Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room and Party Central

Well you know honey is bee poop and for all the bull poop you're trying to pull with the 35% you should feel right at home, honey. ;-)

The names are fine, they protect the innocent you know.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'll see u all on Monday am.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I googled both Torch and Inferno band images and neither of them look like us. We must go back to the drawing board. We are much more sophisticated than those bands and we look better.

Here are some image ideas. pen21

pen21
0 Kudos

Welcome Back, Becke!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I googled both Torch and Inferno band images and neither of them look like us. We must go back to the drawing board. We are much more sophisticated than those bands and we look better.

Here are some image ideas. pen21

KPP....Betty Boop Bling,   LGDG......Hello Kitty she can sing....Wait till becke see's it..Very Cool...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
pen21
0 Kudos

Another idea. You will know who is who.

pen21
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

And

pen21
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Angel kitty keeps appearing/disappearing.

becke_davis
0 Kudos
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Angel kitty keeps appearing/disappearing.

Hello Kitty is so cute..I still have a 'Hello Kitty" watch that was my daughters,I wear it sometmes..She is "Our Angel"here making sure we are "Happy,and she protects us from 'Evil Kitty",although I have no Idea who he or she is..Just being silly this Am...Susan

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Another idea. You will know who is who.

Pen..As I posted my I love The Kitty Angel,and mentioned"Evil"Kitty,I had not received this post till now..."Now we are all Psychic."....Crystal Ball has Spoken to me Suze,Reader of ....Becke "Help"  We are going off the "Deep end of the Ocean"..Which has nothing to do with "Evil Kitty,but Evil enough for me...Vtc

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Suze Orman: Women and Money  

dhaupt wrote:

Well you know honey is bee poop and for all the bull poop you're trying to pull with the 35% you should feel right at home, honey. ;-)

The names are fine, they protect the innocent you know.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'll see u all on Monday am.

30% "The "Girls" "KPPP" "LDGD",Supply your own "Lipgloss"..And we will take care of the rest,Vt.Honey....Vtc  Susan..consulted with"Suze"...'Becke,buy those Airline Tickets to Italy..Soon  Thank you..

pen21
0 Kudos

Becke, sounds like you are having a fun trip.

I haven't heard of the author. I think it makes a difference when you meet an author and hear them speak about their book. I don't attend many author events. You are so lucky!

As to why the kitty angel/devil pictures were appearing and disappearing, only one picture is here this morning. Maybe it was where the picture was saved at, or kitty got lost in cyber space.

Luanne

pen21
0 Kudos

Susan, Deb and I will discuss negotiations next week. It is a party weekend.

I really liked Deep End of the Ocean. Someone borrowed it to me.

It was very good. Luanne

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

No Time to Wave Goodbye  

pen21 wrote:

It was very good  Luanne

pen21   Testing 123..I think I lined up..I did too,saw the Movie,not bad..and I heard there was a follow up book.Reviews are good..Just might want to read it..have a look..Best...Susan

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

vtcozy wrote.I had no idea Madonna had so many Childrens Books out.Would make a great Gift..or collectible..Vtc

pen21
0 Kudos

It does sound good. I will keep the book in my list. Thanks

Vermontcozy wrote:

No Time to Wave Goodbye  

pen21 wrote:

It was very good  Luanne

pen21   Testing 123..I think I lined up..I did too,saw the Movie,not bad..and I heard there was a follow up book.Reviews are good..Just might want to read it..have a look..Best...Susan

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Homicide in Hardcover (Bibliophile Series #1) 

I've read a couple of her books, too. I'm on the road again today. I'll check in as often as I can. Do you all remember Kate Carlisle, who visited with us about a year ago? I'm reading her second book, and it's another good one:

If Books Could Kill (Bibliophile Series #2)

pen21
0 Kudos

Those look interesting. I need to get some ideas before May for my mystery book club. I will check this author out. We are also thinking of asking Erin Hart to stop by, since she lives in the area to talk about her books. It is hard to find ideas for people with very different tastes in Mysteries. I don't envy you when you are choosing books and authors to bring to the boards.

Luanne

becke_davis wrote:

Homicide in Hardcover (Bibliophile Series #1) 

I've read a couple of her books, too. I'm on the road again today. I'll check in as often as I can. Do you all remember Kate Carlisle, who visited with us about a year ago? I'm reading her second book, and it's another good one:

If Books Could Kill (Bibliophile Series #2)

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

The Cove (FBI Series #1)  

Final Jeopardy (Alexandra Cooper Series #1)  

The Mercedes Coffin (Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus Series #17)   just A few of my favorites..Too bad you couldn't do Truly,madly...You could always do Maggie Sefton,its a series,but can stand alone..Beckes Suggestions are so good as well.Is your Mystery Group mainly women?I have read all of these Authors..What about Alice Hoffman,thats another one I posted, a Mystery..very good..Thats my taste..It must be hard for a group..I agree..How does Becke do it..but she has been doing this for so long..she just knows....Vtc  Susan

pen21
0 Kudos

Thank you. I labor over which book to recommend. There are males and females. Some like romance mystery, some hate it. Some like hard boiled detective, others don't at all. So I start with a long list and then add more, scratch off, right til the last minute. We don't have to recommend, but it is fun when all contribute, we get a nice mix of types of mysteries.

Vermontcozy wrote:

The Cove (FBI Series #1)  

Final Jeopardy (Alexandra Cooper Series #1)  

The Mercedes Coffin (Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus Series #17)   just A few of my favorites..Too bad you couldn't do Truly,madly...You could always do Maggie Sefton,its a series,but can stand alone..Beckes Suggestions are so good as well.Is your Mystery Group mainly women?I have read all of these Authors..What about Alice Hoffman,thats another one I posted, a Mystery..very good..Thats my taste..It must be hard for a group..I agree..How does Becke do it..but she has been doing this for so long..she just knows....Vtc  Susan