Reply
Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,523
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Mimosa Yarns and Needlecrafts Column

     Mimosa Yarns and Needlecrafts is announcing the arrival on Monday of Barbara Baatz Hilman. She is a cross stitch designer. She will be with us until Sept 13th.

 

     We are starting our end of summer sale. We are having a 30% sale.

 

     There are door prizes and mystery sales.

 

     Holiday items will be available this week. We have Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas

     crafts.

 

     Carla and Patti are the owners. They can meet all your crafts needs.

     Callie is the resident store cat. She greets all customers at the door. SHe loves

     playing with the children.

 

     Come to Mimosa Yarns and Needlecrafts for all your crafting needs.

 

 

 

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,523
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Sleepover on the beach

Hi, Everyone, Carla and I are having a sleepover on the beach. Everyone is invited. The weather is perfect. We have a bonfire, smores, drinks and pizza. Bring you pillows, sleeping bags and PJ's.

 

Pets are having a sleepover in my house. Alex, Carla new boyfriend is watching them.

 

So anyone can who can come, please do.

 

ReadingPatti

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate


pen21 wrote:

New Acai Berry drink at Mimosa Cafe. Stop in, we do serve a non-alcoholic version ( for me and you know who).

 


 

:womantongue:Love That Drink.,   Its.you Know Who,,Night all.....

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

 


Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Sunny and warming up some. It's pretty if nothing else.

 

Luanne- I'm glad that you are ready for discussion, but I believe that it is happening in September not February. I'll need to confirm with Deb.

 

Becke/ Deb- I feel for both of you with utilities out. Let's us know how much we depend on them.

 

Maxcat- I really hope TS earl misses you. No need to see him close up.

 

Patti- Thanks for keeping island home ready for me.

 

Tbear- Anytime a watermain looses pressure, the chance for bacteria to grow is magnified. Your community should boil if pressure is off for more than a few hours. They probably try to boost chlorine levels, but I'm not sure that is effective. (I used to work for city engineering department. That is why I have this specific set of useless knowledge!) HEHE

 

Hope everyone has a great day! have fun!

 

Jim


 

Well we're on Chloride with an Amonia backer, not chlorine treatment. It's cheeper, more stable, lasts for a week even if there's no movement, and works better in hard water areas period. But does zittch for algee. Which is why I have to remove algee from my toliet bowl and shower heads weekly. And I have to deal with line flushing twice a year. (shrug) Municiple tradeoff I guess.

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

 Good Morning....Sunny,I hope the same for  All ...  Between,Jim,TBear and maxcat..I have learned everything I need to know about these water main Breaks,and boil down's..Just in case  it happens here I have Notes..A very Smart Group ,indeed...Glad as always Jim,to hear how everything is..Have a Great BBQ...I can't remember what a Great time I had.DebGa,.You know what I mean LOL...but I don't think I sat on any Guys lap..I could be mistaken. Ask Luanne.and maxcat.....Patti ,So tired last night..Glad Carla has a new BF..Will stop by all the shops later..Coffee? Everyone,see you at The Mimosa Cafe"..Lots of Reading a Busy week for All....Suze...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

 Good Morning....Sunny,I hope the same for  All ...  Between,Jim,TBear and maxcat..I have learned everything I need to know about these water main Breaks,and boil down's..Just in case  it happens here I have Notes..A very Smart Group ,indeed...Glad as always Jim,to hear how everything is..Have a Great BBQ...I can't remember what a Great time I had.DebGa,.You know what I mean LOL...but I don't think I sat on any Guys lap..I could be mistaken. Ask Luanne.and maxcat.....Patti ,So tired last night..Glad Carla has a new BF..Will stop by all the shops later..Coffee? Everyone,see you at The Mimosa Cafe"..Lots of Reading a Busy week for All....Suze...


 

 

First, my lips are sealed, I didn't see anything.

Patti, saw your post this morning. Hope all of you had a good time. New BF for Carla, must stop by and catch up on al the gossip.

