Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Jimcolombo

Re: Callie's Party Animal Friends

Hi and good morning to all

Well ... It's been a bit interesting for me lately. I am out of the hospital and resting at home. I do feel better and my spirits are up (Thanks to all of you!).

I am breathing better, but still have a cough and I feel like napping a lot.

I had a scan yesterday and I am waiting for those results. 

The reason that my doctor is being careful is that I have a history of non-hodgkins lymphoma. He wants to make sure about that ... That said there seems to be NO evidence of that at all. My blood counts are good and the initial analysis of the fluid taken from my lungs do NOT show any signs of it.

That being said we still need scan results, and of course we need to know why there was so much fluid in my lungs in the first place. No answers yet.

I cannot tell all of you how touched I was to receive all of your get well wishes. Golly- it made me burst with warm feelings. Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!!!!

I'm sure that it won't be long until I am up and back to full speed. I'll keep you posted the best I can, or will let Becke know the latest. I never imagined that when I joined this little club that I would make so many great friends! You are all truly a blessing ...

Jim

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Jim,

Thanks for spending the time to stop by and keep us updated.

We are thinking of you.

Luanne

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Callie and Sheba are playing hide and seek with your dogs, Luanne

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: News about Jim Colombo

That's for me, Tigger, everything I can eat.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

You know Suze will eat it all before we even sit down to eat.

pen21

[ Edited ]

maxcat wrote:

Callie and Sheba are playing hide and seek with your dogs, Luanne

Mika may not be the best hide and seek player. She only has one eye.

She thinks no one can see her if she hides half her face.

Mika does real well with one eye, but she does get in some funny situations at times.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

[ Edited ]

Eadie, I'm reading Drawing in the Dust  and I have The Passage  in my TBR list. I hope to finish DITD before the Fiction Club starts it next month. July is going fast for me; don't have enough time in the day between finishing a cute eyelet cardigan and starting a winter afghan and reading.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Great idea about the puzzles. I can order some puzzles, both children and adult and see how they do. I have done a couple of Thomas Kincaide's puzzles, Patti, but they were 1000 piecers

becke_davis
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Callie better get here soon - her friends are going wild!

Where did the cats put my dogs???

Some of them are over here - the black dog with the blue collar looks like my Maggie.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Hello Jim!!!!!

[ Edited ]

JIm, I'm so glad you posted. The blessing is that you are well enough to post in the first place.

How can we not all wish you well, you are a part of this very big circle of friends.

The blessing is you!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, Jim. Great to hear that you are up and about. We missed your daily posting and its individuality. I hope that the doctors find out what is going on as I'm sure that will give you peace of mind. You do sound good...I'm not saying great as you usually have thought provoking postings and I miss them. Need anything looked up lately as you probably tire easily. I'll be glad to help if I can. We miss you and will save your seat. No one will sit in it but you. Plus we'll save some biscotti and whatever else you need. Just let us know!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Luanne, I never knew about that. I have seen dogs with one eye and was told that the dog adapts to the loss and does well with one eye.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

pen21 wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Luanne, think of something good but not too sweet. We do want to sleep some.

OK, TiggerBear I need some help here. Good, but not too sweet.

Got any good ideas for us?

Melon with Prosciutto, roasted fresh coconut chunks, roasted apples with brown sugar and melted cheddar, lavender rosemary ice cream.... I could go on here......

No luck finding pictures of the roasted fresh coconut chunks - Tigger, do you have a recipe for the apples? That sounds delicious! Not finding pictures of the ice cream, either, but I can find something close.

becke_davis

maxcat wrote:

I'll bring Sheba but Max is not a party animal. He will hide under something, anything to avoid being seen.

I think it's funny that when cats hide they seem to think they are invisible!

Some of the dogs like to hide behind costumes . . .

halloween-dog-costumes.jpg dog party image by ourluciddream07

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

:womanhappy:Good Morning  I had to tell you all that I named the shop.."Very Snazzy"..pen had said that in one of her posts,and it stuck..Grand Opening..Not Sure,but will let everyone know..Excited..And Will Stock those MAC Lipglosses for all to try..pen knows her MAC..I just saw Patti go into the Cafe...So I will join her,and chat..Later..Suze...Going off Island today for a while..Getting our "Spa Headbands for our Facials..Anyone need anything,leave me a List..Still in my OMG..moment

These guys approve:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: The First Look Book Club Holding Room & Party Central (with apologies to Paul)

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

This is for Eadie, who's been busy reading lately:

Yes, that certainly looks like me this week. I am currently reading

The Accidental Bestseller  

This was suggested by someone on The Writing Circle Board and it is really good! I am really enjoying it! Check it out and put it in your TBR pile. You won't be disappointed!

I haveon order

Island of Lost Girls 

and I am getting ready to read:

The Passage  

and

Drawing in the Dust

I am also working on a writing project. I live in a small town with a lot of political contention. I am writing an expose about the happenings in my town changing the names and making light of the situations and it is pretty funny. My friends are enjoying it since we all know who the characters represent and it helps to laugh at the different situations.

I am by no means proclaiming to be a writer but it's good practice!

If it's published online, post the link!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Makeup Mad

[ Edited ]

dhaupt wrote:

Becke, thank you for the news from Jim. I am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

Suze, I've never tried Sephora make-up, what am I missing?

The rest of you have a great day.

Sephora? Oooooh, Debbie. Don't ask . . . 

Sephora

Some of my favorites:

LoungeEyeshadowMetal Eyed Liquid Shimmer Eyeliner

becke_davis

Welcome Back, Jim!

Jim - I know you aren't back to full strength, but it's still good to see you here!

welcome_back_aaq.gif

pen21
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Luanne, I never knew about that. I have seen dogs with one eye and was told that the dog adapts to the loss and does well with one eye.

Mika does really well with one  eye. She does run into things once in awhile, but that is usually because she is excited and playing. Mika had eye trouble since birth, the condition is called KCS which affects that whole side of her head. Her eye was removed last December. Dogs recover quickly. Most people don't even notice. Here is a picture of my Japanese Chins. Mika is the older one. The little one is Emi, she was just a puppy in this picture. Mika was and still is Emi's protector. Luanne

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Awww! My aunt had a cat who lived for nearly twenty years, even though she was hit by a car when she was really young and lost a leg and part of her jaw. She was a really sweet cat.