Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Easter - almost!

Hi, Everyone, The B & B is hosting an all day Easter celebration. From lunch through dinner, everyone is invited to come and join in the great food that has been prepared.

There are Easter crackers. For the children there will be an easter egg hunt at 2:00.

So come and enjoy the celebration.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Easter - almost!

becke_davis, I got my package of books. Thanks. Thanks for everything you do for us. You work so hard to give us the best.

Keep up the good work.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Books

ReadingPatti wrote:

becke_davis, I got my package of books. Thanks. Thanks for everything you do for us. You work so hard to give us the best.

Keep up the good work.

ReadingPatti

Thanks, Patti - I'm glad you liked them!

If any of you aren't getting packages from me, it's sooooo easy: just post a comment on at least three author threads each month. That's it!

Author
Jimcolombo
0 Kudos

Re: Books

Hi to all, Well it has been really busy for me lately. Sorry I have been out of the loop. I have been taking care of a lot of odds and ends projects... The skies have been sunny over my house, but temps cool. Max cat -did you see Nova broadcast on tornadoes? Very interesting as the took a look at 2011 deadly outbreak. It must be a complex field, but some good ideas are growing from the research. I hope everyone has a great Friday 13th! Jim Follow me on twitter @Jimcolombo
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Monday

ReadingPatti wrote:

The Flight of Gemma Hardy

Patti, so glad you enjoyed this book, did you happen to see my interview with Margot, here it is 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/New-Release-feature-1-24-12-The-Fl...

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Monday

Hello and happy Friday to all my friends on Mimoso Island

here's my favorite Friday pic

I hope you all have a terrific weekend
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Friday the 13th!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Books

Jim, I may have seen that one. I did see a broadcast of a stormchaser who actually developed an instrument with a camera to catch what goes on inside the tornado. He actually did catch video and it was amazing as you see things swirling around and the barometric pressure dropped very low much like a hurricane does as it grows in intensity.

Have a good weekend.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis

I'm going to be a grandma!

[ Edited ]

At last I can share the news - I'm going to be a grandma! I've known for awhile but my son didn't want me to share it publicly until the baby was further along. Kim's mom and I have been going crazy waiting for them to give us the go ahead!

Kim's at 24 weeks now, so I've only got about 16 weeks until I can hold this baby in person! Meet Adaline...

Wordsmith
writerfire
0 Kudos

Re: I'm going to be a grandma!

Conngrats!!!!   Hey this calls for a party right?

The best surprize is one left untold.
dhaupt

Becke I'm so happy for you

Congrats granny

becke_davis

writerfire wrote:

Conngrats!!!!   Hey this calls for a party right?

becke_davis

dhaupt wrote:

Becke I'm so happy for you

Congrats granny

:-) Thanks, Debbie!

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Congratulations Becke !   On becoming a Grandma soon !  

How lucky is your little granddaughter to have you to call Grandma :heart:

And I love her name !  :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

optic_i wrote:

Congratulations Becke !   On becoming a Grandma soon !  

How lucky is your little granddaughter to have you to call Grandma :heart:

And I love her name !  :smileyhappy:

They haven't decided on a middle name yet, but I love her old fashioned first name!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, Congrats, I am sure that you can not wait to be Grandma. Enjoy. My great niece, Isabella wil be 11 months old at the end of the month. She is just so cute.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Monday!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

becke_davis, Congrats, I am sure that you can not wait to be Grandma. Enjoy. My great niece, Isabella wil be 11 months old at the end of the month. She is just so cute.

ReadingPatti

Thanks, Patti! I can hardly wait!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Congratulations, Becke. I saw the pic on Facebook. I know you are just over the top with the news!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Adaline is a cute name and one I haven't heard before. Rather unique that they came up with that name.