becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Christmas Party

ReadingPatti wrote:

becke_davis, Thanks for the birthday wishes. I can't believe I will be 58. Coming August I will have my 40th high school class reunion. I can't beleive it has been that long. I graduate from college in 1982. Man the years sure go by fast.

I am glad you are feeling better. I am much better that I was. My nose is still stuffy but not as much as it was. I think it was a cold. I have not had one in a long time. I am glad I have six days off. I don't have to go to work until Mon.

I am finishing up Indulgence In Death. So good then the Robb books always are. I need to finish my book club book. The Keeper's House. It is ok. I need to read more on Three Seconds. Then I have more from my library to get into.

I want to stitch on my Ghoststitchers project and get it mailed tomorrow if I can. I have two animals to finish.

Talk to you soon.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, Thanks for the birthday wishes. I love the kittie.

I got gift cards and Avon bath stuff. I also got new pictures of my great niece Montana. She is 10.

I also got two DVD's from one of my friends.I got Aviator and New Moon.

I had really nice time with my family.

Hope you had a great Christmas.

The PJ New Year's Bash is coming along and everything will be ready for Fri. Night.

I am looking forward to it.

See you there. I wonder with the Barbies and the Blythe dolls will show up.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

We finally are done with the snowstorm. We had 4-6" but most of it was overnight not classifying it as a christmas day snow. But it was beautiful on the trees here. The roads aren't bad but it is going down to 16 degrees and a wind of 25 miles per hour. Wow! We had a great Christmas with the kids and just spent the day talking with them. They got home just as the snow started up there. Thank goodness!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Boxing Day, and soon...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Boxing Day, and soon...

[ Edited ]

Checking in from chilly Orlando, Florida - no snow here, but it's plenty cold, mainly because of the wind. The traffic today was UNBELIEVABLE. My daughter lives near Downtown Disney and the outlet malls, and everyone in this part of the country must have decided to go to those places today. INSANE traffic.

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend and staying warm. Less than a week left of 2010!!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Boxing Day, and soon...

becke_davis, I like the pictures of ladies reading. I am excited about the PJ Bash on Fri night. Everything is set and the ballrooms are ready. The kitchen staff is cooking up a storm.

The hats are here and so are the balloons and New Year's Eve crackers.

I have plenty of pillows, blankets, sleeping bags and air mattresses.

I think this is going to be so much fun.

I just finished the Novella by Stephanie Meyer.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner 

I just finished this. I liked it. I thought it was great. It was a quick and easy read. I hope that we see more of Bree. But I am not sure.

I am on to finishing my book club book and Three Seconds.

Everyone take it easy out there who are in the blizzard. We are only getting light snow but windy here in Somerset.

ReadingPatti

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

We finally are done with the snowstorm. We had 4-6" but most of it was overnight not classifying it as a christmas day snow. But it was beautiful on the trees here. The roads aren't bad but it is going down to 16 degrees and a wind of 25 miles per hour. Wow! We had a great Christmas with the kids and just spent the day talking with them. They got home just as the snow started up there. Thank goodness!

It was beautiful here, that is for sure.  It started here about 10am Saturday; by Sunday morning it was over 8 inches here!  It wasn't snowing in NW Charlotte/harrisburg when we left there at 6:30 pm Sat. night, but it took us over an hour and a half to get home to S'ville.  We had a great day with the kids!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Beachgirl312
0 Kudos

Re: Christmas Ball

Thanks Becke! Still not rcvg the emails though :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
Beachgirl312
0 Kudos

Goregeous !

Frequent Contributor
Beachgirl312
0 Kudos

I had a wonderful time at the ball! Sorry that I had to catch a flight right after the ball.  Made it home, fought the blizzard on the east coast all the way. So cold & the wind you wouldnt believe! Everyone looked beautiful at the ball. Did you like my dress & shoes? View ImageGo to fullsize image

becke_davis
0 Kudos

liisa22 wrote:

maxcat wrote:

It was beautiful here, that is for sure.  It started here about 10am Saturday; by Sunday morning it was over 8 inches here!  It wasn't snowing in NW Charlotte/harrisburg when we left there at 6:30 pm Sat. night, but it took us over an hour and a half to get home to S'ville.  We had a great day with the kids!

