Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

I just reread for a book club Flower Net by Lisa See. It is the first one in her mystery series. It was just as good reading it a second time.

Flower Net (Liu Hulan Series #1)

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm almost finished with:

A Tale of Two Demon Slayers 

Very good

This is next on the hit parade -

The Cinderella Deal 

I can't wait

pen21
0 Kudos

I just started Flawless a true story about a diamond heist. It was a free eBook on Wednesday this book. Very interesting so far on the security there.

Flawless

I am also listening to Comfort Food by kate Jacobs. Her books are always fun. pen21

Comfort Food

Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

I thought I would jump into the fun. Since it is late afternoon I decided to contribute a southern favorite: banana pudding--just like my mamaw used to make.

I am reading The Forgotten Garden. We are starting to melt off some of the snow here in Jersey--just in time for the snow/frozen mixture for Mon/Tues.

Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

vtcozy wrote: I have lost control of my Emails  :  ..I hope your trip to the Airport was less frazzled than me.I meant to pick you guys up,but the Limo service gladly came through,,Let us know when you arrive..Ah,The Bahamas..Baileys over Ice Cream for dessert?  Vtc
pen21 wrote:

Thank you! I am ready for the Bahamas. Maybe Debbie will find a guy there that looks like her UPS guy. Debbie is right, we can always buy things there. Sounds like she will be avoiding the bad weather, I will just be avoiding the cold. Off we go to the airport.

pen21(Luanne)

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
pen21
0 Kudos

Banana pudding. Yummm!!!

Good choice for the afternoon.

Seems like we all get a few good days of weather, then more ice/snow/rain.

It has been quite the year.

Thanks for sharing your dessert. pen21

debbaker wrote:

I thought I would jump into the fun. Since it is late afternoon I decided to contribute a southern favorite: banana pudding--just like my mamaw used to make.

I am reading The Forgotten Garden. We are starting to melt off some of the snow here in Jersey--just in time for the snow/frozen mixture for Mon/Tues.

pen21
0 Kudos

So nice of you to try to give us a limo ride. Off we went to the airport. We needed to stock up on a few essentials, like books. Italy for you and Becke, and I bet debbaker will come with you. I think we have to find our hotel. And I have to find where Debbie went. pen21

Vermontcozy wrote:
vtcozy wrote: I have lost control of my Emails  :  ..I hope your trip to the Airport was less frazzled than me.I meant to pick you guys up,but the Limo service gladly came through,,Let us know when you arrive..Ah,The Bahamas..Baileys over Ice Cream for dessert?  Vtc
pen21 wrote:

Thank you! I am ready for the Bahamas. Maybe Debbie will find a guy there that looks like her UPS guy. Debbie is right, we can always buy things there. Sounds like she will be avoiding the bad weather, I will just be avoiding the cold. Off we go to the airport.

pen21(Luanne)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I vote for Cinque Terra! I love Italy and I haven't visited Cinque Terra yet; my son went last year and he said it is gorgeous!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Under the Tuscan Sun Or Tuscany - Florence and Siena are always good!

Under the Tuscan Sun

pen21
0 Kudos

That area looks gorgeous. Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Becke  The Hotel has a Spa,of course,and we will be Pampered,anyone else care to come along...Pen21 and dhaupt are sending us..They are sunning and funning iin "The Bahamas" as I type..Wish we had a Picture!! Hint Hint.....Vtc 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Castles in the Sand  
pen21 wrote:

That area looks gorgeous. Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks.

Amazing..have not been to Italy,just Sweden,..but will certainly go with Becke,and we Thank you for sending us..How are "The Bahama Mama's doing this Am....Must be great "Building Castles in the Sand",such Memories.. BTW  TPS..just received it at PO this am,,yea!! V

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Vtc wrote  Loved the movie,really loved the movie,The Book,not so much.,They were able to make the book come alive,which it didn't for me...We..will visit..and Eat,Shop.and play...Vtc
becke_davis wrote:

Under the Tuscan Sun Or Tuscany - Florence and Siena are always good!

Under the Tuscan Sun

Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

I am up for Italy. The pictures look great! I like the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" as well. Haven't tried to read the book. I have never had the opportunity to really travel yet so ya'll will have to be my mentors. Thanks for the invite!

Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
pen21
0 Kudos

Here is the view from our suite. So nice to sit and read on the veranda and sip drinks with umbrellas in. Wish you all were here.

bahamas

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Vtc wrote: Just Beautiful..Glad the accommodations are up to you standards..Only the Best..(those frequent flyer miles are great,and They upgraded your hotel..Just let me ask you one question..Has Debbie been behaving herself?...Do you want to fly home Sunday or Monday?..
pen21 wrote:

Here is the view from our suite. So nice to sit and read on the veranda and sip drinks with umbrellas in. Wish you all were here.

bahamas

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Vtc Wrote: Welcome,What a delicious looking dessert.!Of course you are invited you We can makes the plans.if you have a special place you would like to visit..Becke is our Travel Agent,pen21 takes care of all the "menus"..She makes sure the Hotels have the best food..Debbie joins us and she is the Authority on "Shopping"finding "Fun".its a new position...Susan..Vtc
debbaker wrote:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'll be the travel agent, but I'm not going to stick around when you lot try to get through airport security. I can see it now - banana pudding and pizzas hidden in the carry-on bags!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Ok,because they just throw a bag of Peanuts at the Passengers,we will bring Small Snacks,mini Quiche,Water Bottles,and Dark,or any kind of Chocolate you desire.In Chic Black Insulated bag...Books..Must bring Books,Becke 4 to 6 not 15,,,will charge us a fortune!!!..My favorite is The Organic Chocolate Espresso Bars"from The World Wildlife Foundation.Available at "Whole Foods".Or whatever you want to satisfy everyone's sweet tooth.Ciao Bella....Vtc Susan aka Gabrielle.Must Bribe Concierge..:  )..

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone....Just got up, after a night of listening to the rains come down, which kept lulling me back to sleep... and found you guys on, or leaving for, vacation!   And eating all that party food without me!....I'm starving!  Pizza anytime, hot or cold,  for me!   I think I missed the ship's take-off, too!   I somehow lost this thread, it got de-floated away from the board.  Must of left on the last jet plane!  I hummed a few bars, and found you, again. 

I received my book on Thursday, while I was out and about having lunch with my daughter, and cutting a new record for you all's vacation entertainment, Karaoke at the bar, with Kay Star!.....and missed the cute UPS guy in the shorts!  Drat!  Our guys wear shorts all year long, here in So.Cal., so they're nice and tan, besides being muscular. [drool]  Hiking around town, delivering their packages. [yum]  :smileyhappy: 

In-between watching the Olympics, I read a couple of chapters.  No comments for now.

I'm not sure how much goodies I can sneak through the security at the airport, so I'm sending them by mail to our destinations.  Virtual calories don't count, Becke!  But what I am craving right now is, someplace where I can relax, and get a full body massage by some hunk with gentle hands!  Soft music, and a glass of Pinot Noir!  Do you think that's too much to ask for?  If it is, I'll do without the glass of wine!  :smileyvery-happy:

Soon,

KS