Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: First Look, Mimosa Village & Randomness

Throwing a party at fiction for a friend. She just got married. All are welcome. Open bar!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone, It is cold here in Somerset. We have a frost and freeze warning. It is still going on. Purpose to be over by 10 this morning.

In the high 40's and low 50's.

It is suppose to warm up in to the sixties by the weekend.

I hate to see the trees that are blooming get frozen. They look so pretty. We have DogWood blooming and some flowers are also blooming.

I have book club tonight. We will be discussing the book Mountains beyond Mountains. I personally did not care for it. It was ok.

We will be reading Sarah's Key for April. I hear that it is good and that the movie is too.

Working on the celebration we will be having for Easter weekend.

Not too much else happening in Somerset.

ReadingPatti

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Sunny but cool over my house today. It's supposed to hit 70. I'll take it!

I'm going to try and work in the yard today With the early warm period of weather, I am behind schedule. Nature is not waiting for me! Darn it! ;-)

The kitchen is done. I'm trying to send Becke some pics to post. I thought that you might enjoy them. I hope that she can read them and get them posted. It's nice to have that project complete and some order restored to my life.

I'm hoping that everyone has a great day!

Jim

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Sunny but cool over my house today. It's supposed to hit 70. I'll take it!

I'm going to try and work in the yard today With the early warm period of weather, I am behind schedule. Nature is not waiting for me! Darn it! ;-)

The kitchen is done. I'm trying to send Becke some pics to post. I thought that you might enjoy them. I hope that she can read them and get them posted. It's nice to have that project complete and some order restored to my life.

I'm hoping that everyone has a great day!

Jim

I trouble with the images Jim sent yesterday but I think this new batch is going to work. I'll post them right now!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jim's Pictures

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: Jim's Pictures

Very cool! Hey caught the cookie thief red handed! :smileyhappy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Kitchen looks great, Jim!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I love your pictures, Jim, and am glad that project is done. It looks like a very workable kitchen and very organized, too. It's cooler here, just hitting 50 now. It is supposed to go up to 66 today. We had a bad hailstorm here Saturday night. It sure scared the cats.We had hail a bit larger than a pea but it was very noisy. My kitten hides in the bedroom until all is said and done.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Jim Great Kitchen, and caught with your hand in the old cookie jar too :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Jim Great Kitchen, and caught with your hand in the old cookie jar too :smileyhappy:

I've been fighting an urge for Oreos ever since Jim sent this. The kitchen looks fabulous! I wish mine looked half as good. That's the next project for us, as soon as we get the outside of the house painted and the deck restained.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo, Great kitchen. I bet that you are happy that it is done. Enjoy. I love the cabinets and the handles. Great choices.

ReadingPattti

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Sun is shining over my housse and it is supposed to be mild again today.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding the kitchen project. I am glad that it is complete and the life can resume it's normal routine. It did turn out well and I am pleased.

By the way, I was just helping Oreo celebrate their 100th birthday!:smileyvery-happy:

Lots to do. I hope that everyone has a wonderful day! Now it's back to writing!

Jim

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Why is it every man loves the oreo cookie? Is it because you can split it or is it a great dunking cookie?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, we just finished the front of the house last week. Next, my husband wants to do the boards that go around under the roof. They are in bad shape and need to be painted. We should get our bathroom walls done. We wallpapered them a long time ago and the wallpaper is peeling. We'd like to turn those walls into just plain paint and maybe just a border by the ceiling.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, we just finished the front of the house last week. Next, my husband wants to do the boards that go around under the roof. They are in bad shape and need to be painted. We should get our bathroom walls done. We wallpapered them a long time ago and the wallpaper is peeling. We'd like to turn those walls into just plain paint and maybe just a border by the ceiling.

We had our roof redone a few years ago. That was a big job!

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Sunny but a little cool over my house this morning.

It sounds like everyone has projects of one sort or another in the works around their houses. Don't think that just because my kitchen project is complete, that I am finished for the year. There is always something that need to be done!

Maxcat - I rarely twist the halves of an Oreo cookie apart. I do dunk them on occasion, but not that often. I really don't play favorites either, as I like just about any cookie! :smileywink:

I need to get going on what promises to be a busy day. Have fun everyonee!

Jim

Follow me on Twitter @JImcolombo

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Yes, Jim, there are other immediate projects ahead. Our shed which was here when we bought the house and is made of wood needs painting badly. And we have ideas for the interior but don't know if we are up to it with back problems plaguing both of us.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

We tried to have our roof done two years ago as some roofers were going through the neighborhood and they did a good job on the house next door. We couldn't convince the insurance company as the existing was 18 years old. They couldn't find any hail damage as they did next door and essentially, we would have to foot the bill. We just couldn't do it.

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

It's raining cats and dogs over my house this morning. I really like sunny and 75 better.

I was hoping to sneak away to the golf driving range today for a little practice. Maybe tomorrow. 

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

I may get a chance to crack out the grill if the promised warmer temperatures arrive.

Hope everyone enjoys!

Jim

Find me on Facebook and Like my fan page - Author Jim Colombo

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

I've been distracted by the good weather lately and haven't been on the boards. Jim your kitchen pictures look great. I'll have to read back on what everyone else said later. Happy April Fools Day Everyone!