becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's latest project picture

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, yes, I am covered with the doctor I am going to. I also have same day surgery coverage for the removal of the cataract should be covered.

Right now, it is on my right eye that the cataract has effect my vision. I am not sure yet what is going on with the one in my left eye. I know I have one but it has not gotten to the point that it needs removed yet that I know of.

I can see to stitch and read. I do have to remove my glases to work on the computer.

So I will let you know what I find out when I get home tomorrow. I want to get this done as soon as possible.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Bright and sunny but not warm yet

maxcat wrote:

Amen to that, becke.

Photo: <pat>

with thanks to Let Your Light Shine

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Everything ok here. Ark built, but I am still seeking a pair of giraffes!!! I have seen heavy rain before, but I can't remember seeing a period of thunder and lightning that lasted continuously so long. Nearly 15 hours over my house! Geez!

Patti- prayers said. Best of luck!

Waiting for warmer drier days!

Have fun!

Jim

Jim - The thunder and lightning over the lake kept waking me up last night. HUGE storm!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone, I have to get the cataracts in both eyes removed. The right eye will be done first as it is the worst. Worst that I thought. That will be done on May 31st. Then the left eye will be done July 5th.

I go on Thurs to get my eyes measured for the implants that they will put in my eyes. So I am relieved that they will get done. I just might not need any glasses after this is all done. Have to find out about that. That would be so nice and save me money as I was going to get some transitions lenses if I needed glasses.

My friend, Judy took me and was sad that I could not see the eye chart with my right eye and making the best attempt to see the letters.

I am glad that both of my eyes will get done. That way I won't have to come back to get that done later.

So that is where I am.

So pray for me in the coming weeks and months. My friend Judy is going to take me for my surgery. I will get my brother to take me on Thurs.

I am going to stitch today. I am back on the fan now.

Take care eveyone.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Hi, everyone, I have to get the cataracts in both eyes removed. The right eye will be done first as it is the worst. Worst that I thought. That will be done on May 31st. Then the left eye will be done July 5th.

I go on Thurs to get my eyes measured for the implants that they will put in my eyes. So I am relieved that they will get done. I just might not need any glasses after this is all done. Have to find out about that. That would be so nice and save me money as I was going to get some transitions lenses if I needed glasses.

My friend, Judy took me and was sad that I could not see the eye chart with my right eye and making the best attempt to see the letters.

I am glad that both of my eyes will get done. That way I won't have to come back to get that done later.

So that is where I am.

So pray for me in the coming weeks and months. My friend Judy is going to take me for my surgery. I will get my brother to take me on Thurs.

I am going to stitch today. I am back on the fan now.

Take care eveyone.

ReadingPatti

Just think, by the end of the summer your eyesight will be soooo much better!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Yes, I can't wait until the end of May when I get the right eye done. It is the worst of the two. I will see so much better.

I go Thurs and they will measure my eyes for the implants. Then I will get eye drops that I have to do for three days before I have the surgery.

So I am so ready to get the done and over with.

It would be so nice if I did not need to have glasses anymore expect to read. We will see what happens.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Yes, I can't wait until the end of May when I get the right eye done. It is the worst of the two. I will see so much better.

I go Thurs and they will measure my eyes for the implants. Then I will get eye drops that I have to do for three days before I have the surgery.

So I am so ready to get the done and over with.

It would be so nice if I did not need to have glasses anymore expect to read. We will see what happens.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, thanks, I loved the eye pictures. They are very pretty. I just can't wait until this gets done and I can see properly again.

I don't know how the one in my right eye got so bad so fast. Last year it effected my vision a little, now it is really bad. It really grew in just a year. According to Dr. Vittione the left eye needs removed to. He says that it is worst than I think it is. Man, I don't know what is going on with these cataracts.

But they will get taken care of. I just have to be patient and wait.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, thanks, I loved the eye pictures. They are very pretty. I just can't wait until this gets done and I can see properly again.

