Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

becke_davis wrote:

Gee, I would swear I've seen pix of some really cute grandkids . . .

Oh....yeah....Immaculate conception.  Check out Karen's picture on facebook...that's their mother.  And Evan with the grasshopper on his face!  Yuck!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I know you're all mystery lovers or you wouldn't be here - have you checked out the new friends, old friends and guest author threads? Lots of books you could read while you're waiting to get THE POACHER'S SON.

Don't forget to say "hi" to the fabulous Carla Neggers, today's multi-published guest author, too.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

So funny!

I choked on my tea.

becke_davis wrote:

I know what you mean. One of my friends had had a rough day at work and was feeling really depressed. She's got a thing about Scottish romances and hot guys in kilts so I thought I'd cheer her up with some images. Searched "hot guys in kilts" or maybe it was "hunks in kilts." Oh lordy, the results were a real eye-opener! (And yes, they REALLY cheered her up!)

The "Moderator Men in Kilts" will be out this fall...Small Book,Big Appeal..i hear your mind working Becky..Be Good..!! pen21..Was the tea "Hot"...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hmm. That might be the way to get published! Too bad I'm not a good photographer -- those photo sessions would be fun!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

pen21 wrote:

All that pain and it washed off.

My celtic cross has been on a few years and hasn't washed off.

I would have been back yelling at the guy.

You're right all that hurt and then an eclipse.

IBIS wrote:

Hi pen21, I agree, wash-off tattoos are great. But when I got mine, I thought it was permanent. it certainly hurt like a permanent one.

Imagine my surprise when I came out of the shower the next morning! And found my little sun-tattoo eclipsed!

My daughter recently got a celtic cross on the inside of her forearm.  She also has the Christian fish I designed around her wrist.  She works in a hospital, and all tattoos must be covered.  Bummer. 

Here's mine.   My hero :smileyvery-happy:

I agree.with pen21,too much pain,and then GONE..Mine is on my lower back."Forever" and then my daughters intials..Will not post photo,too much skin...Will try and find photo,,KathyS.:Mickey looks "Happy" and a bit deranged,anything Disney is so Good and Retro..Love it..Vtc..Susan

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Becke  That is quite Spectacular!!! i had a boyfriend once who had Vines goimg up one side of his leg..looked really Amazing..I wonder who will claim this "Tattoo" as their Ticket to the Party?  Susan Vtc

KathyS
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

KathyS wrote:

pen21 wrote:

My Celtic cross has been on a few years and hasn't washed off.

IBIS wrote:

Hi pen21, I agree, wash-off tattoos are great. But when I got mine, I thought it was permanent. it certainly hurt like a permanent one.

Imagine my surprise when I came out of the shower the next morning! And found my little sun-tattoo eclipsed!

My daughter recently got a Celtic cross on the inside of her forearm.  She also has the Christian fish I designed around her wrist.  She works in a hospital, and all tattoos must be covered.  Bummer. 

I agree.with pen21,too much pain,and then GONE..Mine is on my lower back."Forever" and then my daughters initial..Will not post photo,too much skin...Will try and find photo,,KathyS.:Mickey looks "Happy" and a bit deranged,anything Disney is so Good and Retro..Love it..Vtc..Susan

Just to clear this up...I don't have any tattoos on my body.  If I did have one, it might be of Mickey...or my own art work.  I designed something for myself, once, but didn't have enough nerve to have it done.  I'm like Becke, it took me years to have my ears pierced, and that was only after a few of my friends plied me with liquid encouragement!   And, vtc, where do you get the idea that this Mickey looks deranged?  I think he's cute!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

My niece is a big Chicago Bears fan. She has a couple of different Bears logos tattooed in different places! One of my other nieces got a (painful) tattoo on her big toe, but it's already wearing off. Ouch!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

KathyS wrote:

pen21 wrote:

My Celtic cross has been on a few years and hasn't washed off.

IBIS wrote:

My daughter recently got a Celtic cross on the inside of her forearm.  She also has the Christian fish I designed around her wrist.  She works in a hospital, and all tattoos must be covered.  Bummer. 

