Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis

Computer Gnome - Found Him!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat

Re: Got Books?

Tiggerbear wrote:

Tomarrow at 1 it's comming out. No food or drink edit starts at midnight. Idiot receptionist battle tried to only have me come in for a consult 4 weeks from now. Got a little pissy with her "One it's infected and it hurts, 2 they sent you my records and deluxe xrays what do you mean you not sure the situation of the tooth?" "can I put you on hold? "Sure." 20 mins later different receptionist "1 tomarrow." Oh and they still claimed they didn't have the emailed records.

Really guys, who calls an oral sugeons office with a referal for removal when they are not in pain and haven't already had a consult??!

Called my dentist back, and Sandra was bewildered they hadn't even open the email, promiced to walk the records over there by lunch if nessisary. (sigh) I'm worried, and I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE

Good Luck, Tigger. I'm sure you will feel a whole lot better after it's out.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Debbie, I just wanted to let you know that Drawing in the Dust was a really good novel and I learned a few things from it as I'm not of Jewish descent. Thanks for bringing Rabbi Zoe Klein to the Fiction thread. She was really helpful.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

maxcat, I agree with you. I really enjoyed Drawing in the Dust. I loved the characters and the plot. I learned alot about the different religions and cultures. I would other books by Rabbi Zoe Kein.

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Kayla, glad you have the boat in the water even if it's not running right. I finished DITD last week and thought it was a beautiful love story and I'm glad it had a happy ending.

Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

DITD was a great love story very refreshing... I hope Tiggs feels better I've never had to have oral surgery thank God! I was born without wisdom teeth and one of my adult teeth which the dentist thought was outrageous and my twelve year molars didn't come in until I was fifteen or sixteen. It was pretty funny watching the dentist and the assistant count and recount the teeth on my x-ray thinking they'd made a mistake but I was happy about it. I didn't have to have braces or anything either so I definitely thank my lucky stars!

A day at the beach with a good book is exactly what I need... Almost done with The Secret History I just can't seem to put it down! It's going to be one of those books where I'll finish it and want more... Got a fresh selection of flip flops in the store also cute little wrap around skirts (can't think what their technical name is) perfect for the beach... and long islands yum! Oh and wide brimmed hats are on sale as well so don't forget to stop by! See yahs at the beach! Kayla

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Already at the beach. Waiting for you guys.

TBear this would be perfect place to relax, Hope you get the work done soon.

Here is Patti and Suze. Later

Back at The Beach..Always a great Spot..Hope its all going relatively well for all..A few bumps in the Road..But  we are taking it slow on Mimosa..Waiting for some TBear news...and having Iced Tea  Come down and join us..Becke be careful  Sand is Hot..Everyone wear those Cute thongs from Kaylakk's Shop...Suze..

Tomarrow at 1 it's comming out. No food or drink edit starts at midnight. Idiot receptionist battle tried to only have me come in for a consult 4 weeks from now. Got a little pissy with her "One it's infected and it hurts, 2 they sent you my records and deluxe xrays what do you mean you not sure the situation of the tooth?" "can I put you on hold? "Sure." 20 mins later different receptionist "1 tomarrow." Oh and they still claimed they didn't have the emailed records.

Really guys, who calls an oral sugeons office with a referal for removal when they are not in pain and haven't already had a consult??!

Called my dentist back, and Sandra was bewildered they hadn't even open the email, promiced to walk the records over there by lunch if nessisary. (sigh) I'm worried, and I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE.

We do expect them to get it right. Thats Their Job.... And I would be annoyed and react the same way..But today at 1Pm.. You will be in lala land..And Just have Hubby or if you can send us a quickie post..Big Hug..Suze..                .

The receptionists not so good, angry unhappy people. The Doc and his anitegiologist (I think maybe assistant) very profession, friendsly, gental. There I guess once you get past the gargoles, you're treated well. Tooth's out, swollen, some bloood leakage, chapped mediciney lips; all expected. Some pain, not too bad and he gave me Perks to take care of that. But I have to wait a couple hours first. Soft food cold only (when you haven't eaten in 14 hours my cold roast beef sand was lovely if akward), no straws. I'm about to go lie down in a few. But wanted to give everyone an update. They say by tomarrow minimal swelling, minor bleeding and take the pain meds as nessisary. Keep on the antibiotics. !0 day I go back for a looksee. My main b*tch right now is the stiches go up the side of my cheek and my teeth keep catching on them. (sigh) All in all though of the 5 teeth I've had pulled, this was the best extraction so far.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Wiil Put This Beach Ball on TBears Chair.at The Beach...So we know she will be up and around soon and Ready to Play ....    We Are still adding to Jims Biscotti Jar..Contest next Week...TBear you can guess again..But no hints this time!!  Suze

203!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Those dancing cats make me laugh everytime!:smileyvery-happy:

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Computer Gnome - Found Him!

becke_davis wrote:

boggart

He's rather frightening isn't he.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Tiggerbear wrote:

Called my dentist back, and Sandra was bewildered they hadn't even open the email, promiced to walk the records over there by lunch if nessisary. (sigh) I'm worried, and I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE

Good Luck, Tigger. I'm sure you will feel a whole lot better after it's out.

Thank you everyone! (hugs back)

dhaupt

maxcat, Patti and Kayla, thanks for the mention of DITD it was a great month and Zoe was great.

Remember next month is 

The Keys to the Vault 

Jim will be with us as much as his treatments will allow and for October I have a Halloween type book planned who's author will also be with us

Daughters of the Witching Hill 

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

dhaupt, Is the book Daughters of the Witching Hill one we will be reading and disussing for October. If so I will see if I can get it.

It sounds like a good book.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

TiggerBear, Hope everything work out for you with your tooth. I am thinking about you. We all are. You chair is on the beach waiting for you.

Not to busy today. I think we will be busy this weekend. I see a lot of weekenders coming in and some bikers are back.

I hope when you get back that you find something in the other caves you have not gotten to yet. I am sure that everyone wants to know the story of the Captain and Lucinda.

Thinking about you with my prayers.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

crzynwrdr4lf, Are you having any end of summer sale at your store? If so let us know when and I will be there to see what you have. I am looking for shoes for the fall.

I want more of your great earrings.

Talk to you soon. See for dinner at our table.

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Kayla, I never heard of anyone not having wisdom teeth. That is odd! And your 12 year molars came in much later. Did anyone in your family have that trait? Maybe it's genetic on your side. I find that very interesting!  At least you didn't have to get them pulled. I wonder sometimes why they are called wisdom teeth.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Yay, Tiggerbear. You made it through and you will definitely feel better in a couple of days. Do you have to get the stitches removed eventually or are they biodegradable? I'm glad you let us know what was going on. Thanks for the update.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Wiil Put This Beach Ball on TBears Chair.at The Beach...So we know she will be up and around soon and Ready to Play ....    We Are still adding to Jims Biscotti Jar..Contest next Week...TBear you can guess again..But no hints this time!!  Suze

203!

Got Your Number TBear..Keep us in the Loop...Thinking of you..As we have LI Iced Tea with the Girls.Kayla's Request....Beach Ball Will remind us of you 2031..Many Movies to watch..reviews to post.You will be Ok..Suze

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Kayla, I never heard of anyone not having wisdom teeth. That is odd! And your 12 year molars came in much later. Did anyone in your family have that trait? Maybe it's genetic on your side. I find that very interesting!  At least you didn't have to get them pulled. I wonder sometimes why they are called wisdom teeth.

I only ever got two wisdom teeth - one up, one down. Still have them both.

becke_davis

For Tigger