Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

Wild Ride I also LOVED her book, Wild Ride:

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

Becke wrote:

Susan - Jenny based MAYBE NEXT TIME on the Henry James classic, TURN OF THE SCREW. It's a mystery and a ghost story AND a romance. Something for everyone!

Okay, you've got my interest. A mystery and a ghost story, right up my alley.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Tigger, how did the Dr's appt go? Did you get the stitches out?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Stay safe!

Thanks for the invite, Suze. But even if it wobbles a bit west, I'll be okay. It's Tigger I worried about.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Yeah got the Doc to cut the stitches out, all the pain is now gone. Still a tad tight in my jaw, but no more pain, so good.
pen21
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Yeah got the Doc to cut the stitches out, all the pain is now gone. Still a tad tight in my jaw, but no more pain, so good.

That is so good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Thanks for the invite, Suze. But even if it wobbles a bit west, I'll be okay. It's Tigger I worried about.

(shrug) Hopely it stay in the sea, and it will just be rain.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Well now how are you doing?

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

TiggerBear, Glad to hear that everything went well at the doctor's. I bet that you are glad that it is over with and that everything went well.

I will be back on the island tonight after work. Callie and I will be coming.

It is hot here in Somerset, In the eighties and nineties. Not too humid but warn enough for me.

I am also most done with my stitching project. I will be so glad when I get it done.

I so want to stitch on something different. I have several projects to finish and many I want to start.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Good to hear you're better..and pain free..Suze

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

maxcat ..TBear plays it down,but she is stocking up..She knows the Plan..Keeping an eye on the storm..Glad you will be ok..Will be in later,have a look around,need some More Books.and gifts as well.. and Patti's has most of her Christmas Stock in.Kayla has some new shipments..Lets take a walk over after Breakfast...Luanne said Brian made "Scones"..And Almond ones..are my favorite..Jim will be Happy..,when he returns to the Island..Brian  really learns quickly,.Luanne has taught him a lot.....and TBear gave him her Secret Fried Chicken Recipe..Bus is in The Mimosa Garage..We are Taking a Trip..Stay Tuned tomorrow..Just Pack a small bag everyone..Bring Jeans,of course..Suze...Don't forget Sunglasses..

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Good News Tigger

pen21 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

maxcat wrote:

That is good news

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Maybe This Time  Page Turner.maxcat......Suze...

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I downloaded Maybe Next Time to my nook but haven't read it yet!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Tiggerbear wrote:

Yeah got the Doc to cut the stitches out, all the pain is now gone. Still a tad tight in my jaw, but no more pain, so good

Good news, Tigger. When's our first scuba lesson? And skate lesson, too?

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Tiggerbear wrote:

(shrug) Hopely it stay in the sea, and it will just be rain.

They are evacuating Ocracoke Island today as it is a barrier island. I don't think I'd want to be there either.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Is it hot where you are, Suze?

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Good News Tigger

dhaupt wrote:

That is good news

How have you been, Debbie? I hear you in and out of this thread. Your first moderator job did well, didn't it?

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Is it hot where you are, Suze?

Thanks for asking...Its hot,but bearable..I have my AC going.because of allergies too. ..Must check , I think rain this week..Are you comfortable ?..BTW  Hows Jane True ? .

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

I downloaded Maybe Next Time to my nook but haven't read it yet!

I hope you enjoy it....  I put it down  but will finish later or tomorrow..    I look forward to your  feeings ,whenever....Its a Good balancing book for me..between First Look..and UF..and a few others ..I am checking on her other books......Suze..