Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

Thought I'd post a link to my daughter's blog since she's talking about books today:

http://www.bloglovin.com/m/1242762/103303494/fb/0/aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRm5vdGplc3NpZS5ibG9nc3BvdC5jb20lMk...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

Next month, we will have several guest authors joining us. 

*The week of JULY 5, our featured author will be LIBBY FISCHER HELLMANN.

*The week of JULY 12, our featured author will be JENNIFER MCMAHON.

*The week of JULY 19, our featured author will be SOPHIE LITTLEFIELD.

I haven't made the official announcement for July yet because the last week is not confirmed.

Stay tuned!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

B/Cute Shoes  So Glad Jennifer will be here and must check out Jessies blog..I hope Jessie joins us on the 12th...Must go to  "Not Jessie "blog and Thank her for her."great detailed product advice".Can you post not Jessie? link.as well.."And BTW  'The Potions" you linked me to, Very Cool..:  )..Suze Dancing..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

pen21, Callie is really getting spoiled. She may never want to come home. Hopefully she will remember me as her mom.

I am going to get her some presents at Petco today.

Happy birthday, Callie. Mom loves you.

Thanks for taking care of her so well.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

maxcat, I am going to enjoy my trip. It will be fun just to be with friends and away from Somerset for a day. I am going to get Callie presents from Petco.

She is gettting so spoiled. I hope she doesn't forget her mom.

Happy Birtday,Callie. Mom loves you.

She will love the massage.

I miss not being on the island. I am coming tomorrow after my doctor's appt.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes

TiggerBear wrote:

pen21 wrote:

maxcat wrote:

I agree with Luanne. We need to sit down with Debbie and see if she really wants to marry the sheriff. And suppose he is still married to his last wife. Has Debbie checked on that? We know he has a dog but does he like cats? Debbie needs to make a decision about this whole sheriff thing. Let's meet like Luanne said at lunch tomorrow.

Well if Debbie is still thinking of getting married.....

I could sing "Oops, I did it Again" by Britney Spears.

That would even apply to the Sheriff.

What do you think Debbie?

Luanne

(snort)

I agree we must make sure he is not still married,and who are the kids he has?Lets hire a Detective..And I think we must take all "weapons"away from DebGa"even though she has a permit'I will sneak into her house with maxcat,,pen you can keep her busy at The Cafe.and TBear can be our lookout...Coffee and Chat at The Cafe say 9:30est?  I will wear camouflage pants and Blk tee shirt..No alarms on her House..She never called the Alarm co..We are good...Good song though...Never a Dull Moment!!!  another snort...Suze...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

pen21, Callie is really getting spoiled. She may never want to come home. Hopefully she will remember me as her mom.

I am going to get her some presents at Petco today.

Happy birthday, Callie. Mom loves you.

Thanks for taking care of her so well.

ReadingPatti

Patti..massage  tables are arrivng on The Mimosa Ferry" this Am..Callie is our First Client..have a Great time..maxcat is bring Callie over After Breakfast at The Cafe..Best Suze..

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Suze has volunteered to run our new "Island Pet Resort and Spa".

We need to check the zoning. But it looked good for building.

Suze has several spots to choose from for her business.

This will be a great place for our pets when we are off island.

But also a great daycare and of course a spa for our pampered pets.

And of course a pool for our pets to play in this summer.

I am sure Suze will have lots of great ideas.

Luanne

Does he know that makes him look like a seal?:smileytongue:

Thats Deputy Dougs Doggie.Clem..Hes so Good,and always wants to hang out with us on the Island..He Tracks scents too..You and maxcat might want to bring him exploring..Then back to The Spa' he loves being pampered...I must tell pen that I found a Location.Right now I am using The B&B..Rm#2  Just for  "Dog and Cat.". Massages...Seems like many guests are already booking them for Their Pets"..i never thought we would be so Busy..maxcat..Your "Doogie"capes are all sold out...Suze...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

pen21 wrote:

Suze,

Money is no object for you new business. I have reserved rooms for Milo and his associate. They have the whole top floor of the B&B, with rooms for the chins and lab. It sounds like you are full of ideas. I have one suggestion for your Spa Line Doggie Skin Care. There must be a line for cats too. Also I can crochet blankets for cats and dogs for their favorite beds or sleeping areas.

Keep in mind to make the spas large enough. As you can see by this picture, it can get crowded. Luanne

Doggie DAy Spa

Just My NoteBook..Milo was amazed how quickly you responded to his email..The Whole Top Floor of The Mimosa B&B,,he is so looking forward to coming too The Island..I know we have a Few Building sites Commercial,left..I would like to be kind of near The Mimosa Ferry..so Our Guests can stroll into The Mimosa Pet..DaySpa..Pet Sitting and Boutique..Meeting with a Chemist to have The Dog and Cat line of Skin Care formulated..His name is Tom Abbott..his family owns A Pharmaceutical Co..But he is The Blk Sheep" of the family..Only Organic Formulas..No Harsh Chemicals....He went to The University in Sweden,with MonacoBoy and met his GF Monica Tom and Monica plan to get married..Between us Luanne..He also came looking for "HIS BIRTH FATHER".He believes HIS DAD is in LAW ENFORCEMENT..any Ideas Islanders???.... ..He Built a House.Already...Please crochet The Blankets that would help.me..  ,I have a few.(20) Brand New Pet Beds..That I found on Sale at"Orvis.com ..So when Milo arrives we will go over Plans,drawings for The Spa".....Later Suze Luanne  You are so generous...I need lots of help...

dhaupt

First of all Jim Colombo are you okay I heard about the terrible weather your way.

