Reply
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Speaking of tattoos . . .

 

 

You know, by the time we get our copies of the First Look book, this group is going to be TOTALLY out of control! (But everyone knows women who behave never have any fun.) Out of curiosity -- are there any guys here?

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

All that pain and it washed off.

My celtic cross has been on a few years and hasn't washed off.

I would have been back yelling at the guy.

You're right all that hurt and then an eclipse.

 

 


IBIS wrote:

Hi pen21, I agree, wash-off tattoos are great. But when I got mine, I thought it was permanent. it certainly hurt like a permanent one.

 

Imagine my surprise when I came out of the shower the next morning! And found my little sun-tattoo eclipsed!

 

 

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

What an appropriate tattoo for a mystery group.

I can't imagine how long that took or what it cost.

Becke I love your visuals.

 

 


becke_davis wrote:

Speaking of tattoos . . .

 

 

You know, by the time we get our copies of the First Look book, this group is going to be TOTALLY out of control! (But everyone knows women who behave never have any fun.) Out of curiosity -- are there any guys here?


 

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

I'm not sure what the copyright rules are about pasting pictures, but as long as anyone can see them on the internet and we're not making a profit on them, I guess it's okay.

 

I get bored with all the lack of color -- the images make it fun, and they brighten up the page. (Hard to believe my shelves are filled with "real" books and not just picture books, isn't it?)

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club


pen21 wrote:

All that pain and it washed off.

My celtic cross has been on a few years and hasn't washed off.

I would have been back yelling at the guy.

You're right all that hurt and then an eclipse.

 

 


IBIS wrote:

Hi pen21, I agree, wash-off tattoos are great. But when I got mine, I thought it was permanent. it certainly hurt like a permanent one.

 

Imagine my surprise when I came out of the shower the next morning! And found my little sun-tattoo eclipsed!

 

 


 

My daughter recently got a celtic cross on the inside of her forearm.  She also has the Christian fish I designed around her wrist.  She works in a hospital, and all tattoos must be covered.  Bummer. 

Here's mine.   My hero :smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

You can never go wrong with Mickey.

A universal hero

 


KathyS wrote:

My daughter recently got a celtic cross on the inside of her forearm.  She also has the Christian fish I designed around her wrist.  She works in a hospital, and all tattoos must be covered.  Bummer. 

Here's mine.   My hero :smileyvery-happy:


 

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

One of my sisters and three of my nieces have tattoos (tattooes?) but so far I've resisted the needles, as have my husband and kids. But then I'm a major chicken - didn't even get my ears pierced until age 54.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club


becke_davis wrote:

I'm not sure what the copyright rules are about pasting pictures, but as long as anyone can see them on the internet and we're not making a profit on them, I guess it's okay.

 

I get bored with all the lack of color -- the images make it fun, and they brighten up the page. (Hard to believe my shelves are filled with "real" books and not just picture books, isn't it?)

 


 

Becke, what I can't figure out is, how do you find the time to get all of the pictures you post...do you have them all catalogued and at your fingertips?  Ha! 

 

We all realize we'll have to tone it down a dozen notches or two, when we hop to the other board, and the discussion starts....or we really will be kicked out!  I figure we should get it out of our system by then...ya think?   Better here, than there!  :smileyvery-happy:  I was participating in a discussion a long time ago, and was being friendly and silly with a participant, before the discussion actually started, in the intro thread.  But when the discussion started, and the author arrived, I turned absolutely dead serious. I was ridiculed by this newbie, when she wanted to continue the playtime, and I wouldn't put up with her.  She saw me as someone with two faces.  I never meant to be rude, or harsh, but it came out that way. Now, what were we talking about? 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

When we're on the First Look board, we'll follow Rachel's rules. Here, you can all play until we get our copies of the featured book.

 

I use Google Chrome as a browser, which is fast. I just do Google Image searches, but sometimes I have to refine the search terms a few times to get what I'm looking for.

 

I'm surprised by the really random images that come up occasionally.  Yesterday I searched the word "NO" under Google images to find a graphic for a blog I was writing. One of the images that came up was of an inflatable -- and weirdly pornographic -- hermaphrodite alien gecko of some kind. What???? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

[ Edited ]

I was searching for "funny christmas" or "funny santa" pictures to help decorate at work for the holidays.

My idea of funny and what the search thought was funny, was NOT appropriate for work.

 

 


becke_davis wrote:

 

I'm surprised by the really random images that come up occasionally.  Yesterday I searched the word "NO" under Google images to find a graphic for a blog I was writing. One of the images that came up was of an inflatable -- and weirdly pornographic -- hermaphrodite alien gecko of some kind. What???? I'm still trying to figure that one out.


 

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

I know what you mean. One of my friends had had a rough day at work and was feeling really depressed. She's got a thing about Scottish romances and hot guys in kilts so I thought I'd cheer her up with some images. Searched "hot guys in kilts" or maybe it was "hunks in kilts." Oh lordy, the results were a real eye-opener! (And yes, they REALLY cheered her up!)

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

So funny!

I choked on my tea.

 


becke_davis wrote:

I know what you mean. One of my friends had had a rough day at work and was feeling really depressed. She's got a thing about Scottish romances and hot guys in kilts so I thought I'd cheer her up with some images. Searched "hot guys in kilts" or maybe it was "hunks in kilts." Oh lordy, the results were a real eye-opener! (And yes, they REALLY cheered her up!)


 

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club


becke_davis wrote:

I know what you mean. One of my friends had had a rough day at work and was feeling really depressed. She's got a thing about Scottish romances and hot guys in kilts so I thought I'd cheer her up with some images. Searched "hot guys in kilts" or maybe it was "hunks in kilts." Oh lordy, the results were a real eye-opener! (And yes, they REALLY cheered her up!)


 

Yeah, my friend Becky sends me those forwards...then we sit in the classroom and talk about those "images"!  It separates the "real" Scotsmen from the.......

"Can you believe that picture?", Becky says with a chuckle..

"You've got to be kidding....look at that thing!!" 

"Yes, those kilts are pretty short, aren't they?"

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,829
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Yeah Becke I like your pics too. I can't put them into the text box, you think it's because I'm on a MAC?

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Yes, and can we say "Photoshopped??"

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Okay, going to moderator-mode, have all of you registered and received your confirmation for the First Look book? Let me know if you haven't heard back.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club


IBIS wrote:
I was wondering where all the laughter and noise was coming from. So I had to peek in... what a marvelous cheerful group doing the happy dance! I'm also signing up... actually I just got my confirmation.... i'm not sure about the tattoo... mine washed off. I'll do my best to keep up.

 

Welcome, IBIS, to the lighter side.  Looking forward to your insights on TFLC.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club


becke_davis wrote:

Yes, and can we say "Photoshopped??"


 

Becky says, no...they're real...you couldn't prove it by me.... I'm still a virgin.  :womansad:

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Gee, I would swear I've seen pix of some really cute grandkids . . .

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

I'm confirmed.  Later, mater.....