Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: West Key Skate

maxcat wrote:

Hi, Tigger, why do you have so much algae? I s it the climate there or what? Just curious.

City's literaly on a rise ridge between 3 swamps. Crossing of several creaks. (shrug) Swamp watershed. Algee year round, sping's the worst though. But this is also the reason why when all the surrounding counties are on water restrictions through most of the state, we are not. Hanover county is very wet and we've got a enormass aquifer water table deep below as well. Geography.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

:maxcat  Love hiking.  Glad you Had fun with Hubby...I do it more in the fall and spring..Great trails and  Today though was Beautiful..and saw some Hikers..on the Mt...Its good exercise..and now that we will be at "West Key Skate"..Need to keep ourselves in Good Shape...Must Sign up for Lessons, a little Rusty...But hang on to TBear.;;She is one Tough Teacher.."I Heard'..So i'm taking lessons from "Joey"..I prefer a Male instructer..lol..You Know Who.Suze..

Am not! :smileysurprised:You just think Joey's a cutie.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Good Morning....Sunny,I hope the same for  All ...  Between,Jim,TBear and maxcat..I have learned everything I need to know about these water main Breaks,and boil down's..Just in case  it happens here I have Notes..A very Smart Group ,indeed...Glad as always Jim,to hear how everything is..Have a Great BBQ...I can't remember what a Great time I had.DebGa,.You know what I mean LOL...but I don't think I sat on any Guys lap..I could be mistaken. Ask Luanne.and maxcat.....Patti ,So tired last night..Glad Carla has a new BF..Will stop by all the shops later..Coffee? Everyone,see you at The Mimosa Cafe"..Lots of Reading a Busy week for All....Suze...

First, my lips are sealed, I didn't see anything.

Patti, saw your post this morning. Hope all of you had a good time. New BF for Carla, must stop by and catch up on al the gossip.

Busy weekend for the Mimosa Cafe. Still raising money for the Roller Derby. I need to get on my skates and practice some more.

Glad your Lips are sealed..Because I will be at The Cafe tonight.to Hear "Paramore,and I hope Brian will serve me..Just one Campari and Oj on the rocks..promise..See you later..Suze..

I'm looking for you guys. Paramore should be great. I am having unsweetened ice tea tonight. So many people here. Oh, I see the table, what a fun night. I did a lot of falling during my roller skating lesson today, I can't sit too long without being squirmy. It seemed so much easier when I was younger.

Glad you made it to  your "Mimosa Cafe."  Brian is doing a good job managing it for you,gives you time to play..He is so "Nice"  I know,just friends...Sure!!!  .I know,its hard to balance on the inline skates,I'm going back to my Roller Skates..You seemed quite relaxed,after a couple of"drinks"..I had to go home after "Paramore" performed. They were so Good...No late nights for me...Finally finished"ShadowBound"..I'm not really curious to see where it would take me in Book 2,it could just be a stand alone.for me.."Darkfever" totally immersed in the story..Bloodfever should be outstanding..Must let us know..My copy won't arrive until next week..Suze..Coffee Calls...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

:maxcat  Love hiking.  Glad you Had fun with Hubby...I do it more in the fall and spring..Great trails and  Today though was Beautiful..and saw some Hikers..on the Mt...Its good exercise..and now that we will be at "West Key Skate"..Need to keep ourselves in Good Shape...Must Sign up for Lessons, a little Rusty...But hang on to TBear.;;She is one Tough Teacher.."I Heard'..So i'm taking lessons from "Joey"..I prefer a Male instructer..lol..You Know Who.Suze..

:smileywink:He is a Cutie..,Drove me home last night after Paramore performed at The Cafe...Told me you taught him how to skate...But thats all he would say...He's a little young for me,but what the hay..LOL...CougarTown..Thats Ms.DebGa's territory...Suze...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I've been mostly away from the computer today, spending time with hubby for a change. Back later - hope you're all having a fun weekend!

