Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

pen21 wrote:

Nicole Peeler is great. Kayla wasn't it fun, Jane is wonderful. Check out the paranormal posts on the 2 books. January is a long time to wait for Tempests Legacy.

Tempest Rising is great, having fun reading that. Is Nicole going to extend the legacy beyond her third book?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Frustrating day

Becke wrote:

Oh yes, but mine continues. They totally shut off the water last night around 10pm, I got up at 5:30, no water. We luckily have a well so I could at least fill buckets to flush the toilet. At 6am they turned it on, it trickled so I couldn't shower. I stood in the tub with the water dripping and took a sponge bath. Yuck!!!!!!! I only hope they find the problem and are able to fix it fast. Gosh I hate being without water, I think I'd rather have a power outage.

Poor Becke! We had our water turned off in the middle of the night a month ago and you could hear all the water draining through the pipes. Evidently there was an emergency that the city had to do at the end of our street. We got up the next morning to no water and it wasn't turned back on until 3PM.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

Congrats, Kayla! you are going to love your prize! Happy Skating!

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Nicole Peeler is great. Kayla wasn't it fun, Jane is wonderful. Check out the paranormal posts on the 2 books. January is a long time to wait for Tempests Legacy.

Tempest Rising is great, having fun reading that. Is Nicole going to extend the legacy beyond her third book?

I think she has a contract for 3 more Tempest Rising. I can't find where I posted that  on the paranormal board. But don't worry, Jane will be around for awhile.

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Sunny and warming up some. It's pretty if nothing else.

Luanne- I'm glad that you are ready for discussion, but I believe that it is happening in September not February. I'll need to confirm with Deb.

Becke/ Deb- I feel for both of you with utilities out. Let's us know how much we depend on them.

Maxcat- I really hope TS earl misses you. No need to see him close up.

Patti- Thanks for keeping island home ready for me.

Tbear- Anytime a watermain looses pressure, the chance for bacteria to grow is magnified. Your community should boil if pressure is off for more than a few hours. They probably try to boost chlorine levels, but I'm not sure that is effective. (I used to work for city engineering department. That is why I have this specific set of useless knowledge!) HEHE

Hope everyone has a great day! have fun!

Jim

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke wrote:

Oh yes, but mine continues. They totally shut off the water last night around 10pm, I got up at 5:30, no water. We luckily have a well so I could at least fill buckets to flush the toilet. At 6am they turned it on, it trickled so I couldn't shower. I stood in the tub with the water dripping and took a sponge bath. Yuck!!!!!!! I only hope they find the problem and are able to fix it fast. Gosh I hate being without water, I think I'd rather have a power outage.

Poor Becke! We had our water turned off in the middle of the night a month ago and you could hear all the water draining through the pipes. Evidently there was an emergency that the city had to do at the end of our street. We got up the next morning to no water and it wasn't turned back on until 3PM.

Max - this was actually Debbie's quote, it looks like the "quote" function is acting up again!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Outages and more

Everything is back to normal here, but I think Debbie is still roughing it. Poor Deb!

Jim, Glad to see you back!

Well, I'm back from a lovely lunch with a friend. It went on a little longer than anticipated - I didn't realize my watch had stopped! Why is it that watch batteries all die at once?

pen21
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Luanne- I'm glad that you are ready for discussion, but I believe that it is happening in September not February. I'll need to confirm with Deb.

Becke/ Deb- I feel for both of you with utilities out. Let's us know how much we depend on them.

Tbear- Anytime a watermain looses pressure, the chance for bacteria to grow is magnified. Your community should boil if pressure is off for more than a few hours. They probably try to boost chlorine levels, but I'm not sure that is effective. (I used to work for city engineering department. That is why I have this specific set of useless knowledge!) HEHE

Jim

Jim,

Thank you correcting that. Yes it is September. Don't know what I was thinking.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Jim

Jim are you getting ready for your bbq w/ family this weekend.

And yes the discussion is for September and I saw down below that Luanne knew it she was just having a senior moment (like I do all the time).

I'm glad you're feeling up to having guests, hope you have big fun.

My hubby called, water is on, but (always a but) we're under conservation and a boil order for the weekend. Great, I have laundry to do, thank heavens I bought one of those front loaders from LG for water savings.

The rest of you have a great weekend.

Oh and Suze, I think my bad ways has rubbed off on you, you wild woman. ;-)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Debbie - will the washing machine heat the water enough to sanitize it? We've had boil water orders before and they are such a pain!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Debbie - will the washing machine heat the water enough to sanitize it? We've had boil water orders before and they are such a pain!

Great I didn't think of that. Well I guess there will be no laundry done this weekend. I think I'll substitute reading for laundry. yeah that's the ticket

pen21
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Great I didn't think of that. Well I guess there will be no laundry done this weekend. I think I'll substitute reading for laundry. yeah that's the ticket

Well Deb I guess you are stuck with reading. Good luck with the water, hope it is back to normal soon.

pen21
0 Kudos

New Acai Berry drink at Mimosa Cafe. Stop in, we do serve a non-alcoholic version ( for me and you know who).

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I think she has a contract for 3 more Tempest Rising. I can't find where I posted that  on the paranormal board. But don't worry, Jane will be around for awhile

Good! I'll read them all.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Jim. Hope you are feeling great. I suppose you are getting the house ready for company and doing the barbeque. I do want to correct you on one thing. I've been taking care of your house as I live across from you. I get the boys to mow your lawn and clip the bushes. I have a perfect view of your house, don't worry, burglars aren't going to get in. As for T.S. Earl, it doesn't look like that storm will hit. The weather channel is saying that Fiona, which has not been actually named yet, could be off the Carolina coast by Labor Day weekend. Oh, joy!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Oops, sorry Becke! It's confusing when there are several quotes flying around. Hope you have your power and water and everything will be okay.

pen21
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Jimcolombo wrote:

Hi to all,

Jim

Jim are you getting ready for your bbq w/ family this weekend.

And yes the discussion is for September and I saw down below that Luanne knew it she was just having a senior moment (like I do all the time).

I'm glad you're feeling up to having guests, hope you have big fun.

My hubby called, water is on, but (always a but) we're under conservation and a boil order for the weekend. Great, I have laundry to do, thank heavens I bought one of those front loaders from LG for water savings.

The rest of you have a great weekend.

Oh and Suze, I think my bad ways has rubbed off on you, you wild woman. ;-)

Senior moment.... How will I ever remember that happened.....

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Oops, sorry Becke! It's confusing when there are several quotes flying around. Hope you have your power and water and everything will be okay.

I know!! I think this must be the busiest thread at all of B&N!

becke_davis

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

maxcat, I am sorry that Jim got things mixed up. I told that we were taking care of his house for him. So I apologized for that mix up.

How have you been? Carla and I were busy at the store. We are getting ready for the end of summer sale and Barbara Baatz Hilman. She comes on Monday. We also are ordering things for the holiday, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

How is you store end of summer sale? I must come in and see what you have for sale.

Again, I am sorry for the mix up on Jim's house.

ReadingPatti