becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, HI, I had my left eye surgery, I went Sat and the doctor checked it. He says it looks good and I could read some letters.

It is starting the healing process. I have to give it time. I have just been reading and watching tv. Callie is great company. She looks at Mom and wonders why I have the eye shield on my eye.

I hope to be able to stitch some today or tomorrow for sure.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I hope your eye heals quickly, Patti!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Thanks, I do too. If the results are a good as the right eye I will be very happy.

I did to some stitching yesterday. Not much as my eye got tired but a little.

I am doing my drops. Callie is going to wonder why Mom is home this week. She is like that a lot.

We are have hot days and then the pop up thunderstorms come. Yesterday we had a heavy down pour. The rain came down in sheets.

My friend, Judy said they had a bad storm her way. Their electric was out and she had to use a different phone. Her dog, Munchie, a chichihua is very scared of storms and stay by her side.

They had to be the electric in their basement checked by a neighbor who knows electric stuff.

She is coming to Somerset. I am not sure if she will stop by or not. I hope so.

So I am processing. I was out before I got into the operating room and don't remember anything until I was back in my room. Judy said that I keep babbling about not seeing the light or the nurse coming in. Although I did feel rushed to leave. I almost did not get my instructions. Nurse had to get them for me. I know they only have 5 of these beds but I left like they could not wait to get me out.

Ok, well it is over with. I did write on the card I got how I felt. To let them know my experience.

Going to work to get my paycheck and put it in the bank.

I wil be almost done with all this by the time I do to WadeFest. YEAH,. I am so hoping to be able to have only reading glasses.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Thanks, I do too. If the results are a good as the right eye I will be very happy.

I did to some stitching yesterday. Not much as my eye got tired but a little.

I am doing my drops. Callie is going to wonder why Mom is home this week. She is like that a lot.

We are have hot days and then the pop up thunderstorms come. Yesterday we had a heavy down pour. The rain came down in sheets.

My friend, Judy said they had a bad storm her way. Their electric was out and she had to use a different phone. Her dog, Munchie, a chichihua is very scared of storms and stay by her side.

They had to be the electric in their basement checked by a neighbor who knows electric stuff.

She is coming to Somerset. I am not sure if she will stop by or not. I hope so.

So I am processing. I was out before I got into the operating room and don't remember anything until I was back in my room. Judy said that I keep babbling about not seeing the light or the nurse coming in. Although I did feel rushed to leave. I almost did not get my instructions. Nurse had to get them for me. I know they only have 5 of these beds but I left like they could not wait to get me out.

Ok, well it is over with. I did write on the card I got how I felt. To let them know my experience.

Going to work to get my paycheck and put it in the bank.

I wil be almost done with all this by the time I do to WadeFest. YEAH,. I am so hoping to be able to have only reading glasses.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I know what you mean - I only need reading glasses now, for the most part. As I've gotten older, my distance vision has improved so much I hardly ever wear my distance glasses anymore. 

The last time I had (minor) surgery several years ago, I didn't remember the doctor coming in and talking to me. When my husband mentioned it I thought he was teasing me. Very weird!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I can't hardly wait to see if I will only have reading glasses. My eye feels good. I get the itches sometimes but I think that means it is getting better. I am doing my drops and go back on Fri for the next check up.

Then I will proably have one three weeks later.

So by August I will know where I am.

Callie is enjoying having Mom home this week. I am going out to get my paycheck and then come home and stitch and read.

I am reading The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax for book club. I am liking it a lot.

Talk to you soon.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I can't hardly wait to see if I will only have reading glasses. My eye feels good. I get the itches sometimes but I think that means it is getting better. I am doing my drops and go back on Fri for the next check up.

Then I will proably have one three weeks later.

So by August I will know where I am.

Callie is enjoying having Mom home this week. I am going out to get my paycheck and then come home and stitch and read.

I am reading The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax for book club. I am liking it a lot.

Talk to you soon.

Sounds great, Patti! Keep us posted!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm going to be out for awhile this afternoon - please make John Clement welcome while I'm away from the computer! Thank you!!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Tomorrow, I will go for my second visit after the cataract surgery. When I come back home, I will then go to lunch at 11 with my friends, Joyce and Denise. I will then go with Joyce to get some groceries.

So I am hoping that everything will be good with my eye.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Tomorrow, I will go for my second visit after the cataract surgery. When I come back home, I will then go to lunch at 11 with my friends, Joyce and Denise. I will then go with Joyce to get some groceries.

