Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes


ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, HI, I had my left eye surgery, I went Sat and the doctor checked it. He says it looks good and I could read some letters.

 

It is starting the healing process. I have to give it time. I have just been reading and watching tv. Callie is great company. She looks at Mom and wonders why I have the eye shield on my eye.

 

I hope to be able to stitch some today or tomorrow for sure.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie


I hope your eye heals quickly, Patti!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

Becke, Thanks, I do too. If the results are a good as the right eye I will be very happy.

 

I did to some stitching yesterday. Not much as my eye got tired but a little.

 

I am doing my drops. Callie is going to wonder why Mom is home this week. She is like that a lot.

 

We are have hot days and then the pop up thunderstorms come. Yesterday we had a heavy down pour. The rain came down in sheets.

 

My friend, Judy said they had a bad storm her way. Their electric was out and she had to use a different phone. Her dog, Munchie, a chichihua is very scared of storms and stay by her side.

 

They had to be the electric in their basement checked by a neighbor who knows electric stuff.

 

She is coming to Somerset. I am not sure if she will stop by or not. I hope so.

 

So I am processing. I was out before I got into the operating room and don't remember anything until I was back in my room. Judy said that I keep babbling about not seeing the light or the nurse coming in. Although I did feel rushed to leave. I almost did not get my instructions. Nurse had to get them for me. I know they only have 5 of these beds but I left like they could not wait to get me out.

 

Ok, well it is over with. I did write on the card I got how I felt. To let them know my experience.

 

Going to work to get my paycheck and put it in the bank.

 

I wil be almost done with all this by the time I do to WadeFest. YEAH,. I am so hoping to be able to have only reading glasses.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes


ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Thanks, I do too. If the results are a good as the right eye I will be very happy.

 

I did to some stitching yesterday. Not much as my eye got tired but a little.

 

I am doing my drops. Callie is going to wonder why Mom is home this week. She is like that a lot.

 

We are have hot days and then the pop up thunderstorms come. Yesterday we had a heavy down pour. The rain came down in sheets.

 

My friend, Judy said they had a bad storm her way. Their electric was out and she had to use a different phone. Her dog, Munchie, a chichihua is very scared of storms and stay by her side.

 

They had to be the electric in their basement checked by a neighbor who knows electric stuff.

 

She is coming to Somerset. I am not sure if she will stop by or not. I hope so.

 

So I am processing. I was out before I got into the operating room and don't remember anything until I was back in my room. Judy said that I keep babbling about not seeing the light or the nurse coming in. Although I did feel rushed to leave. I almost did not get my instructions. Nurse had to get them for me. I know they only have 5 of these beds but I left like they could not wait to get me out.

 

Ok, well it is over with. I did write on the card I got how I felt. To let them know my experience.

 

Going to work to get my paycheck and put it in the bank.

 

I wil be almost done with all this by the time I do to WadeFest. YEAH,. I am so hoping to be able to have only reading glasses.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie


I know what you mean - I only need reading glasses now, for the most part. As I've gotten older, my distance vision has improved so much I hardly ever wear my distance glasses anymore. 

 

The last time I had (minor) surgery several years ago, I didn't remember the doctor coming in and talking to me. When my husband mentioned it I thought he was teasing me. Very weird!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

Becke, I can't hardly wait to see if I will only have reading glasses. My eye feels good. I get the itches sometimes but I think that means it is getting better. I am doing my drops and go back on Fri for the next check up.

 

Then I will proably have one three weeks later.

 

So by August I will know where I am.

 

Callie is enjoying having Mom home this week. I am going out to get my paycheck and then come home and stitch and read.

 

I am reading The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax for book club. I am liking it a lot.

 

Talk to you soon.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes


ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I can't hardly wait to see if I will only have reading glasses. My eye feels good. I get the itches sometimes but I think that means it is getting better. I am doing my drops and go back on Fri for the next check up.

 

Then I will proably have one three weeks later.

 

So by August I will know where I am.

 

Callie is enjoying having Mom home this week. I am going out to get my paycheck and then come home and stitch and read.

 

I am reading The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax for book club. I am liking it a lot.

 

Talk to you soon.


Sounds great, Patti! Keep us posted!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

I'm going to be out for awhile this afternoon - please make John Clement welcome while I'm away from the computer! Thank you!!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

Becke, Tomorrow, I will go for my second visit after the cataract surgery. When I come back home, I will then go to lunch at 11 with my friends, Joyce and Denise. I will then go with Joyce to get some groceries.

 

So I am hoping that everything will be good with my eye.

 

ReadingPatti

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

[ Edited ]

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Tomorrow, I will go for my second visit after the cataract surgery. When I come back home, I will then go to lunch at 11 with my friends, Joyce and Denise. I will then go with Joyce to get some groceries.

 

So I am hoping that everything will be good with my eye.

