Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

[ Edited ]

Becke, it is in the 30s here in Minnesota again today. We are in a heat wave.

Vermontcozy,

Sorry your book is not here. But I hope it is delivered by dhaupt's UPS man.

She posted this on The Poachers Son board.

dhaupt wrote:

nymazz wrote:

I think I love my UPS man... Book arrived :smileyvery-happy:

Well I don't know that I'd call it love, but he does have nice legs that I see in the warm weather when he wears shorts.

I laughed so hard when I read this.

Hope you get your book soon.

pen21

Vermontcozy wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Susie Q, I got my book (happy dancing on my front porch - oh the neighbor is wrinkling his forehead - better stop now- happy dancing through the front door) And hey I'm a happy person, just one who's tired of winter, praying for an early Spring and the Groundhog didn't cooperate.

I'd love to join you both for coffee in fact lets invite the whole mystery book club too, I know Becke could use a break, and me, I'm always up for conversation, caffeine and my girlfriends.

How's the weather up there in the picturesque Vermont countryside?

No Book..at the PO,no UPS,not in my mailbox...But i did get Jeans,,I am glad you have yours,so mabe me tomorrow,,,My road was plowed,but we still have snow..pretty,Mts are covered so at least we will have lots of skiers.....Our main roads are all clear..The "Snow Plow Guys" live to plow,so they are out all night...As i started to post to you Ms.Debbie,I saw Becke's page of 'Coffee Time"" and cracked up lol lol..She is ready!! pen21 makes amazing Danish,I could do a Chocolate Sour Cream Cake..can you bring the Bagels?..Of couse "All Are invited for our Coffee Cozy"...fun is good....Later  Vtc  Must say hi to Becke now..Keep her company...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

pen21
0 Kudos

OK My chair is by the fire with a large plate of goodies in my lap and a cup of tea in my hand.

I should have baked more before I came. Hope there is enough for everyone. pen21

Danish Pastry

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Oh Hi..I can't believe what a nice spread you have put out after a long day at work.My Plane was late,Becke drove and Debbie slept in the back seat after her encounter with the UPS Guy..Love your home Pen..Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Becke,You certainly know how to "Start a Fire" must be all that experience you have had..on those long cold nights,cuddled up with a "Good Steamy Novel"...Your "Flames" are amazing...Vtc I want the Cherry Danish..So please leave me one...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I'm still hallucinating over 'The Food"....Has  Debbie recovered yet from the Trip...,I am still laughing,this is amazing!!! Vtc..Thanks you for the Ginger Tea,Such a Good Hostess you are pen,V

pen21
0 Kudos

We can order pizza later to round out some kind of meal.

I hope more people pop in to say Hi. All are welcome.

If you want a cat to curl up with by the fire, please bring one, I only have dogs.

Glad you all can come. pen21

pizza

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good grief, at this rate by the time we start on the book we'll need bigger chairs to curl up in!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Pizza? For Breakfast?  I love Pizza,can eat it anytime of the Day...You Rock!!! Debbie still sleeping? Becke is up and around..We are going to BN today?  Near your House..Vtc

pen21
0 Kudos

Sounds like a good plan. Pizza great for breakfast and leftover pastries.

Vermontcozy, that hot chocolate you made with/without the Baileys was the perfect drink last night.

Hope everyone had a good time. pen21

hot chocolate

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Pen21..Hosting this Get together for all of us,was so generous of you,that we are sending you to "The Bahamas"for the weekend..We will take care of everything..Becke and i are busy,but Debbie is going with you as well...So get packing..You are so welcome The Hot Chocolate is of course "Certified Organic"made in Vermont by a Company called 'Vermont Milkmaid.".later we wil have Cookies by "Vermont Moonlight Cookies"..Both actual companies..Sooo Good..pack your sunscreen,and when Debbie ever gets up to read "The Poachers Son"..she will join you at the Airport..Vtc...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

Good grief, at this rate by the time we start on the book we'll need bigger chairs to curl up in!

Vtcozy wrote..Pen21 certainly can throw a .."Great Cozy "Food was outstanding!! Thanks for driving to pen's house..Debbie was exhausted..Then the Hot Chocolate and Baileys,...You and I are going to BN  near pen's house if that fits into your schedule..Debbie is going with Pen21 to the Bahamas...ttyl...Vtc

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Yes I'm awake, drinking coffee and laughing out loud and hungry for all the good food here at the party.

