Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Bright and sunny but not warm yet

Becke, I am good to go. I got the EKG done and I am good. I have the correct preciptions for eyes and now just have to wait to start them on the 28th, 29th and 30th. Then have the surgery on the right eye for the cataract.

So now I just wait.

I am going back to stitching.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am good to go. I got the EKG done and I am good. I have the correct preciptions for eyes and now just have to wait to start them on the 28th, 29th and 30th. Then have the surgery on the right eye for the cataract.

So now I just wait.

I am going back to stitching.

ReadingPatti

I'm glad you can still see good enough to work on your project!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am not sure how I do it. Dr. Vittione is not sure either. The right eye cataract is really bad and the left I guess is not far behind.

I told him that I was still stitching and reading, he joked do I do that by feel.

I guess the left eye is doing most of the work.

So 4 weeks to go as of today.

I have two things to go to tomorrow. We are having our annual volunteer breakfast tomorrow at King's then I come home and get ready to go back to King's for my Red Rose tea club.

I just wish it was time to get it done and over with. I want to be able to see right again.

I will be so happy when it is done.

So I will be stitching today and working on the fan. I am getting the yellow base color of the fan filled in. I am on section that I don't have much to do. then on the another one. I want to get a much of this done before I go back to work on Monday.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone, the weather here has been dreary all week and either downpours or very heavy mist has fallen. We have hummingbirds now and we'll wait while momma hummingbird hatches her eggs. Last year, we had a problem as a very bad and windy storm came through and we could only guess that the female lost her eggs. Along came a male hummingbird and she finally had two babies to raise. This all happened in the middle of summer and she and her babies stayed later than usual to get themselves fattened up for the long journey south. So this year, we hoping for better luck on her side.

Max is doing well. Sunday is his 19th birthday and we don't do it up big anymore. I'm just glad he made this far. 

Have a good weekend everyone.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

maxcat, I and Callie are very happy that Max is doing better. Tell him Happy Birthday from both of us and Callie is very very happy too.

Callie loves her from Max and she wishes Max a Very Happy Birthday.

Give him hugs and kisses from both of us.

:smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Hi, everyone, the weather here has been dreary all week and either downpours or very heavy mist has fallen. We have hummingbirds now and we'll wait while momma hummingbird hatches her eggs. Last year, we had a problem as a very bad and windy storm came through and we could only guess that the female lost her eggs. Along came a male hummingbird and she finally had two babies to raise. This all happened in the middle of summer and she and her babies stayed later than usual to get themselves fattened up for the long journey south. So this year, we hoping for better luck on her side.

Max is doing well. Sunday is his 19th birthday and we don't do it up big anymore. I'm just glad he made this far. 

Have a good weekend everyone.

We used to get lots of hummingbirds on our deck in Cincinnati (because of my hanging baskets and container plants). Of course, I'm not likely to see any on the 12th floor, where I am now, but I might see some in the garden of our building.

I'm glad Max is doing well! Casper is not quite that old, but he's getting up there, too.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Max's birthday

Maxcat, Please Kiss and Hug Max for me and Callie. Wish him a very Happy 19th birthday.

Callie and I am praying for Max. Callie loves her friend Max very much. She misses not seeing him in Mimosa Village.

So have a great day Max. We all love you very much.

Happy Birthday.:smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileylol::heart::heart::catvery-happy::cathappy:

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Max's birthday

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, How are you? Have not seen anyone on lately. Not much happening here. I have 3 weeks and counting for my cataract surgery. I am so ready.

I am almost done with the fan at the bottom of the project. I hope to finish it today. Then go back to the top work on the headress then figure out what mistake I made on the fan at the top. So I am in good shape to have this done by August.

Went out with my friend, Judy yesterday. She had an appointment with the same doctor who is going to do my surgery. He did hers. She is happy with the results. Only reading glasses.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Maxcat, just checking in with you. Hope is Max. How he had a nice birthday.

Callie thinks about her friend a lot. She loves Max.

We are still praying for Max.

So let us know what is going on with you and Max.

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, we went to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens where mothers got in free this weekend. It has an orchid conservatory that is full of orchids and air plants and wierd looking palms. It's beautiful in there and it misted while we were there. It didn't matter; the plants need it. I try to grow air plants and I bought one there at the gardens and received expert advice on what to do with them. I also bought an air plant that was in a small teardrop planter that hangs. Pretty in red.

