Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

pen21 wrote:

Great idea Tiggerbear! A new signature drink.

Yummmyyy!!!

TiggerBear wrote:

Oooo watermellon margaritas, we have to have those. They rock!

I must live on another Planet,and Vt. does have that reputation..but What is this Symbol for?"No" No What..Thanks  Suze..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

Good morning to all,

I hope everyone is feeling great today. Sounds like some may be under the weather.

I love doing jigsaw puzzles. It's a winter past time for me. I tried a mystery one once. I got it wrong. Hung an innocent man! Oh well! :smileyhappy:

Dishwasher install turning into nightmare. Will try to settle it today. The novelty of eating off of paper plates is long past!

Then it's back to writing! Have a great day!

Jim

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Well when I looked at the post last night and then early this morning it was a watermelon margarita drink. We must have drank too many margaritas last night.

I think it means they cut us off. It was such a cute picture too.

Or maybe the censors didn't like it.

Becke thanks for finding some good pictures for us.

Luanne

Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Yummmyyy!!!

TiggerBear wrote:

I must live on another Planet,and Vt. does have that reputation..but What is this Symbol for?"No" No What..Thanks  Suze..

pen21
0 Kudos

Bagel guy came, also brought coffee.

The bagel guy will get us off to a good start this morning.

Luanne

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo wrote:

Good morning to all,

I hope everyone is feeling great today. Sounds like some may be under the weather.

I love doing jigsaw puzzles. It's a winter past time for me. I tried a mystery one once. I got it wrong. Hung an innocent man! Oh well! :smileyhappy:

Dishwasher install turning into nightmare. Will try to settle it today. The novelty of eating off of paper plates is long past!

Then it's back to writing! Have a great day!

Jim

Have a Bagel and coffee Jim,pen called The Bagel Guy  and he came running...Have a Good one..  Puzzles..Love them..Must finish mine..Suze

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Well when I looked at the post last night and then early this morning it was a watermelon margarita drink. We must have drank too many margaritas last night.

I think it means they cut us off. It was such a cute picture too.

Or maybe the censors didn't like it.

Becke thanks for finding some good pictures for us.

Luanne

Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Yummmyyy!!!

TiggerBear wrote:

:smileywink:Oh..ok Cut off..Were we that bad?...Well we know who started all the trouble  ;  )And it wasn't maxcat..She is Good... I asked Kayla to join "Your Band" She Has Talent A good day to All  Suze

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Bagel guy came, also brought coffee.

The bagel guy will get us off to a good start this morning.

Luanne

He does have the Best Bagels and Cream Cheese Spreads..Thanks for calling him..He likes you..Suze...

pen21

I like any guy who cooks and/or brings me food.

Everyone enjoy some coffee or tea this morning in our yellow sunshine mugs.

Today I am having coffee with chocolate cream, indulging the calories today.

I will be missing Earl Grey, maybe later in the day.

dhaupt

Good morning sunshines.

Ah yes I feel better today, it must have been Luanne's margaritas and all the med I popped too.

Luanne, does Earl Grey look good in his elegant dress ;-)

Jim I'm sorry that you're having a dishwasher nightmare, sounds like it's time to call in the dishwasher doctor.

Suze, we can always use new blood in the band

thanks for the coffee and bagels I like mine with Lox.

Have a great day everyone.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

pen21 wrote:

I like any guy who cooks and/or brings me food.

Everyone enjoy some coffee or tea this morning in our yellow sunshine mugs.

Today I am having coffee with chocolate cream, indulging the calories today.

I will be missing Earl Grey, maybe later in the day.

I find that very sexy..And Norishing..."Men who Cook"..we have an "Event Here"..Gets very crowded year after year...Food is "Wonderful" Must Have That  Coffee w/Chocolate Cream  too yummy...     And the Visual is so cool Luanne...Suze

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Good morning sunshines.

Ah yes I feel better today, it must have been Luanne's margaritas and all the med I popped too.

Jim I'm sorry that you're having a dishwasher nightmare, sounds like it's time to call in the dishwasher doctor.

Debga   Lox ? Nova Scotia?..I love it..It was a staple in my house growing up .On Sundays..It was part of my Upbringing along with herring,pickled or cream sauce, and other stuff..Now I want Lox...I found one place in town here,that makes a Lox Spread.with lots of Lox. Less Cream cheese.,which is fine by me..'Memories" la,la...Suze

pen21
0 Kudos

So glad you are better Deb. My allergies have been horrible this year.

It is nice to have a support group here.

Kayla welcome to the band. Maybe you have some costume ideas or a theme for us.

Deb, Earl Grey, I was thinking of the tea. Had no idea he wore dresses. Must look for a picture of him.  That was not the image I had as I drank earl grey tea. Hmmm....

Jim, one cannot live without a dishwasher. Wonderful inventions.Hope yours is fixed soon.

Luanne

dhaupt wrote:

Good morning sunshines.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I'm not good at Sudoku, but I can do word searches and crossword puzzles. Ghost Sudoku sounds like a good mystery....I might have to look into that one. So sorry Tiggerbear is under the weather. Today, I'm feeling good and trying to stay inside as its a medium ozone day here, which means people with my problems stay indoors. I'll take a drink or anything with an umbrella.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I'll take a watermelon Margarita, just leave the salt off the glass please.

Hey, tomorrow's Friday. What color are we wearing? My suggestion is apple green.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Jim sorry to hear your dishwasher needs repair. We are old fashion in my house and the cook,maid and housekeeper, namely me, washes the dishes.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I just had a mocha coffee, but I will take one of those bagels with strawberry cream cheese.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I agree with pen on the allergy situation....It's been bad this year and they say it has to do with the extreme cold weather this winter. We had our yellow pollen stage that lasted for a week and a half. Now, it's other pollens that factor into one sneezing and having headaches.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm having a frustrating day so far. Time for coffee and donuts!

pen21
0 Kudos

I am trying to endure the bad allergy year, just like you are maxcat.

I hate to stay inside, but it does help. So many people are bothered this year with allergies.

So we are not alone. Haven't seen Tiggerbear yet, hope she is doing well.

Deb checked in. Suze and Jim doing OK. Becke should be by with some fun beverages.

Haven't heard from Kayla. I think I got most everyone. Our group is growing.

Allergies won't hold us back.

Luanne

maxcat wrote:

I agree with pen on the allergy situation....It's been bad this year and they say it has to do with the extreme cold weather this winter. We had our yellow pollen stage that lasted for a week and a half. Now, it's other pollens that factor into one sneezing and having headaches.

pen21
0 Kudos

Becke, I will have the pink one with sprinkles and a coffee.

Thanks