Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,012
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

 

Suze, your order came in and I'll hold it for you whenever you want to pick it up.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,653
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

 


maxcat wrote:

Suze, that sounds like a good idea! Facials, pizza, sleepover and jammies!


 

 

I will be there. I will bring the smores.

How about beverages? What are we in the mood for?

 

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Pizza Party

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

crzynwrd4lf wrote:

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Poor Jim. I wondered where he has been lately as I think Friday was the last time he checked in with us. I always look forward to his comments to individuals and I hope he is okay and will get better!


 

maxcat..Just so Jim Knows we are Thinking About him..And We Do Care,like he is Having His favorite Biscottis at The Cafe...At work, so will email or an e card..He is stuck with us as Neurotic as we are. When one of us IS MIA.We feel the empty Chair at the Cafe,and Jim has not been in in since you said..4,5 days ago  POSTED  ON "THE MIMOSA WELLNESS CENTER" Please Schedule check-ups..Dr..Clooney will be back next WENESDAY  7/21..WILL BE HAVING TAI CHI IN THE AM ON tHE BEACH..COMFORTABLE CLOTHES LIGHTWEIGHT...Thank You 'THE WELLNESS CENTER STAFF...


 

ooooooooo I find Tai Chi very relaxing and energizing all at once my palms always tingle afterwards though. Kayla

 


 

:smileyhappy::womanwink:My Body is so relaxed and also full of energy when I do a Class.as well KaylaKK...I have a DVD as well.Definitely a stress reliever...So The Beach Of Mimosa Island..By The Dunes.Say Friday 7/16.  "Tai Chi". 6pm..Its a Good Time for all..and right before Our Sleepover at My House.Patti Suggested it.....I was Thinking "Pizza" again since its soo good.and TBear has a secret Sauce..pen can you bring The Smores?..I will have Plenty of Iced Tea,and Post what ever else all of you Islanders want..So when I go shopping at The Organic Market..I will have a List...Maybe Lucinda will join us..In Spirit..Would love to watch The Cave Exploration" as well..I think.the last time I saw it,there was a Ghostly Figure lurking in the background..And Cute Shoes...Please ck your BAG At My Door,will lock it away....NO POTIONS..OK???DebGa  I hope you bring Your Navy Seal New Beau...He seems smitten with you,since you were 'Vacationing with him..He told Brian "Luannes"Friend'who told MonacoBoy"..Kayla's"Friend"..maxcat..We have Ginger Iced Tea for you and Will Have Jim  to Think about,so he can Feel Our Good Energy..Later Suze....


Got a couple new sauces to try out. And this new Peruvian cheese that one is to use as the sauce. Just got a shipment of organic cured meats from Poleirmo too. And this BBQ Duck pizza recipe I been wanting to test on an audience. (happy sigh) Ah pizza..
Be sure to pick up the crate of key limes for the key west lime-aid, and the blood oranges for the sangria.
I love Tai Chi, promise not to laugh when I fall over at the end! Always do, I get the giggles for some reason.

 

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

This is for Suze - I'll meet you there later:

 


 

OMG,OMG Becke..I do need my Bare Essentials..Light..And One Laura Mercier Lipgloss..How did you know..Let me catch my Breath..And Skin Care..DDF,which to me is always The Key".ok I name Drop but I wear so little Make-up well Mac Strada Blush..Its Just So Amazing to see all The new "Stuff"..Catching my Breath..Is Not Jessie with you? I am better now..You Rock Cute Shoes,But as Cool as you are" Please No Drink Spiking at The Friday Night Sleepover..If any Cave,Ghost exploring goes on We Could Lose TBear and maxcat and Patti too.......although,I believe TBear could probably hold her own.To quote TBear"Is The Sky Blue"  ?...Danka B....


 

I'm waiting on an equipment delivey before the next cave crawl. (shrug) No idea when it'll get here, that's the problem ordering things out of Tibet.

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

 


pen21 wrote:

 


becke_davis wrote:

Word has gotten out about Luanne's special Ginger Peach Tea (what IS her secret ingredient?), and the demand is so great she's had to open a tea room on the island:

 

 


 

 

That is a great picture Becke of the new tea shop. Thank you!

Secret recipes (especially the Ginger Peach Tea recipe) will not be given out. Brian and I make the tea in the locked tea lab.

To celebrate the grand opening High tea with bubbly will be served. And of course those little sandwiches with the crust cut off. Why do they cut the crust off?

Luanne and Brian

 

 


 

 

Most of bread's flavor is in the crust. Remove crust, make bread more subtle, delicate, a near non presence.

 

Truthfully though from the side of one who's made thousands of those per event, for hundreds of those events. It's bloody quick to slice off the crust first vs. trying to cut through the crust after assembly. I expect either someone was originally trying to hurry up, or someone was just trying to hide burnt crust.

 

Since you asked.:smileyhappy:

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,279
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo


pen21 wrote:

 


maxcat wrote:

Suze, that sounds like a good idea! Facials, pizza, sleepover and jammies!


 

 

I will be there. I will bring the smores.

How about beverages? What are we in the mood for?

 

 


 

So Glad.We will have fun!!!!..Secret  Pinky Swear? EVERYONE?..Do not Post Drinks Yet, Last Minute is Better     ,Becke/CuteShoes/Our Resident "Potion Lady"..Will Spike The Drinks" She will deny it and She she looks so Innocent,So Just Bring what you Like,and Hide them in The Fridge in The Basement..She won't go down there.... I have So many as well...Look at DebGa,Looks Like an "Angel"..Now That she has turned over a New Leaf"..she seems to be on The Path to Leading a Great Life with her Navy Seal...Time will Tell He is so CUTE.!!!..Becke is Busy and she will Just come over to my house at 7ish...TBear...will Bring some Movies...Like 5..She will pick out Good Ones as Our Resident A&E..Reporter...And If it was up to me I would just Devour The Smores  But Pizza? 6 Pies?We never know who might show up...Kayla and Monaco Boy Ted are going sailing all day..But will be Back by 6,7ish..Patti,maxcat,Luanne.a bit Earlier..TBear will be there when she can..We always wait for her to start......If I left anything out..Just Add to it..Later..Suze..Still waiting on a Word or 2 from Jim....Bring all  "Your Babies".My Playroom is AirConditioned and has Lots of Dog/Cat Toys  They all Play so well..Fun to watch....Jammies  Yes We always have a Great time you Guys are So Fun....Patti and maxcat get cold.so bring sweaters,girls..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

 


crzynwrd4lf wrote:

 


pen21 wrote:

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

I heard you just opened a make-up shop on the island, too, Suze - very snazzy!

 


 

Suze, will you have the MAC lip gloss. I don't wear much makeup either. But I love their lip gloss. I always need to stop at the MOA MAC to see what is new. The Shop looks very glamourous.  Luanne

 


 

Lipgloss for me too! I can't wear makeup (sensitive skin) even the mineral stuff, but I always keep lipgloss with me-- it's a must!

 


 

Sun-screen and lip gloss or chapstick for me. I break out too easily. It has to be REALLY special for me to put on eyeliner. Now nail polish that's another story.

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

 


maxcat wrote:

Sorry, Tigger, I get concerned, not stressed, when someone just disappears for a while.


 

 

Oh no need to apologize. I find it humorous.:smileywink: and touching.

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,279
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)


TiggerBear wrote:

 


crzynwrd4lf wrote:

 


pen21 wrote:

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

I heard you just opened a make-up shop on the island, too, Suze - very snazzy!

 


 

Suze, will you have the MAC lip gloss. I don't wear much makeup either. But I love their lip gloss. I always need to stop at the MOA MAC to see what is new. The Shop looks very glamourous.  Luanne

 


 

Lipgloss for me too! I can't wear makeup (sensitive skin) even the mineral stuff, but I always keep lipgloss with me-- it's a must!

 


 

Sun-screen and lip gloss or chapstick for me. I break out too easily. It has to be REALLY special for me to put on eyeliner. Now nail polish that's another story.

 


 

Will Stock Your Fave Color's..Just Post a List  I can Get it All.....Re: Mark your Calendar';s  FRIDAY  NIGHT "Sleepover at My House..Its all on a Post  Can you Bring 5 Movies I already ordered Your Pizza from your market..6 pies....If you Bring any Drinks..Store it in Fridge in Basement..Away from The Potion Maven...She just received a Package from The POffice from California..Where she gets all her"Potions from" Way up in The Hills above Mill Valley Calif....Very Potent..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,279
Registered: ‎10-20-2008

Re: News about Jim Colombo


TiggerBear wrote:

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

This is for Suze - I'll meet you there later:

 


 

OMG,OMG Becke..I do need my Bare Essentials..Light..And One Laura Mercier Lipgloss..How did you know..Let me catch my Breath..And Skin Care..DDF,which to me is always The Key".ok I name Drop but I wear so little Make-up well Mac Strada Blush..Its Just So Amazing to see all The new "Stuff"..Catching my Breath..Is Not Jessie with you? I am better now..You Rock Cute Shoes,But as Cool as you are" Please No Drink Spiking at The Friday Night Sleepover..If any Cave,Ghost exploring goes on We Could Lose TBear and maxcat and Patti too.......although,I believe TBear could probably hold her own.To quote TBear"Is The Sky Blue"  ?...Danka B....


 

I'm waiting on an equipment delivey before the next cave crawl. (shrug) No idea when it'll get here, that's the problem ordering things out of Tibet.

