Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

We hit 99 here in Charlotte,not a record. The record was 100. I feel for you guys up in the Northeast and MidAtlantic. I grew up in Phila. and we had days in the 100's and I grew up with no air conditioner and the only relief we had was our neighbor's big fan. Boy, it was beautiful to sit there and feel the air. It was sort of cooling and our house was cool as we had awnings. So, it's tough up there.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

No eye strain at all, Suze. I guess I have gotten used to it as 60 watts is too bright for me.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Yea, Becke is the book fairy. She has something going on this month too. Check out the Got Books? thread here on mystery.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

That's fine Tiggerbear, I'm going to pop out and feed the cats and jump back in in a few minutes.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Naa! I can see and read fine on a 30 watt bulb. When are we caving?

8:30 if that ok with you.

Did I hear 8:30 ? See you wherever you set up..,,Suze

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Naa! I can see and read fine on a 30 watt bulb. When are we caving?

8:30 if that ok with you.

Did I hear 8:30 ? See you wherever you set up..,,Suze

We can ride together Suze. Wherever they set up, we will be there.

I wonder if they found a treasure of some sort?

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Yep, 8:30PM. And food to eat too. I think I'll put on my wetsuit just in case. Have the emrgency squad stand by. We've got caving to do!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

I was concerned about running low on books, but that's not going to happen. In the last few days, I've received 18 mysteries from publicists. I can't share them until the books are released, and I'll read some of them first (very carefully), but I'll add these to the Got Books? pot in upcoming months.

And with a little flick of her wand!

LOLOLOL!!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Ok, got the wetsuit on and we're setting up by the caves. Tiggerbear knows where this little cave is.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Yea, Becke is the book fairy. She has something going on this month too. Check out the Got Books? thread here on mystery.

It's my pleasure!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hey, Patti. Are you there? come join the fun and see us try to find something.

becke_davis

I have a weird kid. My daughter has tonsillitis and she just emailed me a close-up picture of her throat. I sooo did not need to see that!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, you gotta love these "events" you put on. They're great and you get to clean out your library.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, you gotta love these "events" you put on. They're great and you get to clean out your library.

That's what I tell my husband when he raises his eyebrows at the boxes of books all over the house.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Yep, 8:30PM. And food to eat too. I think I'll put on my wetsuit just in case. Have the emrgency squad stand by. We've got caving to do!

Nnn too hot for a wet suit. I'm sporting a swim suit and cut offs. We're ready to go. Got my staff from the store there to help refesh the buffet. Food already good to go. Everyone feel free to dig in and park yourself in a attarondack chair in front of the screen. Maxcat when ever your're ready we'll flip on the camera and I'll start to lower it. I put a mat on the ground for belly protection and a little traction. This should be fun.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Let me change, Tigger. I have my swimsuit on underneath. OK, let's go.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Ok, got the wetsuit on and we're setting up by the caves. Tiggerbear knows where this little cave is.

You guy can't miss it there's a 20' display screen, a 10' long buffet table, and 40 of the fancy Atterondock deck chairs, not to mention a ems bus, and the markets bright green and blue trucks. Just keep away from the hole with the lights surrounding it.

(taps head) Bright idea. I just sent the gps coordinates to the direction finders I put in everyone's vehicles. Just follow your tomtoms.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Go for it, Tigger. I'll hold your legs down.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I have a weird kid. My daughter has tonsillitis and she just emailed me a close-up picture of her throat. I sooo did not need to see that!

eww yuck :smileymad:

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Go for it, Tigger. I'll hold your legs down.

Right, so here we go. Can everyone see?