So I am hoping that everything will be good with my eye.

ReadingPatti

Fingers crossed that you're good to go!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I just back from the eye doctor. My eye is great. It is healing well. I have another appointment in 3 weeks. By then I will know if I will need only reading glasses or not.

I am praying that I do.

I am going out to have lunch with my friends, Joyce and Denise. I will do some shopping. Have to get Callie some food and toilet paper.

I will get some groceries too.

So I am very happy with how things are going with my eyes. The eye pressure is good too.

So I don't have to wear the eye shield and only do two drops now.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Good luck, Patti!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am very happy. My eye is healing very nicely. Both are healing. I saw letters. So of the small ones were blurry but I saw them.

I am down to two drops four times a day. I go back on Aug 2.

Not more eye shield at night.

I am not sure yet if I will need only reading glasses hopefully when I go in Aug I will find out.

So I am very happy with the results so far.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am very happy. My eye is healing very nicely. Both are healing. I saw letters. So of the small ones were blurry but I saw them.

I am down to two drops four times a day. I go back on Aug 2.

Not more eye shield at night.

I am not sure yet if I will need only reading glasses hopefully when I go in Aug I will find out.

So I am very happy with the results so far.

ReadingPatti and Callie

So you can't read very well at the moment? Yikes! I'd go crazy!!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am reading small letters but some a blurry. I did make them out.

I am reading just fine. I have read several e-books and several of my own.

It has only been a week since the surgery on the left eye so it is still healing but healing very nicely.

I will know more when I go back on the 2nd of Aug, if I will only need reading glasses.

So don't worry I am reading and stitching.

I should be coming back to mystery in August.

I go back to work on Tues.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am reading small letters but some a blurry. I did make them out.

I am reading just fine. I have read several e-books and several of my own.

It has only been a week since the surgery on the left eye so it is still healing but healing very nicely.

I will know more when I go back on the 2nd of Aug, if I will only need reading glasses.

So don't worry I am reading and stitching.

I should be coming back to mystery in August.

I go back to work on Tues.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Great, Patti - I'm glad you are doing so well! Congratulations!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am too. I am hoping that when I go back in Aug that I will only have to get reading glasses.

I did so cleaning in my apartment.

I have done some stitching too. I am working on a Mary Balogh book that has two in one.

Not much happening. Getting warm outside.

I am going to get myself some 3/4" 4ft long dowels then have them slit so I can use them to do bigger cross stitch patterns. I found out that Lowe's has them.

So not much else going on. I am off tomorrow then work Tues and Wed then work Sat.

I did finish my book club book. We will be discussing The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax. I liked it a lot. It was reallly good.

So talk to soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Well, it is Tues and it is back to work for me. I have to be there by 9:00 and I work tomorrow then Sat.

My eye is doing great. I go back on the 2nd of Aug to get it check and find out if I will only need reading glasses.

I really hope so.

I did get some cleaning done. I am taking it easy as my eye is still healing and it is hot in Somerset this week.

I am reading Deadly Vows by Brenda Joyce. I love this series.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, went back to work yesterday. I was seeing the computer better without my glasses so I call the doctor's office and asked. They told me that if I could better without them then don't wear them.

It seems strange not to wear my glasses. I have woren them since the 1970's when I was in the Air Force. I have to get use to not wearing them.

I go back on the 2nd of Aug and they will tell what I need.

I am thinking and praying that I will only need reading glasses. YEAH.

Still hot in Somerset.

Talk to you soon

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Well, it is Tues and it is back to work for me. I have to be there by 9:00 and I work tomorrow then Sat.

My eye is doing great. I go back on the 2nd of Aug to get it check and find out if I will only need reading glasses.

I really hope so.

I did get some cleaning done. I am taking it easy as my eye is still healing and it is hot in Somerset this week.

I am reading Deadly Vows by Brenda Joyce. I love this series.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Deadly Vows (Francesca Cahill Series #9)  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good morning!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Good morning!

Becke, Hi, Good Morning, It is hot in Somerset. We have had 80's and 90's weather for about a week. It is suppose to get cooler this weekend.

I want to do some cleaning in my apartment but it is just to hot. I will work on it tomorrow after work and on Sun.

I want to get rid of some stuff and I have clothes to get rid of too.

Callie says Hi to Max. That is your kitty's name, right.

ReadingPatti