:womanwink:Nice of you..He is a Good Hubby..Enjoy..Suze

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

maxcat  Love hiking.  Glad you Had fun with Hubby...I do it more in the fall and spring..Great trails and  Today though was Beautiful..and saw some Hikers..on the Mt...Its good exercise..and now that we will be at "West Key Skate"..Need to keep ourselves in Good Shape...Must Sign up for Lessons, a little Rusty...But hang on to TBear.;;She is one Tough Teacher.."I Heard'..So i'm taking lessons from "Joey"..I prefer a Male instructer..lol..You Know Who.Suze..

We had a great time but I'm worn out. The gnats were driving me crazy and our clothes were soaking wet as it was humid walking in the forest. But it was a great hike! I know what you mean about practice on skates. Tbear could give me some lessons.

We could all Practice later..And have Lunch at "West Key Skate".Meeting Luanne at 9am at The Cafe....Will txt Patti.and TBear..Must get in touch with KaylaKK..Her Prize Package is at Your Ticket Booth..Suze... 

pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

maxcat  Love hiking.  Glad you Had fun with Hubby...I do it more in the fall and spring..Great trails and  Today though was Beautiful..and saw some Hikers..on the Mt...Its good exercise..and now that we will be at "West Key Skate"..Need to keep ourselves in Good Shape...Must Sign up for Lessons, a little Rusty...But hang on to TBear.;;She is one Tough Teacher.."I Heard'..So i'm taking lessons from "Joey"..I prefer a Male instructer..lol..You Know Who.Suze..

We had a great time but I'm worn out. The gnats were driving me crazy and our clothes were soaking wet as it was humid walking in the forest. But it was a great hike! I know what you mean about practice on skates. Tbear could give me some lessons.

We could all Practice later..And have Lunch at "West Key Skate".Meeting Luanne at 9am at The Cafe....Will txt Patti.and TBear..Must get in touch with KaylaKK..Her Prize Package is at Your Ticket Booth..Suze... 

Good Morning, I can be there at 9am. Look at the beautiful sunrise on the island. Mimosa is such a beautiful place. Aren't we lucky. Always good weather here.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

pen21, Good morning, I am up and checking stuff on the computer. It is a beautiful on the island.

I need to do dishes and check on trash and vaccum.

We are glad to have Barbara Baatz Hilman with us. She is bringing in customers and we are getting ready for our end of summer sale and the holidays.

We have to order Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas craft items.

No new mystery people yet.

Any news our ghosts. I have not heard anything lately. Did you get to read Lucinda's journal that we found at my store.

I so want to get these two back together.

Will talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

TiggerBear, How are you doing? All healed up, I hope. It sounded painful.

I see that you have been busy organizing the Roller Derby event with others. I will be working the concession stand with Carla.

DId you hear that Carla has a new BF. His name is Alex. He is so cute and works for the construction company on the island. She is taking it slow because she has been burned before.

I am happy for her. She deserves some love and happiness.

I will see you at lunch. Stop by the store soon.

ReadingPatti

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Good Morning, I can be there at 9am. Look at the beautiful sunrise on the island. Mimosa is such a beautiful place. Aren't we lucky. Always good weather here.

Wow Luanne,That is Beautiful.!!!.Lets take our Coffee and Breakfast outside.".I txed Patti and TBear",so they should be here soon..maxcat is a late starter.,so we will see her for Lunch....Maybe Patti will bring Carla and Her New Boyfriend Alex...Just a perfect "Island "kind of day..Jim Must be busy with his Guests.,hope to hear from him later..Must do a little Shopping...at Patti's,maxcats,and Kaylas stores....Becke Closed her "Flower and Potion Shop" today Big Sign on Her Shop's Door.."Gone Fishing.".LOL.." Suze

becke_davis

It's a Beautiful Morning!

What a gorgeous picture! Here are a few more:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good Morning!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

TiggerBear, How are you doing? All healed up, I hope. It sounded painful.

