Reply
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Thank you. I will stop by. I have lurked over in the Kingdom.

See you in the Bahamas.

 


KathyS wrote:

Luanne, you are invited to the Kingdom, at any time you wish to come.  Become a part of our Kingdom, and a room will always be waiting, any time, day or night.  Everyone is welcome.  You don't need a special invitation from me.  We will give those who come to our court, a title.  This title remains with you always.

 

The Wordsmith Words is our newspaper, and you can read it to see what is happening at this moment.  Guests are arriving, as I speak, but they will  probably be melted by the time we get back from the Bahamas.  Which means, the pools will need to be drained of some of its water, and the saunas squeegeed out.  Minor problems to deal with, but pools are always heated, winter or summer!  It is just that the snowmen will not have figured it out until it is too late.

 

I will see you soon, with bikni in one hand, and my book in the other!

 

QM, Kathy


 

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Boneshaker:  Gasp!  Gasp!  Sputter! Cough!  Gasp! Sputter! Cough------Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrurp-puke!   :smileysad: Sorry, I'll clean it up.  :smileyvery-happy:
pen21 wrote:

Top three books thinking fast -

 

Shanghai Girls  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Boneshaker  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bury Me Deep

  

 


 

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

I know you didn't like that one. I raced through that book.

Isn't it funny how one book can be viewed so many different ways.

But I know exactly what you mean, if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work.

No problem though. With these boards there are so many recommendations to choose from.

 

 


KathyS wrote:
Boneshaker:  Gasp!  Gasp!  Sputter! Cough!  Gasp! Sputter! Cough------Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrurp-puke!   :smileysad: Sorry, I'll clean it up.  :smileyvery-happy:

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

I knew you liked that book, that's why I was teasing you.  I hope I didn't offend you, I was trying to be funny...sometimes misguided, I guess.  I wouldn't have made fun like that if you were a complete stranger.  :smileyhappy:  I like you, and I'm not here to alienate people from reading any of these wonderful books.  Actually, it wasn't a half bad read, it did keep me going, it was just strange...Even Paul agreed with me (in a PM) that it was environmentally motivated and driven.  I'm used to character driven, within environments.  In that book, it was so far out in left field, I couldn't catch the drift of it's whole meaning...because I don't think it really had any.  It was pure entertainment, with an ending that didn't make sense to me.  But, that's just me.  I re-write a lot of books I read!  :smileyvery-happy:

 

I'm just in one of my goofy moods today...I'm getting punchy, actually....time to quit for the night.  I've been on this computer all day....and I was just informed that Frosty had his hat stolen, so I must head back to the Kingdom and see what that's about.  He came a long way to be at this winter festival, we may ask him back next year, so I must attend to my duties...then head to bed! 

 

Nite, Nite....sleep tight.....sweet dreams!

 

Kathy


pen21 wrote:

I know you didn't like that one. I raced through that book.

Isn't it funny how one book can be viewed so many different ways.

But I know exactly what you mean, if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work.

No problem though. With these boards there are so many recommendations to choose from.

 

 


KathyS wrote:
Boneshaker:  Gasp!  Gasp!  Sputter! Cough!  Gasp! Sputter! Cough------Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrurp-puke!   :smileysad: Sorry, I'll clean it up.  :smileyvery-happy:

 


 

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

No problem.  :smileyvery-happy: You have to be honest. It was a strange little world in that book.

I hope you find Frosty's hat. I am sure it is very valuable.

See you on the beach.

 


KathyS wrote:
I knew you liked that book, that's why I was teasing you.  I hope I didn't offend you, I was trying to be funny...sometimes misguided, I guess.  I wouldn't have made fun like that if you were a complete stranger.  :smileyhappy:  I like you, and I'm not here to alienate people from reading any of these wonderful books.  Actually, it wasn't a half bad read, it did keep me going, it was just strange...Even Paul agreed with me (in a PM) that it was environmentally motivated and driven.  I'm used to character driven, within environments.  In that book, it was so far out in left field, I couldn't catch the drift of it's whole meaning...because I don't think it really had any.  It was pure entertainment, with an ending that didn't make sense to me.  But, that's just me.  I re-write a lot of books I read!  :smileyvery-happy:

 

I'm just in one of my goofy moods today...I'm getting punchy, actually....time to quit for the night.  I've been on this computer all day....and I was just informed that Frosty had his hat stolen, so I must head back to the Kingdom and see what that's about.  He came a long way to be at this winter festival, we may ask him back next year, so I must attend to my duties...then head to bed! 

 

Nite, Nite....sleep tight.....sweet dreams!

 

Kathy


pen21 wrote:

I know you didn't like that one. I raced through that book.

