome or if others are having this problem, too.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Jim, glad your weekend turned out fine and the wedding went off as planned. I've been a bit under the weather with a cold but seem to get a bit better each day. I just need to build up my stamina.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, I have not any issues with getting into B&N and I have Google Chrome. It's those nasty gremlins again!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, I have not any issues with getting into B&N and I have Google Chrome. It's those nasty gremlins again!

That must be it!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, I got my books. I love the button about Books are Awesome. I am going to wear it to work today.

Thanks so much.

ReadingPatti

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Still cool, but sunny also.

Well back to work for me today. Edits on my manuscript are calling my name. Until golf... it's golf day for me.

Becke- I can't figure out the errors I get from BN site. some days it's wonky, others just fine!

Maxcat- I hope that you feel better soon.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

Jim

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

becke_davis, I got my books. I love the button about Books are Awesome. I am going to wear it to work today.

Thanks so much.

ReadingPatti

I think I put a button in every package. I hope I did, anyway! I thought they were really fun!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Patti, how is Callie doing? Max is 17 now. His birthday was May 5th. And how are the therapy sessions going? Are they helping?

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Jim, I think the cold is breaking up as I'm blowing a lot out of stuff that was probably acting as a congestant. The weather is cloudy and rainy. This will go on for a couple of days and then it turns hot.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, I love my button, I (heart) mystery books.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Still cool, but sunny also.

Well back to work for me today. Edits on my manuscript are calling my name. Until golf... it's golf day for me.

Becke- I can't figure out the errors I get from BN site. some days it's wonky, others just fine!

Maxcat- I hope that you feel better soon.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

Jim

Jim - It's been the same for me!