Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

I'll bring Sheba but Max is not a party animal. He will hide under something, anything to avoid being seen.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Thank you, Becke. At least we know Jim got his emails from us and appreciates them. He's a trooper!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Callie's Party Animal Friends

becke_davis, Callie is with her friends. I think she is having the same fun as her friends.

She is enjoying herself on the island.

I think she is having a sleepover herself.

I am sure that she will have a lot of fun with her friends.

I am so ready for the sleepover.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, I am glad that Jim found out what was going on. I have him in my prayers. I have been praying for him since I heard he was sick.

I will keep praying.

Thanks for letting us know.

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Callie better get here soon - her friends are going wild!

Where did the cats put my dogs???

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Sun-screen and lip gloss or chapstick for me. I break out too easily. It has to be REALLY special for me to put on eyeliner. Now nail polish that's another story.

For nail polish my new favorite is MAC Nightfall. It is a great color and has a great brush to apply the nail polish. I do keep my toes polished.

Well let's see what did I buy last week, Sally Hansen- Emerald City. Clear undergo, 3 layers of EC covered with one of dayglow clear on top; that what on my nails right now.:smileysurprised:

TiggerBear

pen21 wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Luanne, think of something good but not too sweet. We do want to sleep some.

OK, TiggerBear I need some help here. Good, but not too sweet.

Got any good ideas for us?

Melon with Prosciutto, roasted fresh coconut chunks, roasted apples with brown sugar and melted cheddar, lavender rosemary ice cream.... I could go on here......

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

TiggerBear wrote:

pen21 wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Melon with Prosciutto, roasted fresh coconut chunks, roasted apples with brown sugar and melted cheddar, lavender rosemary ice cream.... I could go on here......

.It all sounds Yummy..Surprise us TBear..I'll clear a shelf out in my fridge.and the freezer has plenty of room for the ice cream,hint,hint  Suze

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

TiggerBear wrote:

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Sun-screen and lip gloss or chapstick for me. I break out too easily. It has to be REALLY special for me to put on eyeliner. Now nail polish that's another story.

For nail polish my new favorite is MAC Nightfall. It is a great color and has a great brush to apply the nail polish. I do keep my toes polished.

Well let's see what did I buy last week, Sally Hansen- Emerald City. Clear undergo, 3 layers of EC covered with one of dayglow clear on top; that what on my nails right now.:smileysurprised:

'Nightfall" Love ,love the name,must ck out color,....I have a mac nail polish on my fingers "Silkwing".an older shade...My toes are wearing..the same..but need a new shade..I picked up "Brewing Curfew"L'oreal last week..Very deep Vampire Like,for my Toes..Emerald City..Will have a look and stock some "Greens"  for TBear''But next week she will want "Blues"...Will have any color we want!!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

pen21 wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

In my Bedroom..Hiding!!!.Under the bed...but Emi wanted to play,so I held her..untill they all calmed down.:smileysurprised:  A catnip Potion for sure from,B...Suze

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Thank you, Becke. At least we know Jim got his emails from us and appreciates them. He's a trooper!

maxcat..Glad Jim knows how much we care..Its not the same..He always pops in and says Hi.and We will always,always have Biscottis..He likes them with his coffee and dunking them in his glass of wine,,he posted that a few weeks ago..Suze

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

becke_davis, Callie is with her friends. I think she is having the same fun as her friends.

She is enjoying herself on the island.

I think she is having a sleepover herself.

I am sure that she will have a lot of fun with her friends.

I am so ready for the sleepover.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

Patti..I know ,I am ready.too.We haven't had a Sleepover since you had yours.and The Paparazzi were all over..We must be famous,but can't remember why.!!!.Who knows what will happen tomorrow night..We always have fun...Don't forget your sweater..and maxcat too...Suze

pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

In my Bedroom..Hiding!!!.Under the bed...but Emi wanted to play,so I held her..untill they all calmed down.:smileysurprised:  A catnip Potion for sure from,B...Suze

Thanks for finding them and getting them settled. I am surprised the dogs didn't get into that catnip potion. Good thing they didn't.

pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

'Nightfall" Love ,love the name,must ck out color,....I have a mac nail polish on my fingers "Silkwing".an older shade...My toes are wearing..the same..but need a new shade..I picked up "Brewing Curfew"L'oreal last week..Very deep Vampire Like,for my Toes..Emerald City..Will have a look and stock some "Greens"  for TBear''But next week she will want "Blues"...Will have any color we want!!

Sounds like there will be some fun colors. We will have to do a mani-pedi party. I have to look up Emerald City.

pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

pen21 wrote:

maxcat wrote:

.It all sounds Yummy..Surprise us TBear..I'll clear a shelf out in my fridge.and the freezer has plenty of room for the ice cream,hint,hint  Suze

I love these ideas. Sounds like all I will be doing is eating.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

:womanhappy:Good Morning  I had to tell you all that I named the shop.."Very Snazzy"..pen had said that in one of her posts,and it stuck..Grand Opening..Not Sure,but will let everyone know..Excited..And Will Stock those MAC Lipglosses for all to try..pen knows her MAC..I just saw Patti go into the Cafe...So I will join her,and chat..Later..Suze...Going off Island today for a while..Getting our "Spa Headbands for our Facials..Anyone need anything,leave me a List..Still in my OMG..moment

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

This is for Eadie, who's been busy reading lately:

Yes, that certainly looks like me this week. I am currently reading

The Accidental Bestseller  

This was suggested by someone on The Writing Circle Board and it is really good! I am really enjoying it! Check it out and put it in your TBR pile. You won't be disappointed!

I haveon order

Island of Lost Girls 

and I am getting ready to read:

The Passage  

and

Drawing in the Dust

I am also working on a writing project. I live in a small town with a lot of political contention. I am writing an expose about the happenings in my town changing the names and making light of the situations and it is pretty funny. My friends are enjoying it since we all know who the characters represent and it helps to laugh at the different situations.

I am by no means proclaiming to be a writer but it's good practice!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy, Hi, Suze, We have had the one on the beach, but not at someone's house. I am so ready for tomorrow. I will bring the sweater. Who is bringing the popcorn?

We are having a great time with the Christmas in July event. We have had to order more Christmas crafts. Carla tells me that they are flying out the doors.

I am adding Thomas Kinkade Puzzles and thought that maxcat could add some to her bookstore too. They are puzzles of his paintings.

I am ready for breakfast. See you at our table.

ReadingPatti

pen21
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Vermontcozy, Hi, Suze, We have had the one on the beach, but not at someone's house. I am so ready for tomorrow. I will bring the sweater. Who is bringing the popcorn?

We are having a great time with the Christmas in July event. We have had to order more Christmas crafts. Carla tells me that they are flying out the doors.

I am adding Thomas Kinkade Puzzles and thought that maxcat could add some to her bookstore too. They are puzzles of his paintings.

I am ready for breakfast. See you at our table.

ReadingPatti

I love puzzles. I will have to stop in and get a puzzle when you get them in.

Luanne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Becke, thank you for the news from Jim. I am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

Suze, I've never tried Sephora make-up, what am I missing?

The rest of you have a great day.