Busy weekend for the Mimosa Cafe. Still raising money for the Roller Derby. I need to get on my skates and practice some more.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,523
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Vermontcozy, Carla is silly in love. Alex is very cute. We had a sleepover on the beach last night. I think Carla and Alex left to go to her house. I am happy for her. She deserves someone nice in her life.

 

I had a great time at our county fair and the rodeo. I went with my friend, Judy. We go free fair shirts. I got some jewelry and we are a lot. I saw horses, chickens, guinea pigs, rabbits, pigs, sheep and goats.

 

I need a soft cushion to sit on for the rodeo next year. I want to find a stadium seat. I don't think I have enough cushion in the butt.

 

I am going to do some stitching on my project. I want to finish it as soon as I can.

 

I also saw crafts. People make quilts, afghans and win prizes. I saw flowers and flower arrangements. I also saw some stitching. I saw a beautiful cross stitch. It was an angel with a flag and liberty on the bottom of her dress. I looked up the pattern and bought one for myself.

 

I think once I get my project done I am going to work on my angel of cross stitch and get it framed. I think I am going to enter it in the fair next year and see if I can win something.

 

My friend, Judy won ribbons for her rabbits and on that her daughter had made the cut for best in show but did not win.

 

It was a great day.

 

I will have Beck post pictures.

 

We are getting ready for our next cross stitch designer and our end of the summer sale. Plus ordering items for upcoming holidays.

 

See you for lunch.

 

ReadngPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,523
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Vermontcozy, Great Lunch, We are busy with the store. I am doing paperwork and Carla is working the store. Callie is greeting customers and playing with the children.

 

I need to finish the paperwork and help get items we ordered unpacked.

 

Let me know when the Roller Derby event is? Carla is excited about it. Alex is teaching her to skate.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

ReadingPatti

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,679
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,011
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Hi, Suze, I've been to the mountains today and I'm feel like taking a big nap. We walked up one trail that led to a knob and there were rocks or boulders there that were centuries old and were laying on top of each other. It was very interesting, though. Been gone the whole day and the body aches like it needs help. You can tell we haven't hiked since spring. But we did have a great time.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,011
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Hi, Tigger, why do you have so much algae? I s it the climate there or what? Just curious.

 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,011
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

pen21 wrote:

 

First, my lips are sealed, I didn't see anything.

Patti, saw your post this morning. Hope all of you had a good time. New BF for Carla, must stop by and catch up on al the gossip.

Busy weekend for the Mimosa Cafe. Still raising money for the Roller Derby. I need to get on my skates and practice some more.

 

I need to practice too. I keep falling down a lot. Heck, I haven't skated since high school.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

:maxcat  Love hiking.  Glad you Had fun with Hubby...I do it more in the fall and spring..Great trails and  Today though was Beautiful..and saw some Hikers..on the Mt...Its good exercise..and now that we will be at "West Key Skate"..Need to keep ourselves in Good Shape...Must Sign up for Lessons, a little Rusty...But hang on to TBear.;;She is one Tough Teacher.."I Heard'..So i'm taking lessons from "Joey"..I prefer a Male instructer..lol..You Know Who.Suze..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Final Riot!  You too B.....Hope your Saturday is Going Well..I went to The Bondville Fair  Crafts..Very Nice..Coffee later..See you All At The Cafe I Heard "Live Music" tonight..TBear Booked."Paramore" 7Pm at The Cafe..and 10Pm at "Key Skate."..Must get us all Our Table.  .Luanne is Busy Booking For "Thanksgiving "Reservations Already...Just thought I would Mention that,in case you need to book.any...Suze......

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate


ReadingPatti wrote:

Vermontcozy, Great Lunch, We are busy with the store. I am doing paperwork and Carla is working the store. Callie is greeting customers and playing with the children.

 

I need to finish the paperwork and help get items we ordered unpacked.