Oh my gosh, I am so there, wherever you decide to send me Susie and Pen, no need to pack I'm sure there are stores where we're going. And food well pack that too. It's so much fun to sit around the nice fire that Becke provided for us and chat, that is until it's time to leave for warmer climes.

Here in the St. Louis area we are expecting a mess over the weekend, rain, sleet, snow and freezing rain. Why leave any kind of precipitation out of the forecast. but I'll just smile from my beach chair sipping my umbrella topped drink and tell the cabana boy to spread the SPF a little lower please. Now bring on the sun.

And pen, I'm glad I could amuse you with my lusting over the UPS man's legs. But make no mistake he does have fabulous gams.

pen21
0 Kudos

Thank you! I am ready for the Bahamas. Maybe Debbie will find a guy there that looks like her UPS guy. Debbie is right, we can always buy things there. Sounds like she will be avoiding the bad weather, I will just be avoiding the cold. Off we go to the airport.

pen21(Luanne)

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

VtCozy Wrote; Finally..Well it was a late night,and glad you are open to going to a warmer climate with pen21,She has been working so hard,needs a vacation..Lots of "duty Free Shopping"  yea.Becke and I are glad to send the 2 of you..Those Cabana Boys are very accommodating..In the Summer,we will take you up on your offer to send us to "Italy"  Thanks so much....Vtc...
dhaupt wrote:

Yes I'm awake, drinking coffee and laughing out loud and hungry for all the good food here at the party.

Oh my gosh, I am so there, wherever you decide to send me Susie and Pen, no need to pack I'm sure there are stores where we're going. And food well pack that too. It's so much fun to sit around the nice fire that Becke provided for us and chat, that is until it's time to leave for warmer climes.

Here in the St. Louis area we are expecting a mess over the weekend, rain, sleet, snow and freezing rain. Why leave any kind of precipitation out of the forecast. but I'll just smile from my beach chair sipping my umbrella topped drink and tell the cabana boy to spread the SPF a little lower please. Now bring on the sun.

And pen, I'm glad I could amuse you with my lusting over the UPS man's legs. But make no mistake he does have fabulous gams.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Lunch?..ok  will be there..Do you think Becke should post an invitation? I cannot stop laughing..All of our great minds think alike.."Cozy Comfort Food"...Till lunch..Susan..Debbie is up..Reading..Coffee..

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Pizza? For Breakfast?  I love Pizza,can eat it anytime of the Day...You Rock!!! Debbie still sleeping? Becke is up and around..We are going to BN today?  Near your House..Vtc

I'm partial to the Barnes & Noble in West Chester, OH because Linda Keller is a friend of mine. But I also hang out at the B&N at Newport-on-the-Levee in KY and at the Sycamore Plaza store in Cincinnati. And, oddly enough, at the B&N on the University of Chicago campus, which is near my son's apt. 
But it's just as much fun to hang out here, and those virtual calories are a lot easier to get rid of on my treadmill!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Vermontcozy, that hot chocolate you made with/without the Baileys was the perfect drink last night.

hot chocolate

Pen - you've already exhausted my will power for the day with this image!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

pen21 wrote:

hot chocolate

Pen - you've already exhausted my will power for the day with this image!

Yum!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Wild Ride 

Okay, I've got to get this discussion off the topic of food - I'm gaining weight just looking at the pictures! So what are you all reading now? I know you're reading something, because this site is an official branch of Bookaholics Anonymous - we're all addicted to books.

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer's new book, WILD RIDE -- let me tell you, that is an appropriate title if there ever was one. At times, the ride is so wild I'm breathless, and I've been laughing out loud so much my husband thinks I'm nuts. I've decided to buy the audio version of this, because even though this book has a lot of romance in it, it's far from a traditional romance. I think -- scratch that, I KNOW my husband would like this book, but he'll never sit down and read it. I'll bring it on our next road trip. 

How to describe this book? Well, think Stephen King's IT crossed with Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and maybe a little bit of Dr. Who. And don't forget the romance, which these two write like no one else on earth. And who else would bring on evil demon minions (minions! love it!) who possess cute little teddy bears!

I love zany stories, and this one is a doozy -- like the roller coasters at King's Island, it's a real "Wild Ride!"