I see that you have been busy organizing the Roller Derby event with others. I will be working the concession stand with Carla.

DId you hear that Carla has a new BF. His name is Alex. He is so cute and works for the construction company on the island. She is taking it slow because she has been burned before.

I am happy for her. She deserves some love and happiness.

I will see you at lunch. Stop by the store soon.

ReadingPatti

Um ok. My jaw still is stiff and a tiny bit of hurt. The stitches won't come out, got a Dr look tomorrow and I going to ask him to cut them out. Thanks for asking.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Good Morning!

becke_davis wrote:

Very "Ghostly" Love The Cloud..;;I hope its Really Pretty where All of you are...."Lunch at "West Key Skate"..Check on TBear..and have some Pizza..and an Iced Tea.."Chefs Choice  Pizza""..So we will be Surprised...Your Shop is Closed today B,so Join us  Later Suze...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Lunch Girls.Patti,,maxcat,Carla..Luanne is there already..BTW "TBear.".Glad you are feeling better.. I follow this blog of sorts www.thetastingtable.com   anyway  they have this Article TBear our "Resident" Chef'  on www.chow.com...   It was on the front of The TastingTable newsletter.  yesterday..so you can ck there  as well.."Chefs using Marijuana  to  cook with....I asked a friend who is one of the Chefs where I work,,Said its been done for years....'Walking out of a restaurant saying,"That was the Best Steak I ever had".  lol...Really,have you heard of it...Love Chow.com. and The Tasting Table....Good tips..Just to see whats up..Suze

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Tiggerbear wrote:

Tiggerbear, I'm rusty on skating. Can you give me a few lessons so I don't fall and hurt myself? Also, are you up to doing the scuba diving lessons this week?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Good morning, Suze. How is your day been so far? It's bright and sunny here but it may heat up next week for a couple of days.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Good Morning, I can be there at 9am. Look at the beautiful sunrise on the island. Mimosa is such a beautiful place. Aren't we lucky. Always good weather here

Yes it was a beautiful sunrise, Luanne. Now that the sun is getting up later, I get to see those sunrises.

TiggerBear

Vermontcozy wrote:

Lunch Girls.Patti,,maxcat,Carla..Luanne is there already..BTW "TBear.".Glad you are feeling better.. I follow this blog of sorts www.thetastingtable.com   anyway  they have this Article TBear our "Resident" Chef'  on www.chow.com...   It was on the front of The TastingTable newsletter.  yesterday..so you can ck there  as well.."Chefs using Marijuana  to  cook with....I asked a friend who is one of the Chefs where I work,,Said its been done for years....'Walking out of a restaurant saying,"That was the Best Steak I ever had".  lol...Really,have you heard of it...Love Chow.com. and The Tasting Table....Good tips..Just to see whats up..Suze

Hmm well pot is an anti nauseating. But if your steak makes you nauseous there is a bigger problem. Getting guests at you establishment high unknowing is bad low down hosting. Not to mention illegal. Should pot be illegal (shakes head), but it is. But pot and hash brownies, pot chili, ect.. if one knows before that that's what one is eating, can be good. It's an easy way to get happy high. Know it's not the food; but being that type of high, everything tastes good. But as a cook; if you have to get you eaters high to enjoy you food, never go back to the kitchen. Though doing something to a guest who being a nasty pain by cooks, yeah that happens. Personally I never let anything go out I wouldn't feed someone in my family eat. It's something about one's morals. (shrug)

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

maxcat wrote:

Tiggerbear wrote:

Tiggerbear, I'm rusty on skating. Can you give me a few lessons so I don't fall and hurt myself? Also, are you up to doing the scuba diving lessons this week?

Sure. Ok first bend you knees, and anytime you feel you are falling get your muscles loose. You are going to fall, everyone falls, the idea is not to hurt yourself when you do. Now are your skates laced tight? Ok hold my hands and let's practice standing up...

Looking forward to it, wens ok with you?