Max and I were almost in a very serious accident Monday. I was transporting him to the vet for a non- emergency problem. We were doing speed limit on the road going to the vet's when I noticed a black SUV that was in a lot of hurry. It was in the left lane and was even honking at the car in front him even though the car was doing 35. I was creeping up on them and the SUV decides to pull into my lane on a bridge that overlooks railroad tracks. I somped on my brakes so hard, my hip hurt later in the day. Fortunately, I didn't hit it nor did I hit the curb. But I have just been mentally frazzled the rest of the week. Poor Max suffered a bloody nose when I pulled him out of the carrier. He is unstable to begin with and the force of the brakes must have toppled him into the side of the carrier. His nose is fine...the vet checked his bones in the area plus the teeth and he is fine. His nose was red and swollen for 2 days but it's pink now and normal looking.

Sorry for not being on but that,s why. I'm still a little upset but getting better every day. I try to stay with bunches of people because if I'm alone, I start thinking about that day.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, How are you? Have not seen anyone on lately. Not much happening here. I have 3 weeks and counting for my cataract surgery. I am so ready.

I am almost done with the fan at the bottom of the project. I hope to finish it today. Then go back to the top work on the headress then figure out what mistake I made on the fan at the top. So I am in good shape to have this done by August.

Went out with my friend, Judy yesterday. She had an appointment with the same doctor who is going to do my surgery. He did hers. She is happy with the results. Only reading glasses.

ReadingPatti

It's weird - summer isn't even here yet, but it will be almost over when you have your surgery. Why does winter seem to last YEARS and summer is gone in a blink?

I haven't been here as much as usual lately - now that Adaline is crawling, I can't leave her alone for a minute, and that includes naptime. She's a climber!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, we went to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens where mothers got in free this weekend. It has an orchid conservatory that is full of orchids and air plants and wierd looking palms. It's beautiful in there and it misted while we were there. It didn't matter; the plants need it. I try to grow air plants and I bought one there at the gardens and received expert advice on what to do with them. I also bought an air plant that was in a small teardrop planter that hangs. Pretty in red.

Max and I were almost in a very serious accident Monday. I was transporting him to the vet for a non- emergency problem. We were doing speed limit on the road going to the vet's when I noticed a black SUV that was in a lot of hurry. It was in the left lane and was even honking at the car in front him even though the car was doing 35. I was creeping up on them and the SUV decides to pull into my lane on a bridge that overlooks railroad tracks. I somped on my brakes so hard, my hip hurt later in the day. Fortunately, I didn't hit it nor did I hit the curb. But I have just been mentally frazzled the rest of the week. Poor Max suffered a bloody nose when I pulled him out of the carrier. He is unstable to begin with and the force of the brakes must have toppled him into the side of the carrier. His nose is fine...the vet checked his bones in the area plus the teeth and he is fine. His nose was red and swollen for 2 days but it's pink now and normal looking.

Sorry for not being on but that,s why. I'm still a little upset but getting better every day. I try to stay with bunches of people because if I'm alone, I start thinking about that day.

I know just how you feel. My cat, Casper, was seriously ill last June and we nearly lost him. That was a HORRIBLE time but he's back to normal now!

BTW, those gardens look beautiful: http://www.dsbg.org/

Spring Events at the Garden

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Maxcat, Sorry to hear about the near accident. That must have been so scary.

I am so glad that you and Max are not hurt. I bet poor Max did not know what was going on.

I don't understand what some people think. They must think that they are the only ones on the road.

Just very happy that you are here with us.

Callie sends her love to both of you.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Yes, I will be very happy when I have my surgery. I have the right eye done on May 31st. Then six weeks later, on July 5th, the left one gets done.

So by the time I go to WadeFest, I may not have glases. Only reading glasses. It will be so nice to see clearly.

I finished the new James Patterson-12th of Never. It was really good.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Yes, I will be very happy when I have my surgery. I have the right eye done on May 31st. Then six weeks later, on July 5th, the left one gets done.

So by the time I go to WadeFest, I may not have glases. Only reading glasses. It will be so nice to see clearly.

I finished the new James Patterson-12th of Never. It was really good.

ReadingPatti

A friend of mine had glasses as thick as Coke bottles until he had that Lasix (Lasik?) surgery done back when it was still experimental. He can see almost perfectly now!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Hi, just checking in. My friend Judy and I went to Johnstown on Wed. She had a doctor's appointment. We have a good time until we got back to her car. We had park it near Micheals. Went there then went to Petco and when we got back the car would not start.