Isn't it funny how one book can be viewed so many different ways.

But I know exactly what you mean, if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work.

No problem though. With these boards there are so many recommendations to choose from.

 

 


KathyS wrote:
Boneshaker:  Gasp!  Gasp!  Sputter! Cough!  Gasp! Sputter! Cough------Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrurp-puke!   :smileysad: Sorry, I'll clean it up.  :smileyvery-happy:

 


 


 

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,676
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

No one has  to move - we can party as much as you want. I just feel as if I'm slacking off if I don't promote some books while I'm here!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Becke..Don't be silly,in fact it ties into all of our Trips.Just have coffee ready,and we will hang out and keep you company here..Its been so much fun,I think "The Girls" are coming in tonight..Must make arrangements to pick them up,I suppose they will be in no shape to drive..Long trip..2 stopovers..Vtc...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club


pen21 wrote:

I have been lurking. checking out the books. These are all new to me too.

 


KathyS wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Have any of you stopped in to chat with our visiting authors this month? Debra Webb is here now - she's really nice, but kind of lonely. No one is talking to her!


 

Becke, I'd love to, but I don't know any of these authors...I've lead a sheltered life, or else I don't read romance mysteries.  Sorry, I wish I could help you out.


 Me too Becke,but I have never read any of her books,I did drop in to say Hi to Carla Neggers,and we did chat with Heather Webber..Will check your Author Visits again..I don.t read many romance,March and April..Jonathan Kellerman on The Mystery Board should be pretty crowded..Vtc..Susan


 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

No,you must share!! Doug,first on the Left,is a Great Swimmer!! "Moonlight In The Bahamas"..I only know that because pen21 told me  :  )

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club


pen21 wrote:

I totally agree with you on that! Laurels on that post!

 


KathyS wrote:
Those are cool cupcakes!  But I think I'll go with Becke's Cabana Cupcakes!  :smileyhappy:
pen21 wrote:

I will have cupcakes ready when everyone arrives. pen21

 

beach cupcakes


 

Love the Cupcakes,yummy,also yummy is Doug..Sorry,I told Becke,but we are all Friends..Glad you enjoyed your Trip..Vtc...

 

 


 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club


pen21 wrote:

Yes Becke surprised Debbie and I, found us at the Hunka Monka Room. So now we are sipping our drinks and waiting for all of you. Everyone needs to be here.

Vermontcozy please pick up Kathy and debbaker and anyone else??? and get to the airport. There is another suite next door with many bedrooms and adjoining verandas.

Kathy what a nice invitation to the kingdom. How about a return party. Since half of us are already sunning ourselves in the Bahamas. After the return trip we could use a sauna and heated pools while we get acclimated back to cold weather.

See you all soon. pen21(Luanne)

 

beachPen..That is just the Perfect Picture to remember "The Bahanas"..Lots of Reggae,lots of sun,lots of fun..and the Food,  The Best,Cabana Boys live in Wyoming.They own a ranch..Called 'The Ranch",not very creative,but they were fun...next Trip..Vtc  Susan,,


 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Becke,

You know we have books wherever we go, even our virtual trips. And that we are always talking about the books, what we like/dislike/hate/love. We just love talking about books.

I liked the quick questions, top three books you can remember from last year. Great question. Really makes you think about all the books I read, that I have to really think about before remembering. How could I have forgotten The Road.

We will just be visiting the Kingdom after our Bahama trip to see what people are reading in the Kingdom.

So much coming up on the mystery board this year. And I am sure you have noticed all the lurkers, snooping in. If one month doesn't have my particular taste, I am still lurking looking to see if it is a new author I want to check out.

 

They have brought breakfast to munch on as everyone gets up. Hope everyone gets here soon. Another beautiful day. Luanne.

 

breakfast buffet

 

 

 


becke_davis wrote:

No one has  to move - we can party as much as you want. I just feel as if I'm slacking off if I don't promote some books while I'm here!


 

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club


pen21 wrote:

Becke,

You know we have books wherever we go, even our virtual trips. And that we are always talking about the books, what we like/dislike/hate/love. We just love talking about books.

I liked the quick questions, top three books you can remember from last year. Great question. Really makes you think about all the books I read, that I have to really think about before remembering. How could I have forgotten The Road.

We will just be visiting the Kingdom after our Bahama trip to see what people are reading in the Kingdom.

So much coming up on the mystery board this year. And I am sure you have noticed all the lurkers, snooping in. If one month doesn't have my particular taste, I am still lurking looking to see if it is a new author I want to check out.

 

They have brought breakfast to munch on as everyone gets up. Hope everyone gets here soon. Another beautiful day. Luanne.

