Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

Becke,

Thank you for all the fun today and all the other days.

I came home with the worst headache, you made me laugh and forget all about my head.

Luanne

P.S.

The wedding clip is one of my favorites. The wedding in the clip occurred in my area. So it was all over the news. It is so fun.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

I'm so glad you had fun today - I know what you mean, I've had a headache, too. I think it's the shock of warm weather and sunlight -- my eyes aren't accustomed to blue skies and sunshine!!

That wedding is so cool! I had a small wedding -- we didn't have anything as creative as the dance, but we made our own music, recording our favorites onto an 8-track. Our recessional was the Beatles' "All You Need is Love" and our processional included this theme from Jane Eyre:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

We also included this theme in our wedding:
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm a little brain dead. Can you all come up with some interesting questions for our visiting author? I can't think of anything he hasn't been asked a million times.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

So Minnasotians really do Have More Fun..?Thanks all for a Cool April Fool's day..Suze ,here only

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Becke, I'm still laughing too.

Luanne, hope your head is better today.

The wedding video is my all time favorite, I even saw it on the Today show when they had them on.

Thanks to all my very favorite people for making March such a fabulous month. And here's to April. Here Here!!!

And Suze, intervention, me              NEVER        :smileywink:

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

:smileywink:HAPPY EASTER TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY..I wish Everyone Sunshine ..Thanks to all who are here on Party Central,for making us all feel that "Angels of Goodness" really do exist....And what fun we have.!!..Becke,we invaded your space and we won't leave.,ever...Thanks for all you do...Susan...Vtc...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

There's an article about the wedding video here, as well as a video of the joking "divorce dance."

pen21
0 Kudos

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

Have a great weekend to everyone!

Eat a lot of candy this weekend.

Luanne

pen21
0 Kudos

Thanks Debbie, I am feeling much better today.

All the fun on here helps.

i started reading Flawless again last night. It is a true diamond heist story. Very good, very detailed.

I have been reading it in sections.

Flawless

becke_davis

I bought that book as a gift after you all recommended it. One of these days I want to read it, too. I'm glad to hear it's not another headache day. Saw this on Facebook - I'm an Alfred Hitchcock fan, so I loved it. (The movie still gives me the creeps, though.)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Over at Michael Palmer's thread we're talking about author's who have sons, daughters, cousins, etc. that also write. (Michael's son has a mystery coming out before long.) Stop by and help us add to the list!

pen21
0 Kudos

I love the movie The Birds. The youTube with The Peeps is hilarious. I have never seen it before. It did make me hungry for candy.

pen21
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

pen21
0 Kudos

I was awakened early with one of my smoke detectors beeping low battery this morning.

So Up a little early for Saturday. Got the batteries changed in almost all the smoke detectors. Will need a few more batteries to finish. I am glad it warns me, I am forgetful about that. 2 fires in my area yesterday, so the smoke detectors are important. Check your batteries.

Also I just spent the gift card I won on Becke's site. I debated a lot on what to buy with it. Then what an easy decision, I ordered Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks. I ordered this in hardcover. I debate now hardcover or nook. But I figured I have a  pretty good collection of Christie, so a hardcover seemed right.

Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Pen21...What?..So Cute...The "Birds",imagine that was so scarey,now its a Classic.Hitchcock,knew how to do it,and so many Filmmakers know he was the "Master" of suspense.Kitty kat saw your post and meowed,..Vtc Suze here

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I'm reading Agatha Christie's Secret Notebook and it's good. You will like it if you are an Agatha Christie fan.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I was awakened early with one of my smoke detectors beeping low battery this morning.

So Up a little early for Saturday. Got the batteries changed in almost all the smoke detectors. Will need a few more batteries to finish. I am glad it warns me, I am forgetful about that. 2 fires in my area yesterday, so the smoke detectors are important. Check your batteries.

Also I just spent the gift card I won on Becke's site. I debated a lot on what to buy with it. Then what an easy decision, I ordered Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks. I ordered this in hardcover. I debate now hardcover or nook. But I figured I have a  pretty good collection of Christie, so a hardcover seemed right.

Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks

What a cute kitty!

Good thought - I'll check my smoke detector batteries today. I also have a carbon monoxide detector but that plugs in and recharges itself. I like it because it also recharges a light that goes on if there's a power cut.

I'm glad so many of you are reading the Agatha Christie notebooks. I'll be featuring that and other related books when we celebrate her birthday in the month of September.

becke_davis
0 Kudos