So walked over to Wal-Mart and one of the guys from the auto department came and jump it and we took it over and found out that she needed a new battery. I shopped some and came back and Judy called her husband and told him what happened. She felt like it messed up our day. I did not. Things happen. We went to a yogurt shop and man it was just great. You get a cup and pick any in of yogurts you want then add all kinds of topping and get in weight. So much an ounce but it is just so great and I even go a T-Shirt. It is called Sweet Frog. A lot of people were coming and going. It is popular and in a great place as there is a lot of businesses there so people can come for something really cool and great to eat.

So we can back to Somerset and stopped at the Wal-Mart in Somerset and I got some groceries and so did Judy. She brought me home and she went home. We were both tired and were still recovering yesterday.

I had funny in spite of the battery. She and her husband are thinking about getting her a newer car something really nice but not brand new. So our next adventure is when she is coming to get me to take me to Somerset Hospital to get my cataract in the right eye removed. Two weeks and counting. I am just so ready.

I wish I could get it done soon.

So I am working on my stitching and getting the headress to match up with the fan. Ok so far. I am will be happy when it is done.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Hi, just checking in. My friend Judy and I went to Johnstown on Wed. She had a doctor's appointment. We have a good time until we got back to her car. We had park it near Micheals. Went there then went to Petco and when we got back the car would not start.

So walked over to Wal-Mart and one of the guys from the auto department came and jump it and we took it over and found out that she needed a new battery. I shopped some and came back and Judy called her husband and told him what happened. She felt like it messed up our day. I did not. Things happen. We went to a yogurt shop and man it was just great. You get a cup and pick any in of yogurts you want then add all kinds of topping and get in weight. So much an ounce but it is just so great and I even go a T-Shirt. It is called Sweet Frog. A lot of people were coming and going. It is popular and in a great place as there is a lot of businesses there so people can come for something really cool and great to eat.

So we can back to Somerset and stopped at the Wal-Mart in Somerset and I got some groceries and so did Judy. She brought me home and she went home. We were both tired and were still recovering yesterday.

I had funny in spite of the battery. She and her husband are thinking about getting her a newer car something really nice but not brand new. So our next adventure is when she is coming to get me to take me to Somerset Hospital to get my cataract in the right eye removed. Two weeks and counting. I am just so ready.

I wish I could get it done soon.

So I am working on my stitching and getting the headress to match up with the fan. Ok so far. I am will be happy when it is done.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

I'm glad it didn't turn out to be anything too serious wrong with your friend's car. When my kids were in college, their cars had more transmission problems than I would have thought possible!

The yogurt place sounds fun! They got a really good review here:

http://adage.com/article/news/crowded-fro-yo-pond-sweet-frog-stands/234727/

I found a list of their locations here: http://sweetfrogyogurt.com/locations

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Maxcat, so glad you and Max weren't seriously injured in traffic. I just read a student paper outlining how dangerous SUV's are, so it's a good thing it did not cause a rollover incident. Thank God you and Max are all right! "Shaken, but not stirred". Sorry couldn't resist that last crack. Bad habit of mine, coming up with hokey lines like that when there's something really serious going on. Guess I just have a cracked mind, ha ha. Anyway, so happy to read that Max has made it to 19! Love him up while you can!

Patti, hope your eye surgery goes well. I'll say a few prayers for you hoping that your eyesight will be restored and you'll be able to continue with all your stitching projects.

Jim, you can always fly out to Phoenix to get warm if the weather in your neck of the woods is not to your liking. Must warn you though, we are now in our HOT season. Already in the 100's this week, and it's NOT EVEN JUNE YET!!!( June is often our hottest month, even worse than July, so when the temps start rising before June, it is NOT a good sign!)

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke and Patti, it does not look as though there are any Sweet Frog frozen yogurt shops in Arizona. Rats.

becke, I understand completely about your having to pay attention to Adline. Besides being her doting grandmother, babysitting in general for a toddler takes total focus and attention, as the "littles" at that stage are capable of getting into all sorts of things, in very short time spans.

I remember in college babysitting for a two-year-old(one of my friends had been sitting for him and somehow convinced me that it would be a good idea for me to take her place). Thought I would get him to bed and then have some time to study. Boy, was I WRONG! Like your precious Adaline, becke, the kid was a climber. I could not take my eyes off him for more than a few seconds before  he would be in the kitchen, climbing up on something. Then he would want to go out with the dog. Then back in again.  I would get him in the den, watching TV. If I took my eyes off him for more than a few seconds,I found he was not watching TV, but back in the kitchen! By the time the babysitting session was over, I was EXHAUSTED! Oh, and I think I maybe got one page of a text book open, but that was it. Learned my lesson as far as finding out that studying and watching a toddler do NOT mix!!!!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie