Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Re: Crepes for a Quiet Monday

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

ok warmly I have to ask. Not good at cards, what do you mean?

I can play cards. I like to play cards for "fun". But I can embarrass myself and those I play with. It is an odd phenomena, kind of paranormal.

Oh my gosh Luanne you're a paranormal phenomena wow, you should put that on your resume :smileysurprised:

..Deb you are so Funny,,And so On Trend...,But Classes are Starting at The Univ. of Minn..in that field..Especially "Card Shifters" Lol.Suze

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Happy Tuesday

I'm posting this image because it looks like my daughter's dog, and she arrives in FOUR HOURS!!!

Have a Great Mom/Daughter Time..Post Pics...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Patti..Lunch it is.See you then..Getting Hungry..Lets see...Must see what Special The Cafe  has...Must Have an Iced Latte.though..Suze...BTW  Have a Great Time...

ReadingPatti wrote:

Vermontcozy, Suze, Yes,it does. I am trying to finish it. I am not sure what to make of it. I saw really great reviews but for me it doesn't do much but maybe it is just me.

I will stop in for a quick lunch around 11:30. I leave to go to work at 1:00. I work 1:30 to 9 because of book club and I am in charge. Lucky me.

I can hardly wait for my trip. I had a great time last year and I am sure that I will again. I am taking pictures this time.

I feel the same. More clothes is better in case you can change or change you mind on what to wear.

I got my jewelry ready and I have what I am going to wear for the Sat night banquet. I hope I win a door prize and can find some good bargains.

I will see you for lunch.

I will give Callie a hug for you.

ReadingPatti

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Had lingonberry crepes on Sunday at IHOP - the best ever!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aaron-mccargo,-jr./crepes-with-lingonberry-jam-recipe/index.html

I love lingonberry Preserves,,Jam  very Swedish of you Eadie..IHOP was always fun,and tasty....Suze...

becke_davis

Colorful Cupcakes for a Fun Tuesday!

becke_davis

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Tiggerbear wrote:

ok warmly I have to ask. Not good at cards, what do you mean

I used to play pinochle with my mom and dad back home. My husband and I used to play gin rummy while he was in the service and we were stationed in Panama.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I can play cards. I like to play cards for "fun". But I can embarrass myself and those I play with. It is an odd phenomena, kind of paranormal.

Ditto to that, Luanne. I don't play for money, just the fun of it is all.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

maxcat.Glad we all met last night..Its cooler on Mimosa.I wonder how TBear did in Her Poker Game...They seemed to be a having  a  good time,but one guy just threw a fit and stormed out..Looked a lot like Donnie Wahlberg,....I think he bought a House on Mimosa....,I was talking with Luannne and Debga about "3 Girls in a Band" They haven't played recently..We need a Good night out at The Cafe and Lounge...Must see if KaylaKK is free on Friday Night,unless she is still sailing with MonacoBoy....Can you work the Door?  Suze....

Friday night? Sure I can do that, Suze. I watched Haven  last night. It was very good and still lives up to Steven King's writing.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Patti. I hope your fridge gets taken care of before you go on your trip. You have quite an agenda planned this year for that trip. Hope you find some good buys.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Eadieburke wrote:

Had lingonberry crepes on Sunday at IHOP - the best ever!

They sound good, Eadie. Sounds sweet. Are they?

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy, Lunch looks great. I am hungry. I just finished my book club book. I am glad. I am not sure what to make of it. I know that I would probably not recommend it.

I have picked some on my own books to take on my trip. I don't want to lose a library book while I am gone.

I have two in my suitcase.

Callie is missing everyone at the island. She loved her pet friends and all her aunts and Uncle Jim.

I have a ferry wating to get me back so I can get to work.

ReadingPatti

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

maxcat.Glad we all met last night..Its cooler on Mimosa.I wonder how TBear did in Her Poker Game...They seemed to be a having  a  good time,but one guy just threw a fit and stormed out..Looked a lot like Donnie Wahlberg,....I think he bought a House on Mimosa....,I was talking with Luannne and Debga about "3 Girls in a Band" They haven't played recently..We need a Good night out at The Cafe and Lounge...Must see if KaylaKK is free on Friday Night,unless she is still sailing with MonacoBoy....Can you work the Door?  Suze....

Friday night? Sure I can do that, Suze. I watched Haven  last night. It was very good and still lives up to Steven King's writing.

maxcat..I need to watch last weeks to catch up..It does justice to Stephen King for Sure.Glad you liked it...Friday Night "3 Girls in a Band"..I believe all are available KPPP,DEBGa and KaylaKK..Seems like its a secret of course,you know Mimosa.But pen built a "Recording Studio".on Mimosa..Its past The Cafe..First intersection."Pelican Way"take a right go 1.7miles..Sky Blue Building..Sign says.."In Session"..Studio..I think,but not sure.they are working on their new CD. You are good with The Patrons..and they all pay you..Just Keep the Tickets for Luanne...She likes knowing.....Did you like The Set of BodyGuards..I think they will be back for Crowd Control. Will Check with "Brian Luannes Friend...Guest Artists..Will find out Anyone Special you all want to see on Mimosa..? Debga is Bringing her New"Friend"Navy Seal ,Nate.She dumped Sean..   Suze

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Oh my gosh Luanne you're a paranormal phenomena wow, you should put that on your resume :smileysurprised:

..Deb you are so Funny,,And so On Trend...,But Classes are Starting at The Univ. of Minn..in that field..Especially "Card Shifters" Lol.Suze

I will be a guest professor for that class.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

I will be a guest professor for that class.

LOL..Let me call The Dean  He needed someone familiar with all the different life forms and how Playing Cards have affected their lives..ok We  have a Professor among us People.Prof.Luanne...Just dress like a Professor,not a Rock Star..ok?   :  )  Remember Friday night You and The Girls are Playing...Its only me and maxcat,till TBear arrives,Twj is On The Road,Again......Eadie said she would work,but only if we have Pancakes,whatever her Fave of the day is...I thought that was Good..TBear will bring her Culinary Skills..we get very Hungry..at 2AM..Patti,Becke away...Our Roadie Jim is writing and busy.. NOBODY CAN SIT IN HIS CHAIR AT THE TABLE...it has about 100 Biscottis in a Vase...on the Table..Suze

becke_davis

The Bookworm

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: The Bookworm

becke_davis wrote:

These are so cute!

http://milasdaydreams.blogspot.com/

Now that is Pretty Adorable.Really Cute..Must tag it..Hows Not Jessie?Not yet. Me EST..I forget...Say Hi..

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Vermontcozy, Lunch looks great. I am hungry. I just finished my book club book. I am glad. I am not sure what to make of it. I know that I would probably not recommend it.

I have picked some on my own books to take on my trip. I don't want to lose a library book while I am gone.

I have two in my suitcase.

Callie is missing everyone at the island. She loved her pet friends and all her aunts and Uncle Jim.

I have a ferry wating to get me back so I can get to work.

ReadingPatti

Patti  We won't say Bon Voyage yet..Suze

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Suze I may sign up for that class it's called Shifters 101 or Were oh were did they go :smileytongue:

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Suze I may sign up for that class it's called Shifters 101 or Were oh were did they go :smileytongue:

Of course we must sign up "For Shifters 101" We know The Professor..and well "Where oh where did they go"?.is her Fist Class.."Playing Cards with Shifters" pen started all of this*LOL) now I will switch or shift  Schools as they say To "Mimosa Univ".I am taking only 3 credits this semester..maxcat said she would enroll so we can all study together..I have a feeling it might be a Tough Class...Still feeling my way around The Tempest Series..and its beginning to click..and getting more and more Visual for me.....A good time to Go to "The Mimosa Reader" and get any school supplies.. I saw At Pattis"Mimosa Yarn and NeedleCrafts." A Fallen Angel CrossStitch ..It would look nice in My "Den".Suze