I'm embarrassed to say we've been whining about the cold here in Florida. It was in the 30s today with a cold wind, but at least we didn't have snow. Plenty of traffic, if that counts!

Are you all pretty much snowed in? Hope you've got a good book (or two) (or three) to curl up with!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Beachgirl312 wrote:

I had a wonderful time at the ball! Sorry that I had to catch a flight right after the ball.  Made it home, fought the blizzard on the east coast all the way. So cold & the wind you wouldnt believe! Everyone looked beautiful at the ball. Did you like my dress & shoes? View ImageGo to fullsize image

Fabulous!!! Of course, I couldn't walk across the room in those shoes, but they are soooo pretty! 

I know the New Year's party is a sleepover, but maybe we could model our glamorous shoes in our pjs?

I love to look at cool shoes, even if I'm more likely to be found in flats!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, That sounds like fun. I will bring my shoes.

Everything is ready for our PJ New Year's Eve bash. The is going to a ton of food and drinks.

I have a bunch of movies and the big screen tv is in one of the ballroom.

The balloons are up. I have party hats and horns. I also have New Year's Eve crackers.

There are plenty of pillows, blankets, sleeping bags and air mattresses.

I think it is going to be fun.

I heard a rumor that the Holiday Barbies are going to show up in their PJ's and that the Blythe dolls may come as well. I am not sure if the Barbies are bringing any Kens.

Cold here but not much snow. Windy. The wind seemed to be letting up.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Beachgirl312, I loved your dress and shoes. I think everyone had a great time at the ball.

Bring you PJ's and shoes and we will have a shoe fashion show.

I have everything ready for the PJ New Year's Eve Bash. It is in the ballrooms at the B & B, of course.

I have pillows, blankets and sleeping bags plus air mattresses.

There is going to plenty of food and drinks.

I have party hats, horns and balloons. I also have New Year's Eve Crackers.

So come on Fri night. The Bash starts at 8.

There will be fireworks on the beach at midnight.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Mimosa PJ New's Year Eve Bash

Hi, Everyone, we are having a PJ bash for New Year's Eve. It is in the ballrooms at the B &B.

There will be party hats, horns, and balloons. New Year's Eve crackers will be given to everyone.

I have plenty of food planned.

We will have movies. The big screen tv is in one of the ballrooms. We will have movies.

We will have a shoe fashion show. So bring you shoes from the ball and show them off.

I have pillows, blankets and sleeping bags and air mattresses.

It should be a great time. So come and enjoy our PJ Bash. Fri night starting at 8p.m.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Beachgirl312 wrote:

Thanks Becke! Still not rcvg the emails though :smileysad:

Do you have an alternate email address? I wonder if it would make a difference if you tried changing that. Could your email server be blocking the B&N emails as spam?

Inspired Contributor
MaryMcDonald
0 Kudos

Omg, that is my cat! lol. Except for the eyes. My cat has green eyes. 

Anyway, I'm new to this board and a little lost. I see it's a mystery board, but I hope there's talk about thrillers too? I'm not much into straight mysteries, but I love thrillers. I read some good ones in the last month. Is this an appropriate board to share the links? Or is there a thrillers board somewhere?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.:-)

No Good Deed
Wrongly accused of a being a terrorist, Mark Taylor is labeled an enemy combatant. There's no lawyer, no trial, and he leaves his rights outside the cell.
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

liisa22 wrote:

I was surprised that we had that much snow Sunday morning when we got up. It was still snowing a bit all day! No further accumulation. I looked out the window Saturday night and it was changing from sleet to snow and we went for a walk at 11PM and just flakes were coming down. Boy, we must have really got it overnight. I'm sure my daughter had about 7" as that is what they had in W-S.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, we're not snowed in....as a matter of fact, very little snow is left. It is warming up as it is 46 degrees here right now and it was easy to drive around even after the storm. I hope my aunt is okay as she lives on the outskirts of Phila. I might give her a call later.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Mary, actually this thread is for anyone who just wants to relax. We talk about anything including books. Becke is the administrator of the Mystery board and she oversees this. You're invited to a virtual New Year's bash in PJ's at the ballroom on Friday night. Readingpatti is in charge of that. But welcome to our little thread and feel free to pop in anytime.