I don't know how the one in my right eye got so bad so fast. Last year it effected my vision a little, now it is really bad. It really grew in just a year. According to Dr. Vittione the left eye needs removed to. He says that it is worst than I think it is. Man, I don't know what is going on with these cataracts.

But they will get taken care of. I just have to be patient and wait.

ReadingPatti

Patti - In the past two years both of my parents have had cataracts removed. My mom was scared of the surgery so she had put it off a long time. She can see soooo much better now!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am not afraid of the surgery. I just don't understand how the cataract in my right eye do so bad in a year.  I will be so happy when it get removed in May. I just hope that they, both of them will not be any worst until they are removed. That is what I worry about. Waking not and having the one in the left as bad as the one in the right.

I probably shouldn't worry but this is my eyes. If I can't see, I can't work, read or stitch.

So I just have to pray that they will not get any worse and that everything will work out as it should.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am not afraid of the surgery. I just don't understand how the cataract in my right eye do so bad in a year.  I will be so happy when it get removed in May. I just hope that they, both of them will not be any worst until they are removed. That is what I worry about. Waking not and having the one in the left as bad as the one in the right.

I probably shouldn't worry but this is my eyes. If I can't see, I can't work, read or stitch.

So I just have to pray that they will not get any worse and that everything will work out as it should.

ReadingPatti

At least they caught it! Keep us posted, Patti!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

happy birthday, Becke. May your day shine bright from dawn to midnight!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

happy birthday, Becke. May your day shine bright from dawn to midnight!

Thank you so much! It's pouring rain and the temperature has dropped. Ugh! Apart from that, it's been a fun day!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Hope you had a very Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great day.:smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Hope you had a very Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great day.:smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

ReadingPatti

Thank you, Patti!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I got my eyes measured for the implants yesterday. I have the prescriptions for the eye drops. I did have to call the doctor's office back after I found out that one of them is not covered and the cost would be close to $200.00. So they are giving me one for the generic version. I just have to do more drops.

I also found out that I have to also get an EKG because of the stupid Tachcardydia. I need to find out from my doctor what I can do about this. I take medication for it. There has to be a way that I can get rid of the rapid heartbeat. I don't want to have to do an EKG every time I have to have surgery or same day surgery.

Once that is done, I just have to wait until May 31st to get the right eye done. God, I wish I could get this done sooner, but he is on vacation for two weeks in May and all booked up until then, so I have to wait.

I just hope that the left eye does not get any worse until then. That is my fear that I will wake up and have cloudy vision in the left eye too Then where will I be. Don't know.

Not much else happening.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone, due to the fact that I am having cataract surgery, the B & B will not be having a Memorial day celebration this year. Also there will be not holiday celebration until July.

No 4th of July either.

I can't plan these celebrations and have eye surgery either.

I am giving the  B & B staff those two weeks off.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I have to take care of my eyes first.

I will get back into the swing of things for Labor Day.

Thanks for understanding.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Patti - We'll all be sending you good wishes when you have the surgery. In the meantime, have a good weekend!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I have most of everythings ready for my cataract surgery. I have to go tomorrow for my EKG and have it faxed to the eye doctor.

I will stitch tomorrow. I am working on the fan. I am getting it filled in.

I just started reading the new James Patterson- 12th of Never. It is good so far.

I have started Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts and Gult by Jonathan Kellerman.

Some many books, so little time.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I have most of everythings ready for my cataract surgery. I have to go tomorrow for my EKG and have it faxed to the eye doctor.

I will stitch tomorrow. I am working on the fan. I am getting it filled in.

I just started reading the new James Patterson- 12th of Never. It is good so far.

I have started Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts and Gult by Jonathan Kellerman.

Some many books, so little time.

ReadingPatti

Good luck at the doctor's today, Patti!

I read Whiskey Beach a few weeks ago and I just finished an advance copy of the next Linwood Barclay thriller. Could NOT put it down!