 

Let me know when the Roller Derby event is? Carla is excited about it. Alex is teaching her to skate.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

ReadingPatti


 

Patti  Glad its Going Well at the Store..No News Yet on Roller Derby Event yet ..See you at The Cafe at 7pm..We are ,I think all going..to hear "Paramore"..Fun..Later..Suze

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate


pen21 wrote:

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

 Good Morning....Sunny,I hope the same for  All ...  Between,Jim,TBear and maxcat..I have learned everything I need to know about these water main Breaks,and boil down's..Just in case  it happens here I have Notes..A very Smart Group ,indeed...Glad as always Jim,to hear how everything is..Have a Great BBQ...I can't remember what a Great time I had.DebGa,.You know what I mean LOL...but I don't think I sat on any Guys lap..I could be mistaken. Ask Luanne.and maxcat.....Patti ,So tired last night..Glad Carla has a new BF..Will stop by all the shops later..Coffee? Everyone,see you at The Mimosa Cafe"..Lots of Reading a Busy week for All....Suze...


 

 

First, my lips are sealed, I didn't see anything.

Patti, saw your post this morning. Hope all of you had a good time. New BF for Carla, must stop by and catch up on al the gossip.

Busy weekend for the Mimosa Cafe. Still raising money for the Roller Derby. I need to get on my skates and practice some more.


 

Glad your Lips are sealed..Because I will be at The Cafe tonight.to Hear "Paramore,and I hope Brian will serve me..Just one Campari and Oj on the rocks..promise..See you later..Suze..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,523
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Vermontcozy, I will see you at our table at the cafe. I think Carla & I will close an hour early. It has slowed down and we are tired. Carla has a date with Alex. He is so cute. He is tall with blond hair and the bluest eyes. He is so kind and considerate. He loves books and movies and long walks on the beach. He is working with the construction company here on the island. He has muscles.

 

Carla is taking it slow as she has been burned before. I told Alex that he better not hurt her or he has to answer to all of us.

 

Any more word on those who wanted our island? I am glad that they have not tried anything else yet.

 

Calle, Snowflake and Spot are fast alseep at my house. They are wore out from playing with the kids at the store and each other.

 

See you soon.

 

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,011
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Vermontcozy wrote:

 

maxcat  Love hiking.  Glad you Had fun with Hubby...I do it more in the fall and spring..Great trails and  Today though was Beautiful..and saw some Hikers..on the Mt...Its good exercise..and now that we will be at "West Key Skate"..Need to keep ourselves in Good Shape...Must Sign up for Lessons, a little Rusty...But hang on to TBear.;;She is one Tough Teacher.."I Heard'..So i'm taking lessons from "Joey"..I prefer a Male instructer..lol..You Know Who.Suze..

 

We had a great time but I'm worn out. The gnats were driving me crazy and our clothes were soaking wet as it was humid walking in the forest. But it was a great hike! I know what you mean about practice on skates. Tbear could give me some lessons.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

 Good Morning....Sunny,I hope the same for  All ...  Between,Jim,TBear and maxcat..I have learned everything I need to know about these water main Breaks,and boil down's..Just in case  it happens here I have Notes..A very Smart Group ,indeed...Glad as always Jim,to hear how everything is..Have a Great BBQ...I can't remember what a Great time I had.DebGa,.You know what I mean LOL...but I don't think I sat on any Guys lap..I could be mistaken. Ask Luanne.and maxcat.....Patti ,So tired last night..Glad Carla has a new BF..Will stop by all the shops later..Coffee? Everyone,see you at The Mimosa Cafe"..Lots of Reading a Busy week for All....Suze...


 

 

First, my lips are sealed, I didn't see anything.

Patti, saw your post this morning. Hope all of you had a good time. New BF for Carla, must stop by and catch up on al the gossip.

Busy weekend for the Mimosa Cafe. Still raising money for the Roller Derby. I need to get on my skates and practice some more.


 

Glad your Lips are sealed..Because I will be at The Cafe tonight.to Hear "Paramore,and I hope Brian will serve me..Just one Campari and Oj on the rocks..promise..See you later..Suze..


 

 

I'm looking for you guys. Paramore should be great. I am having unsweetened ice tea tonight. So many people here. Oh, I see the table, what a fun night. I did a lot of falling during my roller skating lesson today, I can't sit too long without being squirmy. It seemed so much easier when I was younger.

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,679
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

I've been mostly away from the computer today, spending time with hubby for a change. Back later - hope you're all having a fun weekend!