 


 

TBear Check Mimosa Warehouse and Storage..# 42  Its where all The Hardware and Equiptment is stored.George/Charlie/Don Have been there all week sorting everything out. Luanne has the key..But the guys have been there all week..I check on them sometimes..and bring them Take-out from the Cafe..George is Don's Older Brother..He was a Hardware Mogul..Off Island..He made millions selling nuts and bolts..Hes retired now..Lives in seclusion near The Cliffs..But Hardware is his Love..Charlie is another Brother,but no one talks about him too much..call their Cell..Luanne has that # as well.Suze...They just got in these Amazing Hiking Boots..Now must go to Sephora and get us all LipGloss..Just waiting for Becke..and Luanne  I dont use mac lipgloss..But she does..so I need a Color choice...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,653
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

 


crzynwrd4lf wrote:

 


pen21 wrote:

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

I heard you just opened a make-up shop on the island, too, Suze - very snazzy!

 


 

Suze, will you have the MAC lip gloss. I don't wear much makeup either. But I love their lip gloss. I always need to stop at the MOA MAC to see what is new. The Shop looks very glamourous.  Luanne

 


 

Lipgloss for me too! I can't wear makeup (sensitive skin) even the mineral stuff, but I always keep lipgloss with me-- it's a must!

 


 

Sun-screen and lip gloss or chapstick for me. I break out too easily. It has to be REALLY special for me to put on eyeliner. Now nail polish that's another story.

 


 

Will Stock Your Fave Color's..Just Post a List  I can Get it All.....Re: Mark your Calendar';s  FRIDAY  NIGHT "Sleepover at My House..Its all on a Post  Can you Bring 5 Movies I already ordered Your Pizza from your market..6 pies....If you Bring any Drinks..Store it in Fridge in Basement..Away from The Potion Maven...She just received a Package from The POffice from California..Where she gets all her"Potions from" Way up in The Hills above Mill Valley Calif....Very Potent..


 

 

Ok, There are many good choices, but right now My favorites for MAC lip gloss are :

Full For You - Plushglass

Boy Bait - CremesheenGlass

Ever So Rich - CremesheenGlass

 

Also for lips please stock Aquaphor a product of Eucerin. It is a must have. Especially in the winter or any time for dry lips. I always put it in the Christmas stockings.

Thanks for letting me give my input, Luanne

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

maxcat, I leave on the 30th. Our WadeFest is the 31st and 1st of Aug. It should be a lot of fun.

 

I had fun last year.

 

I am coming to the island. Should be there soon. Callie is coming with me. We should be there soon.

 

See you soon.

 

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,653
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

 


TiggerBear wrote:

Sun-screen and lip gloss or chapstick for me. I break out too easily. It has to be REALLY special for me to put on eyeliner. Now nail polish that's another story.

 


 

For nail polish my new favorite is MAC Nightfall. It is a great color and has a great brush to apply the nail polish. I do keep my toes polished.

 

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

Vermontcozy, I am coming. Callie and I are on our way.

 

We need so island time badly. Busy week at work.

 

I am so ready for the sleepover. It should be so much fun.

 

I need to check in with Carla at the store. Drop Callie off at the house and let her play in her playroom.

 

I am ready for a nice meal at the cafe.

 

See you soon.

 

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,653
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

 


ReadingPatti wrote:

Vermontcozy, I am coming. Callie and I are on our way.

 

We need so island time badly. Busy week at work.

 

I am so ready for the sleepover. It should be so much fun.

 

I need to check in with Carla at the store. Drop Callie off at the house and let her play in her playroom.

 

I am ready for a nice meal at the cafe.

 

See you soon.

 

ReadingPatti


 

I am ready too. I have the smore supplies. I will bring my puppies, they love to play with their friends. Sounds like TiggerBear has the pies and beverages under control. Suze has the location. Party !!!

 

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,012
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

Luanne, think of something good but not too sweet. We do want to sleep some.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,653
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

 


maxcat wrote:

Luanne, think of something good but not too sweet. We do want to sleep some.


 

 

OK, TiggerBear I need some help here. Good, but not too sweet.

Got any good ideas for us?

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,012
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Cave Exploration

[ Edited ]

Tigger, I was just going to ask you about cave exploration. What kind of equipment are you ordering?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006

Callie's Party Animal Friends

[ Edited ]

Callie better get here soon - her friends are going wild!

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

I hope Jim doesn't mind me sharing his latest update:

 

Hi Becke, 
I have just returned home from my scan this morning. I do feel much better today. I am breathing a bit better, but they drained a lot of fluid from my lungs so I should be. I should get some results by the end of the week. The nurse wasn't running around shouting "OH MY GOD!" so I take that as a good sign. :smileyhappy:
 
I guess that the trick is to now figure out what caused the back up of the fluids into my lungs in the first place, and how to prevent it from happening again. I'm still voting for some nasty virus or such. 
 
I can't tell you how many get well emails I received from everyone today, nor can I convey how good it made me feel. Everyone is so kind, so wonderful! It really makes me feel better knowing that everyone is sending their best for me. Please tell them thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you! Thank you! 
 
I'm not doing much writing, but I am doing a little reading in between naps so I guess that is a good thing. 
 
I'll keep you posted as best as I can. Thanks for everything. 
 
Jim