Okay now I think that having to go to marriage counseling before the marriage is kind of a no brainer. So now the auditorium is open for another venue and Luanne and I will go back on the road, my broken heart will need to heal for awhile though before I take on any romance.

Hmmm, Jim are you married? ;-)

Author
Jimcolombo

Good morning to all,

well I survived a rather impressive line of severe thunderstorms that raced through my area last night. Lots of lightning, which was beautiful in it's fury.

I live in Joliet, Illinois just a bit south of Chicago.

Toady I am playing golf in a charity outing, and I am a bit behind schedule. so I will cut this a bit short...

Deb - I'm single- hence the request for a "Crawfordesque" type of keeper. I do like to make my novels as accurate as possible- so research for the love scenes will be the key!!! :smileyhappy:

Everyone please have a safe and fun day!

Jim

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

maxcat wrote:

I agree with Luanne. We need to sit down with Debbie and see if she really wants to marry the sheriff. And suppose he is still married to his last wife. Has Debbie checked on that? We know he has a dog but does he like cats? Debbie needs to make a decision about this whole sheriff thing. Let's meet like Luanne said at lunch tomorrow.

Hi ..Luanne you can keep her busy while maxcat and I search her House for you know..and remove them and bury them..Lets get to The Bottom of this since New Chemist  Dr.Abbott..Is LOOKING for HIS Birth Father..I have never met him in person,but I will have him meet all of us at The Cafe..and if he looks like (The Sheriff) then we found one of his children...I think We should send Debbie away to an Off Island, Island  Say The Outer Banks for a few Days...U think Guys?..TBear and maxcat can find her a Nice place to Chill..till Monday...By then she will probably be Engaged again to a New Guy...She Moves on.We think......Suze

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

B/Cute Shoes  So Glad Jennifer will be here and must check out Jessies blog..I hope Jessie joins us on the 12th...Must go to  "Not Jessie "blog and Thank her for her."great detailed product advice".Can you post not Jessie? link.as well.."And BTW  'The Potions" you linked me to, Very Cool..:  )..Suze Dancing..

I'm hoping Jessica will join us when Jennifer McMahon visits, too. I'll give her a nudge!

Did I post the link wrong? Here it is: http://notjessie.blogspot.com/

I love her background so I went there and updated mine, too, Pretty!!

http://the-garden-muse.blogspot.com/

I need to write a new blog here: 

http://familytreethyme.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

No, Tiggerbear... twj is talking about a dog her son found on an island. The dogs there eat what the villagers don't want and it is a cake made in a pot(you have that part right). So, the dogs are called potcake dogs.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Hi ..Luanne you can keep her busy while maxcat and I search her House for you know..and remove them and bury them..Lets get to The Bottom of this since New Chemist  Dr.Abbott..Is LOOKING for HIS Birth Father..I have never met him in person,but I will have him meet all of us at The Cafe..and if he looks like (The Sheriff) then we found one of his children...I think We should send Debbie away to an Off Island, Island  Say The Outer Banks for a few Days...U think Guys?..TBear and maxcat can find her a Nice place to Chill..till Monday...By then she will probably be Engaged again to a New Guy...She Moves on.We think......Suze

Great idea Suze! Debbie will leave right after the cocktail meeting at the cafe. The Outer Banks is perfect. I will meet up with her for Friday night for a gig there. It is all set. I reserved a suite of rooms so anyone who wants can come. Here are the cocktails everyone(Suze's FAMOUS Signature Cocktails). So stop by and give Deb your opinion. Is this like an Intervention?

Luanne

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo wrote:

Good morning to all,

well I survived a rather impressive line of severe thunderstorms that raced through my area last night. Lots of lightning, which was beautiful in it's fury.

I live in Joliet, Illinois just a bit south of Chicago.

Toady I am playing golf in a charity outing, and I am a bit behind schedule. so I will cut this a bit short...

Deb - I'm single- hence the request for a "Crawfordesque" type of keeper. I do like to make my novels as accurate as possible- so research for the love scenes will be the key!!! :smileyhappy:

Everyone please have a safe and fun day!

Jim

Jim - I was looking at the weather maps and it looked as if your area was getting hit pretty hard, too. Nasty night up there, and I'm sure it's going to hit Cincinnati later today.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Tiggerbear, now I understand your philosophy about girl cats. That's what I'm going to do when Max passes. I will look for a female kitten.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis

Ice Cream Social on Mimosa Island!

[ Edited ]

That gives me an idea - why don't we have an Ice Cream Social?

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Becke, Thank you!

I will have 2 scoops of everything.

Luanne

becke_davis wrote: