Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Busy Day

pen21 wrote:

Yes maxcat is right. We are having Tiggerbear's mac and cheese. I need my son to stop by, mac and cheese is one of his all time favorite foods.

So Happy Friday dancing everyone.

I had to Bring Back  Luannes Dancing Cats..They are so Cool..Deputy Doris is in and she said she would ask other Police Women from other counties to join The Derby League.. as well..Everyone Have a Happy Night..Suze...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis

Did someone say pizza??

[ Edited ]
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Did someone say pizza??

No, Becke, I didn't hear anyone say pizza unless you go to Carla's sleepover tomorrow. I have other plans.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Busy Day

What are These Kittys up to?..Becke.. Brad Parks I am now following him on twitter  Told him to Visit us anytime.i will retweet..Suze..Kittys that never Sleep..They must be waiting for TBear and Kayla..

Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Yes maxcat is right. We are having Tiggerbear's mac and cheese. I need my son to stop by, mac and cheese is one of his all time favorite foods.

So Happy Friday dancing everyone.

I had to Bring Back  Luannes Dancing Cats..They are so Cool..Deputy Doris is in and she said she would ask other Police Women from other counties to join The Derby League.. as well..Everyone Have a Happy Night..Suze...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

No, Becke, I didn't hear anyone say pizza unless you go to Carla's sleepover tomorrow. I have other plans.

LOL! I guess I'm starting early! What will you all be doing this weekend - anything fun?

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

maxcat wrote:

LOL! I guess I'm starting early! What will you all be doing this weekend - anything fun?

Good Morning. .We have decided to pay you a visit "Magic Bus".And Bring you Books..Reverse "Got Books",..Nice Brad Parks info..So easy to chat with..And "Faces of Gone"..interested in your review of the book.Sounds like one I would like...My daughter is coming over for a little shopping.and Then just relaxing,reading 2ebooks.from free fridays..ShadowBound,NightFever., different,,,.Both good..Hows your Nook B? Suze..Its Coffee Time...

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, I finally got on through an e-mail. Carla is having pizza at her sleepover tonight. Hope you can come. See you later. I am heading over to the store. ReadingPatti
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

maxcat, Sorry, you can't come to the sleepover. Hopefully you can come to another later.

How have you been?

We are busy at the store.

What are  your plans for the weekend?

Hope to see you back on the island soon.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy, Hope you can come to the sleepover. Carla is having pizza and lots of other food.

Bring the pets.

I am heading off to the store.

See you soon.

ReadingPatti

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Still no break in the heat ...

Suze- I'll do it as long as I get a jacket!

Maxcat- the Hummingbird day sounds interesting. Do they return to your house year after year?

Kayla- Enya is a wonderful choice. She has such a clear crisp voice and is one of my favorites!

Patti- I love pizza. I'll be there.

Hope everyone has an island kind of day!

Jim

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Maxcat- the Hummingbird day sounds interesting. Do they return to your house year after year?

Kayla- Enya is a wonderful choice. She has such a clear crisp voice and is one of my favorites!

Jim

Jim..Thats what its all About.The Jacket lol.We are Fashionable Roller Derby Babes.."Still no word from TBear..Shes recruiting..Your jacket is deep Royal Blue  and Aviatar Glasses.So you Look Mean.. in your Booth...Having an Auction one day..We might Auction off if you don't mind "A Writing Session With Author Jim Colombo..Should bring in Mega Bucks..Only if you agree Its all Virtual..No Stress.Just Fun...Enjoy Suze

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Jim

Jim..Thats what its all About.The Jacket lol.We are Fashionable Roller Derby Babes.."Still no word from TBear..Shes recruiting..Your jacket is deep Royal Blue  and Aviatar Glasses.So you Look Mean.. in your Booth...Having an Auction one day..We might Auction off if you don't mind "A Writing Session With Author Jim Colombo..Should bring in Mega Bucks..Only if you agree Its all Virtual..No Stress.Just Fun...Enjoy Suze

Suze is right, All About The Jacket. We are fancy dressers on the island.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke_Davis wrote:

I went to the regional farmers market here and picked up some goodies. Then my daughter and son-in-law will be down later and we're going out to dinner.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Jim, we blieve the daughter returns each year and they pretty much know where to build their nest and know that we put food out. I read that somewhere in a book. Hummingbirds, in general, live to about 2 years barring any accidents. They can become entangled in a spider web and die. And they do eat small flying bugs or mosquitos but don't count on them for mosquito control. Their main source of food is the sugar water. If you're up close to them you can actually hear the humming and the bander at last year's festival said the hum changes right before they leave as they fatten up with the sugar water. The hum is deeper because of the weight gain. It's amazing that they can fly 5,000 miles to the winter grounds!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Suze, that's a good idea! I hope Jim agrees to that. I could have copies of his book to sign also!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Suze is right, All About The Jacket. We are fancy dressers on the island.

Luanne, it's a great idea and Suzehas the knack for glitz here. I wonder when Tbear will get back. I hope she not having trouble recruiting.

becke_davis

ReadingPatti wrote:
becke_davis, I finally got on through an e-mail. Carla is having pizza at her sleepover tonight. Hope you can come. See you later. I am heading over to the store. ReadingPatti

Glad you finally got in! This reminds me of my cat:

becke_davis

Pets in Pajamas - ready for the sleepover

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo, We will have a WEB cam up and running for you. Carla and I are happy that you can come.

We can't wait for tonight.

The pets are getting some pets PJ's thanks to Becke.

ReadingPatti and Carla.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, your poor cat must get scared when they come.

ReadingPatti