 

breakfast buffet

 

 vtcozy wrote..Looks like the best ever..Lets save this for  another time as well..Glad we are supportive of one another and respect each others Taste in Books..Last 50 pages BIF.Need a support group for sure to finish..Pineapple,,Yum and yum  So sweet..Thanks Pen for making sure we eat well,Becke so we read well.and all who have been on this Bahama Junket,for being so open to our Last Minute Plans.."The Ranch In Wyoming is next..Are you open to that?,'Ranch Hands,Ranch Owners,surely a Romance or 2,3,4 Book 's can be Posted...We will wait though,just give me the dates and Becke will Book it..Or I can, Becke is busy, we are a Team"I know them now..Bye,and Happy Sunday..Susan Vtc

 


becke_davis wrote:

No one has  to move - we can party as much as you want. I just feel as if I'm slacking off if I don't promote some books while I'm here!


 

 


 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,676
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

[ Edited ]

I definitely take books everywhere I go. It's the one thing that's making me seriously think about investing in a nook. (I know we're just supposed to call it "nook" but it doesn't sound right to me.) I pay for overweight luggage every da. . .rn time I travel because I read about a book a day and I have to have my daily book fix! I should know by now that I'm going to buy books wherever I go -- I should bring a book or two and buy the rest wherever I'm going. BUT WHAT WOULD I DO IF THERE WAS NO BOOKSTORE??

 

Anyway, thanks for the buffet - I took mine to the beach (of course, that's not me in the photo!)

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

becke.Have you tried 'nook'..Its the only way to tell,for me anyway..I did go to my daughters BN in Latham,NY..and well,I am still on the fence..pen21 likes hers,and my daughter is going that way..but that was last week..Considering our trip to 'Italy",and Wyoming,and all the Traveling we will be doing..Have you tried any"Reader"...Must Love/like to use..I am so full...later..Vtc,Susan.
becke_davis wrote:

I definitely take books everywhere I go. It's the one thing that's making me seriously think about investing in a nook. (I know we're just supposed to call it "nook" but it doesn't sound right to me.) I pay for overweight luggage every da. . .rn time I travel because I read about a book a day and I have to have my daily book fix! I should know by now that I'm going to buy books wherever I go -- I should bring a book or two and buy the rest wherever I'm going. BUT WHAT WOULD I DO IF THERE WAS NO BOOKSTORE??

 

Anyway, thanks for the buffet - I took mine to the beach (of course, that's not me in the photo!)

 


 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
Posts: 6,893
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

I'm pooped!  The last thing I remember is climbing in the back seat of that limo...I think there was a hot tub in it, I'm not sure, but I woke up this morning on the beach, naked, with a snowman sitting on my feet, tickling them!  Or was I dreaming this?  I thought I was going back to the Kingdom last night, to sort out that theft of Frosty's hat, but somewhere in-between that last umbrella drink and this morning....it's all a blur! 

 

Thanks for setting out that beautiful breakfast, Luanne.  I had pancakes, bacon and sausage....and hot tea.  It hit the spot!  Delicious!  My head is clearing now.

 

I'm going to grab my book, some of that pineapple, and a warm spot on the sand....I'll be heading back home this afternoon, to the castle, to tend to my guests.  Frosty can live without his magic hat for a few more hours.  He wasn't leaving the party, at least for another couple of days.  I'll see if Lady TiggerBear can figure out that mystery.  Or maybe you guys can help TiggerBear find his hat for him?  We don't deal with a lot of thefts in the Kingdom, except for a few shenanigans by the trolls, Rolly Pollys, gnomes and Tinkerbell.  The kitchen staff is always missing something they've just baked!

 

Soon,

QM-KS

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,676
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Vermont - my husband bought a nook last week and he's barely put it down since. He's been on a reading frenzy - says it makes reading a lot easier for him. 

 

I would probably still mainly stick to books (since I have hundreds in my TBR pile) but it would be handy when I'm traveling.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Vtc Wrote..Funny you should mention your husband and his "Affair" with nook.A similar situation is occurring in a friends house with theirs,or should I say HIS,,,Thinks its the best invention since The Computer....V....
Beck_Davis wrote:

Vermont - my husband bought a nook last week and he's barely put it down since. He's been on a reading frenzy - says it makes reading a lot easier for him. 

 

I would probably still mainly stick to books (since I have hundreds in my TBR pile) but it would be handy when I'm traveling.


 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,676
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

It's like having a golf husband, but I think the nook will be less expensive in the long run!

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Kathy,

Glad you could spend the day with us. Only scenery and food pictures are being taken on this trip. So no need to worry where you woke up. Have a good trip back this afternoon. Good luck finding Frosty's hat. I am glad we all went to the restaurant for a late brunch.

 

buffet