Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

See you Monday, Debbie - we'll miss you over the weekend!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

The pink cake is deliscious and so are the pasries with pink frosting. We must do this again maybe in another color? I suggest lavender, does everyone like that color?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, that's an impressive number of pink books you have there. I've read some of them but there are some I haven't read and will have to check them out.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Latest news on the library system and the budget for next year here in Charlotte is grim. There are 3 scenarios that could happen. One is to close all community branches and leave the regional libraries open. Or, reduce the number of days if all libraries stay open to 2-3 days a week. I forget the third at the moment but it was just as bad. There will be layoffs for sure. And the city schools will be challenged even more. Layoff of 600 jobs and no junior sports activities. Possibility in the future, schools closing. What a bummer! And I don't know how we got into this mess!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Ladies in Lavender  Lavendar is so pretty,maxcat..especially with Green and  for everyones enjoyment a favorite Movie of Mine.I watch it every so often and Love The Cast...can never go wrong with Judy Dench and Maggie Smith...Must watch it with a Cup of Tea and Shortbread cookies...Here we go again..Suze..  ^_^

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Ladies in Lavender  Lavendar is so pretty,maxcat..especially with Green and  for everyones enjoyment a favorite Movie of Mine.I watch it every so often and Love The Cast...can never go wrong with Judy Dench and Maggie Smith...Must watch it with a Cup of Tea and Shortbread cookies...Here we go again..Suze..  ^_^

Talk about a too sad to redo movie. Watched it once and never plan to again. SAD movie. I'm glad you enjoy it though, don't let me stop you.

It's spring, let's laugh instead.

Keeping Mum

Saving Grace  

Calendar Girls

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Latest news on the library system and the budget for next year here in Charlotte is grim. There are 3 scenarios that could happen. One is to close all community branches and leave the regional libraries open. Or, reduce the number of days if all libraries stay open to 2-3 days a week. I forget the third at the moment but it was just as bad. There will be layoffs for sure. And the city schools will be challenged even more. Layoff of 600 jobs and no junior sports activities. Possibility in the future, schools closing. What a bummer! And I don't know how we got into this mess!

Charlotte where?

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Wall  

Funhouse Tour: Live in Australia  I love "Calendar Girls,"And "Ladies in Lavendar.."but must check out "Keeping Mum"T.Bear and "Saving Grace"//Calendar Girls" was a present from my friend for My Bday 2 yrs ago...Because I think it was a Great Idea..Yes,girls..See you all at The Pink Perky Girls Cafe"...Bought by LadebGa and Sister KPPP'''Just Listen for the Music and you will find the Cafe..Suze

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Lavender It makes me so sad that libraries are struggling. My family couldn't afford a lot of books when I was young so I practically lived at the library. I have a lot of friends who are librarians, and it makes me crazy that so many librarians are out of work now.

On a happier note, I think the Pink Party was a blast. I'm all for Lavender, maybe Lilac, too.

Alec Guinness Collection 

(The Lavender Hill Mob is in this collection.)

Lavender

becke_davis
0 Kudos

There is quite a variety of books with "lavender" in the title! I love this - my mom used to sing it when we were kids:

Lavender's Blue (Dilly Dilly)

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender's green
When you are King, dilly dilly,
I shall be Queen

Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so

Call up your friends, dilly, dilly
Set them to work
Some to the plough, dilly dilly,
Some to the fork

Some to the hay, dilly dilly,
Some to thresh corn
Whilst you and I, dilly dilly,
Keep ourselves warm

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender's green
When you are King, dilly dilly,
I shall be Queen

Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I was in the pink because my husband surprised me with a very special gift for our 40th un-anniversary. It was very unlike him - I'm in Jenny Crusie's Cherries and he said he saw this and thought of me. This is a guy who normally doesn't buy anniversary gifts (but he is GREAT with cards). Anyway, I'll show you my cool bag - I'll be carrying it a lot, whether it matches anything or not.

new hair and purse 2.jpg
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I don't know who Lisa is, but I like her cake!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Eat Your Yard  I Thought this was the only one that wasn't posted Miss B...,because every other one was..When I stop laughing lol..So Fun  "Laid in Lavender" too bad LagaGa,Kppp are  not around  we could have fun with that one  ..On serious note...Suze  ^; ^

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Love Your "Juicy Couture Bag"..I love Juicy Couture" Looks Great..Nice haircut..Suze

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I can't do hair at all. Mine only looks decent when I've just had it trimmed (as it was here). I got a kick out of it that my husband thought I was a "pink" sort of person - I thought I was a bit too old for it, but what the heck. And I'm sooo not a designer-type person, which is another reason I was really surprised!

Had a nice day today at an Earth Day festival and a visit to a farmer's market. Spring is definitely here!

Features exhibitors with hands-on displays representing environmental groups, government agencies and businesses. Rock-climbing wall, kayak paddle safety pool, ORSANCO's aquarium, baby animals from Farmer Frank's Sunrock Farms, Mother Earth and story telling, environmental puppet show, children’s fashion show with creations made with recycled material and more. Music by the Turkeys, Wild Carrot, the Blue Grass All-stars and others.

Presented by Greater Cincinnati Earth CoalitionA downtown Cincinnati park, Sawyer Point is a great place for recreation and relaxation: taking in river views, swimming, sunbathing and picnics. A public pool, three sand volleyball courts, tennis courts and a playground are on site, too. The large lawn in front of P&G Pavilion offers yards and yards of green grass and sunshine.

pen21
0 Kudos

Becke,

Sounds like you have had a fun day.

I love the purse, it looks fun.

Daughter home this weekend, off to watch The Wild Things.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

My daughter saw the dragon film this week and LOVED it. We might go see it tomorrow.

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Becke, thanks for posting the words to that lullabye. I used to sing it to my grandkids but I only knew the first two verses!

You guys are making me so hungry with all these food posts. I am just going to have to go and get myself a nice snack. I am growing since I started to read this thread. If a food doesn't walk off the table, I seem to like it! What I mean by that is I am not a fan of sushi! However, I might consider it if it was made of chocolate!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good idea - I wonder if I can find us any lavender or pink chocolates . . .

See full size image