 

ReadingPatti


Fingers crossed that you're good to go!

 

 

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

Becke, I just back from the eye doctor. My eye is great. It is healing well. I have another appointment in 3 weeks. By then I will know if I will need only reading glasses or not.

 

I am praying that I do.

 

I am going out to have lunch with my friends, Joyce and Denise. I will do some shopping. Have to get Callie some food and toilet paper.

 

I will get some groceries too.

 

So I am very happy with how things are going with my eyes. The eye pressure is good too.

 

So I don't have to wear the eye shield and only do two drops now.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

 

ReadingPatti and Callie

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

[ Edited ]

Good luck, Patti!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

Becke, I am very happy. My eye is healing very nicely. Both are healing. I saw letters. So of the small ones were blurry but I saw them.

 

I am down to two drops four times a day. I go back on Aug 2.

 

Not more eye shield at night.

 

I am not sure yet if I will need only reading glasses hopefully when I go in Aug I will find out.

 

So I am very happy with the results so far.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes


ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am very happy. My eye is healing very nicely. Both are healing. I saw letters. So of the small ones were blurry but I saw them.

 

I am down to two drops four times a day. I go back on Aug 2.

 

Not more eye shield at night.

 

I am not sure yet if I will need only reading glasses hopefully when I go in Aug I will find out.

 

So I am very happy with the results so far.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie


So you can't read very well at the moment? Yikes! I'd go crazy!!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

Becke, I am reading small letters but some a blurry. I did make them out.

 

I am reading just fine. I have read several e-books and several of my own.

 

It has only been a week since the surgery on the left eye so it is still healing but healing very nicely.

 

I will know more when I go back on the 2nd of Aug, if I will only need reading glasses.

 

So don't worry I am reading and stitching.

 

I should be coming back to mystery in August.

 

I go back to work on Tues.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes


ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am reading small letters but some a blurry. I did make them out.

 

I am reading just fine. I have read several e-books and several of my own.

 

It has only been a week since the surgery on the left eye so it is still healing but healing very nicely.

 

I will know more when I go back on the 2nd of Aug, if I will only need reading glasses.

 

So don't worry I am reading and stitching.

 

I should be coming back to mystery in August.

 

I go back to work on Tues.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie


Great, Patti - I'm glad you are doing so well! Congratulations!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

Becke, I am too. I am hoping that when I go back in Aug that I will only have to get reading glasses.

 

I did so cleaning in my apartment.

 

I have done some stitching too. I am working on a Mary Balogh book that has two in one.

 

Not much happening. Getting warm outside.

 

I am going to get myself some 3/4" 4ft long dowels then have them slit so I can use them to do bigger cross stitch patterns. I found out that Lowe's has them.

 

So not much else going on. I am off tomorrow then work Tues and Wed then work Sat.

 

I did finish my book club book. We will be discussing The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax. I liked it a lot. It was reallly good.

 

So talk to soon.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie

 

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

Becke, Well, it is Tues and it is back to work for me. I have to be there by 9:00 and I work tomorrow then Sat.

 

My eye is doing great. I go back on the 2nd of Aug to get it check and find out if I will only need reading glasses.

 

I really hope so.

 

I did get some cleaning done. I am taking it easy as my eye is still healing and it is hot in Somerset this week.

 

I am reading Deadly Vows by Brenda Joyce. I love this series.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes

Becke, went back to work yesterday. I was seeing the computer better without my glasses so I call the doctor's office and asked. They told me that if I could better without them then don't wear them.

 

It seems strange not to wear my glasses. I have woren them since the 1970's when I was in the Air Force. I have to get use to not wearing them.

 

I go back on the 2nd of Aug and they will tell what I need.

I am thinking and praying that I will only need reading glasses. YEAH.

 

Still hot in Somerset.

 

Talk to you soon

 

ReadingPatti and Callie

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Eyes


ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Well, it is Tues and it is back to work for me. I have to be there by 9:00 and I work tomorrow then Sat.

 

My eye is doing great. I go back on the 2nd of Aug to get it check and find out if I will only need reading glasses.

 

I really hope so.

 

I did get some cleaning done. I am taking it easy as my eye is still healing and it is hot in Somerset this week.

 

I am reading Deadly Vows by Brenda Joyce. I love this series.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

ReadingPatti and Callie


Deadly Vows (Francesca Cahill Series #9)  

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Good morning!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Good morning!

Becke, Hi, Good Morning, It is hot in Somerset. We have had 80's and 90's weather for about a week. It is suppose to get cooler this weekend.

 

I want to do some cleaning in my apartment but it is just to hot. I will work on it tomorrow after work and on Sun.

 

I want to get rid of some stuff and I have clothes to get rid of too.

 

Callie says Hi to Max. That is your kitty's name, right.

 

ReadingPatti