Vtcozy wrote: All cleared up'.'VermontCozy

I agree.with pen21,too much pain,and then GONE..Mine is on my lower back."Forever" and then my daughters initial..Will not post photo,too much skin...Will try and find photo,,KathyS.:Mickey looks "Happy" and a bit deranged,anything Disney is so Good and Retro..Love it..Vtc..Susan

Just to clear this up...I don't have any tattoos on my body.  If I did have one, it might be of Mickey...or my own art work.  I designed something for myself, once, but didn't have enough nerve to have it done.  I'm like Becke, it took me years to have my ears pierced, and that was only after a few of my friends plied me with liquid encouragement!   And, vtc, where do you get the idea that this Mickey looks deranged?  I think he's cute!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

How many of you are getting hit with this blizzard? We're getting a lot of snow in Cincinnati, but nothing like the East Coast and some other regions.

I'm so sick of winter -- I'm starting to get cabin fever. Thank goodness I can get out of the house by visiting with you all! And the one good thing about all this snow -- for those of you/us who don't have to go out to work today, it's a great day for snuggling up with a book!

pen21
0 Kudos

I agree with you Becke.Snowsotrms are a great day to read.

I am in Minnesota, today is ok weatherwise, so today I can get my errands done. Our storm starts tomorrow.

Looks like a nice reading day for you.

pen21

becke_davis
0 Kudos

And don't forget the hot cocoa:

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

IBIS wrote:

Hi Susan, you are a must for every party! 

I'm in the middle of BSO's winter season, so I have little time for extra-curricular activities... but I'll always find time to read good mysteries, and share insights with fellow readers.

I'll probably hide the ARC of "The Poacher's Son" behind the sheets on my music stand during rehearsals. When the violins get a break, I sneak in a couple of pages.

My sun-tattoo has found a happier home on someone else's _ _ _. 

VtCozy Wrote..Unless I wasn't paying close attention,I have not seen you on for a while.Glad you are here with such a great diverse group..Your Tattoo will arrive,in your mind then let us know..Susan
VtCozy wrote           BSO must be very busy at the moment..I plan to be in Boston during the summer,its only 2hrs away..We have a wonderful music program here in Manchester,VT..We go and sit on the lawn at Hildene and the music just fills our lovely town .Manchester Music Festival..Ariel Rudiakov is the Director....Students come from all over to play.here in the simmer,its a real treat...We have your Tattoo..we recovered it,so you are all set  : )  Vtc Susan

KathyS
0 Kudos

HI, everyone, I'm snug as a bug, in the house.  It's windy and poring down rain right now.  My brother and sister-in-law came in yesterday afternoon, after a 2 week stay in New Port Beach....rain, rain, while they were there.....It's been clear here for a few days, until they arrived.  Today it's rained steady, with an hour reprieve...just long enough for us to go to Home Depot to exchange my porch light, which I had bought and put up last week...the one I bought wasn't made to fit the wall opening, but I left it up, because I figured my brother could take it down....then he could install the new one. Yea!  And it hasn't stopped raining!  They've had a book stuck to their faces since they arrived, which is fine, but I haven't read a thing....been too busy....

When my brother isn't reading, he's talking to me about his trains... he has several gauges of trains.  The one they're building for the 17 acre park, down the street from where they live, in Utah, is coming along, although they stopped the building during the snowy months.  The park will give rides when it opens.  Its the size of train that a single person fits on a car.  He told me about one of his own trains, which connects between his house and my nephew's house, through the back yards.  they gave the kids in the neighborhood rides on it for Halloween.  He stopped it at the houses in-between, so the kids could get candy and hot cocoa.  They decorated the backyards with fogging machines, and lights...it really sounded neat!  My brother could talk trains 24-7, almost as much as I can talk about my own art work!!  He's extremely creative, and we really had fun together when I lived in Utah.  But, after a while I start to nod off, when it's all about the technical aspect of trains, trains, and more trains! Are you nodding off, yet?  Ha!

pen21
0 Kudos

KathyS, sounds like you are snug as a bug. You get the rain, I will be getting more snow.

Snow the last couple days, clear today, then more snow.

You have people company. I have my dogs as company tonight while I read.

Enjoy the conversation, mine don't say much.

The trains, first I was thinking hobby size, but they sound neat.

The Halloween train the kids must have loved.

pen21

becke_davis
0 Kudos

We had a lot of snow yesterday, but today it was all panic and no problems once the plows cleared the roads. Any of you on the east coast? It sounds awful there!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

*** S N O W *** is a four letter word. Ugh. I hate it. I'm in the midwest sitting at work watching the snow fall, we're expecting 6-7" overnight but only 1-2 before I leave for home. I live rural and have more trouble then most of my friends traveling on the rural roads who are second class citizens when it comes to snow removal and care. So I'll probably be looking at a two hour ride home that usually takes me 45 minutes.

Where is Spring!!!!!!!!

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy, good to read your note! 

It'll be fun to dive into "The Poacher's Son" and share wild and wacky insights.

(I did finish reading Sarah Palin's memoir, but never found the time to go back to the Current Events club to post my opinions... which weren't that interesting anyway!)

Looking forward to your insights into "The Poacher's Son"...

KathyS wrote:

Welcome, IBIS, to the lighter side.  Looking forward to your insights on TFLC.

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

dhaupt wrote:

*** S N O W *** is a four letter word. Ugh. I hate it. I'm in the midwest sitting at work watching the snow fall, we're expecting 6-7" overnight but only 1-2 before I leave for home. I live rural and have more trouble then most of my friends traveling on the rural roads who are second class citizens when it comes to snow removal and care. So I'll probably be looking at a two hour ride home that usually takes me 45 minutes.

Where is Spring!!!!!!!!

Drive carefully!  I want to see a post from you, after you get home!

Our sky, today, is as clear as a bell, and the hills are green from all of the rain.  But, more rain and snow to come back the rest of the week.  And sorry to say,  it all goes in your direction, once it leaves here.  Yes, Spring, I have no doubt you all are anxious for its return.  Other than the cool weather, this is our beginning of Spring.  The bulbs are starting to stretch their little green arms up towards to the sun, as I speak. 

I love this time of year.  It's the only time of year where we see changes in the weather, and the plants.  The snow caped mountains around me are also absolutely beautiful. 

I do feel a lot for the people who live in the areas where the fires were.  They experienced devastation, from the rivers of mud, to their homes this last week.  Eight feet of mud, boulders, trees, destroying homes, cars and animals.  It took everything in its wake.  This is the domino effect, the results of someone deliberately setting fires to our landscape.  Nature takes its course, whether we try to stop it, or like it or not.

Everyone, please stay dry, warm, and safe!

K.

KathyS

[ Edited ]

IBIS wrote:

Hi Kathy, good to read your note! 

It'll be fun to dive into "The Poacher's Son" and share wild and wacky insights.

(I did finish reading Sarah Palin's memoir, but never found the time to go back to the Current Events club to post my opinions... which weren't that interesting anyway!)

Looking forward to your insights into "The Poacher's Son"...

KathyS wrote:

Welcome, IBIS, to the lighter side.  Looking forward to your insights on TFLC.

Hi, IBIS!

Speaking of Sara Palin...I would like to hear your points of view on her book, in the Current Events Board...really!  Interesting, or not, I'm interested.  I haven't been participating this last month, at all.  That board can wear me out!  But, I'm surprised if anyone would want to speak to me, including you, after I completely tore Sara's wings off in my biased remarks against her.  This morning, I even included her in my remarks on Ilana's blog.  I didn't want to, but she was the best example I could come up with, where it applied to the topic.

I try not to get too controversial in a book discussion,  I'm not there to make enemies!  Of course, I'm not anywhere on these boards to try and make enemies! Ha!  But Debbie can attest to my passion, as in soap boxes, if it's a subject I feel deeply about.  I'll try to win you over, or see your side, if it is at all possible. 

And my ultimate goal is to try to see what this author of, The Poacher's Son,  wants to say to me.   But, as we all can attest to, we all read into, or around, what only we can see at those times.  I'm looking forward to good conversations, and I hope this book brings enough meat, to give us something to chew on. :smileyhappy:  Chewing on bones, is not my idea of having fun....and that's what we all want, and look forward to.....having a fun time together! 

Sweet music!  See you there!

Kathy