Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Good morning!

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Hi, Good Morning, It is hot in Somerset. We have had 80's and 90's weather for about a week. It is suppose to get cooler this weekend.

I want to do some cleaning in my apartment but it is just to hot. I will work on it tomorrow after work and on Sun.

I want to get rid of some stuff and I have clothes to get rid of too.

Callie says Hi to Max. That is your kitty's name, right.

ReadingPatti

We have a heat advisory in Chicago, too - mid-90s, might get up to 100. Thank goodness, it's supposed to rain tomorrow. My cat, Casper, is going to get some company when my daughter moves up here. She's going to rent my son's condo when he moves to a bigger place, but we'll get back here with her cats a day or so before he moves. So for one or two days, she and her cats will be at my place. We'll keep them away from Casper, but it's going to be interesting!!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Sorry, I forgot Casper's name. I think that Max is Maxcat's cat.

WOW, that is hot. We got some rain already. Hope it does not rain when I leave to go to work.

I think I am come down with a cold. Not feeling so great. Or it could be my allergies.

My eyes are doing great.

Callie is great. Fat and sassy.

She says hi to Casper.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Things are cooler here of a little while. I am going to clean some today. Now sure how much I am going to get done as I don't feel so good. Now sure what I am coming down with.

I am very tired and feel like I am getting a cold.

I do want to go through some clothes and see what I can wear and want I don't want.

I need to e-mail my brother and call him later. It is his birthday today.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Things are cooler here of a little while. I am going to clean some today. Now sure how much I am going to get done as I don't feel so good. Now sure what I am coming down with.

I am very tired and feel like I am getting a cold.

I do want to go through some clothes and see what I can wear and want I don't want.

I need to e-mail my brother and call him later. It is his birthday today.

ReadingPatti and Callie

It's my son's birthday today, too - and it looks like it might be a royal baby's birthday!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I won't be online much for the next 5 days. I'm flying to Orlando tomorrow (Thursday) to help my daughter pack and move. She's coming to Chicago, too! I won't get back until Tuesday afternoon next week. I'll bring my computer but I'm not sure what the connection will be like. Back soon - have a great weekend!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am leaving this morning for WadeFest. I am excited about going. I have some items being held for me.

It will be nice to get away from Somerset for weekend. I will be back sometime tomorrow.

I will let you know everything when I get back and have some pictures of the stuff I am getting.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am leaving this morning for WadeFest. I am excited about going. I have some items being held for me.

It will be nice to get away from Somerset for weekend. I will be back sometime tomorrow.

I will let you know everything when I get back and have some pictures of the stuff I am getting.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Have a great time, Patti! I'm in Florida, helping my daughter pack. We packed 50+ boxes so far, mostly books. I'm hot, sweaty and covered in dust. The movers are coming tomorrow so I won't be online. Hopefully I'll be able to get online when we go to the hotel tomorrow night. We leave Tuesday - hope you all have a great week!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I hate moving. I had a great time at WadeFest. I am tired but have removed after getting some sleep. I have to work this week as I used most of my vacation for my eye surgery time off.

I got the one item I have wanted for a long time. I got Towser, the cat figurine. Towser, a girl cat lived at distillery in Scotland. she is in the Guinness Book of world records as the greatest mouser. She caught three mice a day for the 20 years she lived there. It is a hard piece to get and I got it for a great price. I am very happy. I love this piece. She is so cute.

I had fun with my friends too.

I have another cat figurine I want to get. Burslem is the black and white cat from the Wade factory. I am looking for that one.

So now I am back and Callie is happy Mom is home.

I will take a few days before I get back to stitching. All depends on how tired I am when I get home from work.

So take it easy and get home safely.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Is this Towser, Patti?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Is this Towser, Patti?

Looks like the image-posting problem is still persisting...

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I will sent you a picture of Towser.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I will sent you a picture of Towser.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Thanks, Patti! I have a few Wade miniatures but I don't really collect them. They used to come free in boxes of Red Rose tea!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Wade Miniatures

This is Patti's new Wade piece - Towser the cat, and his real life counterpart.

towser1.jpg
377lot606.jpg
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Patti's Project - All Finished!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's Project - All Finished!

Becke, thanks for posting my stitching project. Right now I am not sure that it is get to the fair. My friend has been sick off and on for a couple of weeks for it may not make it this year.

If not I will keep it for next year.

I want her to go to her doctor to find out what is going on.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, thanks for posting my stitching project. Right now I am not sure that it is get to the fair. My friend has been sick off and on for a couple of weeks for it may not make it this year.

If not I will keep it for next year.

I want her to go to her doctor to find out what is going on.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I hope your friend is okay, Patti - and I hope you find a way to enter your project this year!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, not sure how that is going to happen. I don't have a way to get to the fairgrounds on the 17th which is the entry day. Then have to pick it back up on Sun.

I don't have a car to get there. So unless my friend gets better real soon, it will not make in this year's fair.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Very nice work, Patti. How exquisite! 

I've been busy lately with art projects due and knitting. Max is doing okay, as best as he can at 19 years old. I've set a goal for Labor Day saying that he needs to survive til then. We take it a little at a time.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Maxcat, thanks, I love this project. It took me a year to stich it. I really hope that it wins something at the fair.

I am working on three two for friends and on for myself.

Glad to hear that Max is doing okay. Callie worries about her friend. She says Hi to Max. I hope and pray that he makes it of Labor Day. I will pray for him.

I am sure that Max is a great cat.

Callie is fat and sassy. She is great.

So I will let everyone know how my stitching does at the fair.

I had a great time at WadeFest. I love the Towser cat figurine that I got. Becke put it up. I love this piece. It is hard to get and I got it for a really good price too.

So take care and have fun with your knitting and art projects. I will be reading and stitching and playing with Callie.

Take care of Max. Give him hugs and kisses from me and Callie.

ReadingPatti