Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

vtc wrote..I have my Teddy and my jamies on,,a Cute Teddy and a cute Teddie Bear,..Fun..Mt Packed..Olympics are Everything to us In Vt..My fuurry slippers,has anybody seen them...Pink with a Navy Blue Flower/
pen21 wrote:

Sorry I haven't kept up with the food today. I left all to forage for food on their own.

There is Happy Hour on the beach starting at 3pm. Let's all meet there. pen21

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

From food pictures to recipes? I'm doomed!

Bidding Starts at .1  V

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pen, (shhhh, I'm telling everyone that I fell at my daughter's, only you and I and every one else at the Hunka Monka know what really happened  when I grabbed a hunka-hunka and his old lady let me have it and took a chunka-chunka outta me. ;-)  )

Yes everyone I am feeling better since my fall at my daughter's.

And pen, you don't have to go, in fact let's just say the heck with the rest of the world and just stay down here. I'm sure that the management will graciously let us stay rent free for the entertainment value we bring.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I know, he's kind of cute, isn't he? My son has a hippo collection - I think it's growing on me. In more ways than one!

Or not . . .

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I already called the "Star'..Sending Photographers over.They think you two are 'Katy Perry and Lady GaGa..So just play along..Room sevice is Bringing up Bling=Bling Sunglasses,and Wide Brim Hats,and Kimonos.....Just Smile and say nothing....Headlines tomorrow will be good.,i promise....Vtc
dhaupt wrote:

pen, (shhhh, I'm telling everyone that I fell at my daughter's, only you and I and every one else at the Hunka Monka know what really happened  when I grabbed a hunka-hunka and his old lady let me have it and took a chunka-chunka outta me. ;-)  )

And pen, you don't have to go, in fact let's just say the heck with the rest of the world and just stay down here. I'm sure that the management will graciously let us stay rent free for the entertainment value we bring.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:
I already called the "Star'..Sending Photographers over.They think you two are 'Katy Perry and Lady GaGa..So just play along..Room sevice is Bringing up Bling=Bling Sunglasses,and Wide Brim Hats,and Kimonos.....Just Smile and say nothing....Headlines tomorrow will be good.,i promise....Vtc
dhaupt wrote:

Thanks Susie Q, hey when are you getting down here. I need someone to balance my act. And yes I said

a c t 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hippo in a Tutu  I know I saw this once..Vtc  Cute,cute,cute..  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

If any of you like your mysteries scary, you might want to stop in and visit with today's guest author, J.T. Ellison. She's a relatively new author but she's developed quite a following already. These are her books:

All the Pretty Girls

Judas Kiss

The Cold Room

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Deb,Pen  WHAT ARE YOU TWO UP TOO???? I just got a call from the Manager of The Hunka Monka Room,they want to "Book your Act",I said fine,ok,10,000 a week  Agreed !!! What Act???Anyway do a good job 'Girls"  "E' and Ryan and Guiliana will be in the Audience tonight.."What Act????  Becke and I want a cut 50%..Settled..See you Later maybe you are doind a "Reading"..Ah,now I think I get it!!!! What Books..Post them for Hunka Munka Poster...... Your Agents..Susu and Bebe "Bling,Inc" We always take 50%,so Deal with it!!!!   

dhaupt
0 Kudos

50% WHAT, pen what you think GF do our agents deserve 50% especially since it's just the two of us down here doing what comes naturally.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Only if they get down here and join the act.

If you want any percentage, you must get down here and participate.

Becke are you still here, I can't find you.

P.S. I was willing to work for free room. free food and free umbrella drinks.

But I will take the money, too.

pen21

dhaupt wrote:

50% WHAT, pen what you think GF do our agents deserve 50% especially since it's just the two of us down here doing what comes naturally.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Read    or    Leave.....Poetry,A Song or two..Then sneak out the back door...Limo waiting  Airport..'Is This "Girls Gone Wild"...No more Trips for you two..I hope '"People" magazine isn't waiting for you at the Airport..RE:Wear Your Bling Sunglasses"....Celeb Control..You two Look so SWEET,where did I go wrong???..Phone Rang.Guess Who??"The View" be at the studio at 7am...20,000..we still take 50%,why?BECAUSE WE ARE WORTH IT..Bye,Bye...

KathyS
0 Kudos

Yikes!  Even my computer was slow in uploading those pictures!  The little tike is cute, though.

becke_davis wrote:

I know, he's kind of cute, isn't he? My son has a hippo collection - I think it's growing on me. In more ways than one!

Or not . . .

KathyS
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Read    or    Leave.....Poetry,A Song or two..Then sneak out the back door...Limo waiting  Airport..'Is This "Girls Gone Wild"...No more Trips for you two..I hope '"People" magazine isn't waiting for you at the Airport..RE:Wear Your Bling Sunglasses"....Celeb Control..You two Look so SWEET,where did I go wrong???..Phone Rang.Guess Who??"The View" be at the studio at 7am...20,000..we still take 50%,why?BECAUSE WE ARE WORTH IT..Bye,Bye...

Who wrote this?  Stop  Western Union? Stop

KathyS
0 Kudos

I'm getting sunburned!  I think I'll put some clothes on, and head back to the castle to carve an ice sculpture.  Then grab a cup of tea and watch the Olympics in front of a blazing fire. 

Later, maters.  Stay out of trouble, if you can!

QM

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Sorry - I had to run out for awhile. Lots going on while I was away, I see. I whipped up this snow sculpture while I was out:

KathyS
0 Kudos

That's beautiful, Becke, but it really belongs in the Kingdom, on the front lawn with the rest of the sculptures...this is going to melt, here on the beach!  We're having a Winter Festival right now, and ice scupture is part of the celebration.  I know how busy you are, so I'm very glad you could work in a little time to whip this small feat up!  I'll see if I can move it to the right board!  :smileyhappy:  Thanks so much for thinking of us!

becke_davis wrote:

Sorry - I had to run out for awhile. Lots going on while I was away, I see. I whipped up this snow sculpture while I was out:

pen21
0 Kudos

Ok Ok we will meet the limo. We thought we were behaving.

Some people don't know how to have fun.

I don't think they will recognize us. pen21

Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21
0 Kudos

Kathy,

The cabana boys sent an ice sculpture to the kingdom.

Hope it doesn't melt on the way. They worked very hard.

They put this one on the beach. Remember when we all did the cartwheels.

Peppermill
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Does he have the blue Met mascot hippo William in his collection: 

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy