Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Labor Day Celebration

Becke, Glad to hear that your daugther is getting unpacked. That can be a big chore. You sometimes think that you will never get done.

I am sure that she will find a job soon. What is she looking for?

Well, Ms. Callie is sitting on my lap with me, so I know that she is back to herself.

Those shots make her sleepy and that is what she did. So my baby is covered and safe now.

We have to watch the weight. She is 11 lbs. 8 oz. Doctor does not want to get any bigger.

So I got weight control food and give her less treats.

I have the Book The Cocokoo Calling that J. K. Rowling wrote under another name. I am going to start it.

So talk to you soon.

My stitching goes to the Berlin Community Fair on Wed. I will go on Thurs. I hope I win something there. These are different judges.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Glad to hear that your daugther is getting unpacked. That can be a big chore. You sometimes think that you will never get done.

I am sure that she will find a job soon. What is she looking for?

Well, Ms. Callie is sitting on my lap with me, so I know that she is back to herself.

Those shots make her sleepy and that is what she did. So my baby is covered and safe now.

We have to watch the weight. She is 11 lbs. 8 oz. Doctor does not want to get any bigger.

So I got weight control food and give her less treats.

I have the Book The Cocokoo Calling that J. K. Rowling wrote under another name. I am going to start it.

So talk to you soon.

My stitching goes to the Berlin Community Fair on Wed. I will go on Thurs. I hope I win something there. These are different judges.

ReadingPatti and Callie

The Cuckoo's Calling  

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Well today my stitching project goes to the Berlin Community Fair today. I will know tomorrow what if got if anything.

I am going with my friend, Judy.

I am working on the one for next year. It is an angel couple. I plan to add blending filament to his wings.

Talk to you soon

Callie says hi to Casper.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I find out today how my picture did at the Berlin Community Fair. I am going with my friend Judy.

I will let you know what happended.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I find out today how my picture did at the Berlin Community Fair. I am going with my friend Judy.

I will let you know what happended.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Fingers crossed for you, Patti!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, can't sleep. Well, I am sad. :womansad::womanfrustrated: I did not get anything. Nothing. Too many entries in the section.

Not sure if I will do the Berlin Community Fair next year. Out of three years I only got one ribbon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, can't sleep. Well, I am sad. :womansad::womanfrustrated: I did not get anything. Nothing. Too many entries in the section.

Not sure if I will do the Berlin Community Fair next year. Out of three years I only got one ribbon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Well, it sounds like there were a lot of entries. It's nothing against your work, clearly, since it already won a big prize. Don't let it get you down!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I know it won the best prize at the Somerset County Fair.

The way they do the entries for that department is poor. Things are mixed together. There were a lot. But I thought I won get something.

I am not sure what these judges are looking for.

I am not giving up. I am going to stitch and to everything right by the book. I want to knock their socks off.

I am working on the angle couple.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I talked to Judy last night. I found out what happened with my stitching project. According to the book it needs to be "Pictures needs be mounted, framed and ready to Hang for display.

Well is was mounted and franed and to hang. It had some wrinkles on the fabric at the bottom. The fabric need to be flat. The judges at the Berlin Fair are very strick. So now I know what to do. I guess I will have to break down and save money to get it framed professionally for next year. Not my brother does not do a good job. I just need to be sure that there is nothing they can make it lose points.

So I am working on the one for next year already. I need to see how big a frame I will need. So I can be ready.

I am glad I know now.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I know it won the best prize at the Somerset County Fair.

The way they do the entries for that department is poor. Things are mixed together. There were a lot. But I thought I won get something.

I am not sure what these judges are looking for.

I am not giving up. I am going to stitch and to everything right by the book. I want to knock their socks off.

I am working on the angle couple.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I'm glad you're not giving up!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I talked to Judy last night. I found out what happened with my stitching project. According to the book it needs to be "Pictures needs be mounted, framed and ready to Hang for display.

Well is was mounted and franed and to hang. It had some wrinkles on the fabric at the bottom. The fabric need to be flat. The judges at the Berlin Fair are very strick. So now I know what to do. I guess I will have to break down and save money to get it framed professionally for next year. Not my brother does not do a good job. I just need to be sure that there is nothing they can make it lose points.

So I am working on the one for next year already. I need to see how big a frame I will need. So I can be ready.

I am glad I know now.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Professional framing is expensive! Is it worth the cost?

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I will have to find out how much it will cost. I have a year to save money to get it done. I think I willl be if the judges see that there are not any wrinkles on the fabric.

These judges are very strict and pecky.

So I will do what I have to make them take notice and not take points off my projects.

I will check with Micheals and a frame store here in Somerset and see.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I will have to find out how much it will cost. I have a year to save money to get it done. I think I willl be if the judges see that there are not any wrinkles on the fabric.

These judges are very strict and pecky.

So I will do what I have to make them take notice and not take points off my projects.

I will check with Micheals and a frame store here in Somerset and see.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Michael's does a great job but depending on the frame and mat, it can run $100 or more. Watch for coupons!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, thanks I will do that. That will help with getting my project framed. I am stitching away on the project.

I will e-mail you a picture of what I am working on now. I am going to put some blending filament in the wings. I am planing on using on strand of floss and on of blending filment when I get there. It will give it some sparkle. It does not have any in it, so I thought I was a good idea when I thought about that. My friend, Judy did too.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, thanks I will do that. That will help with getting my project framed. I am stitching away on the project.

I will e-mail you a picture of what I am working on now. I am going to put some blending filament in the wings. I am planing on using on strand of floss and on of blending filment when I get there. It will give it some sparkle. It does not have any in it, so I thought I was a good idea when I thought about that. My friend, Judy did too.

ReadingPatti and Callie

What is blending filament, Patti?

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am making progress on my angel couple stitching. I am checking very carefully where the wings are so I can add the blending filament to them.

I got a surprise in the mail. I first got my kit from Herrchners I ordered. This is the kit of the very elegant lady I showed you.

My second surprise was from Wendy Shaulis. She is in head of the Department of Needlecraft for the County Fair. She sent me my name and where I was from. It is on a card done in caliography. She also sent me paper of the newspaper where my name was listed. I am going to started a scrapbook for all the stuff I got from the fair. With pictures and the newspaper articles. I think this will be so cool to have all in one place.

I need to find a scrapbook or photo album I can use and that I like.

I am working on reading W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton. It is really good.

I am liking it a lot.

Talk to you later.

Callie says hi to her friend, Casper.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am making progress on my angel couple stitching. I am checking very carefully where the wings are so I can add the blending filament to them.

I got a surprise in the mail. I first got my kit from Herrchners I ordered. This is the kit of the very elegant lady I showed you.

My second surprise was from Wendy Shaulis. She is in head of the Department of Needlecraft for the County Fair. She sent me my name and where I was from. It is on a card done in caliography. She also sent me paper of the newspaper where my name was listed. I am going to started a scrapbook for all the stuff I got from the fair. With pictures and the newspaper articles. I think this will be so cool to have all in one place.

I need to find a scrapbook or photo album I can use and that I like.

I am working on reading W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton. It is really good.

I am liking it a lot.

Talk to you later.

Callie says hi to her friend, Casper.

ReadingPatti and Callie

How cool, Patti! Casper says hi to Callie, and so does Charlie - he belongs to Jessica, but he and Casper get along so well he's been staying with us.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I just finished W Is for Wasted by Sue Grafton. It was really good.

A must read.

Callie says Hi to Casper and Charlie. She like making new Cat friends.

Yes, I was happy to get the card and the newspaper. I have to one from last year and I need to get the on from 2011 for the ribbon I won at the Berlin Community Fair. Need to go up to the library on Thurs and check to microfilm. I am not sure if I will have time to do it at work. Maybe at lunch on Wed. Tomorrow, I don't go in until 1:30 as I have book club.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I just finished W Is for Wasted by Sue Grafton. It was really good.

A must read.

Callie says Hi to Casper and Charlie. She like making new Cat friends.

Yes, I was happy to get the card and the newspaper. I have to one from last year and I need to get the on from 2011 for the ribbon I won at the Berlin Community Fair. Need to go up to the library on Thurs and check to microfilm. I am not sure if I will have time to do it at work. Maybe at lunch on Wed. Tomorrow, I don't go in until 1:30 as I have book club.

ReadingPatti and Callie

You sure have a busy schedule these days!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Yes, I guess I am busy. I work three days a week, Mon thru Wed. Then one week a month, I work Sat. then have one of the other days off.

On my days off I stitch and read.

I try to fit in time to work on my romanace manuscriptions. I just sent my first on to TurquoiusMorning Press. So I wait to hear.

I need to edit the second on,

I have family in the area. In fact, we try to have Sun dinner together with my brother and sister-in-lay who live near me. I walk across the street and down a small road. I can get in 5 minutes.

I have great friends. Two best friends, one in Florida and on here in PA. I also have the Red Rose tea club. We meet twice a year and have a Christmas party in Dec.

I love the book club we have at the library. I run the one that is the 4th Tues. We have on that is the 1st Tues and one that is a Non-Fiction on.

So my life is full. I have my kitty, Callie. She is my baby. I love her so much. She is funny and adorable. I am her Mom.

I am a Vietnam veteran from 1974 to 1979 and on year in the Army Reserve.  I have a bachlor's degree in accounting and managment with a minor in ecomonics. I have taken a bunch of correspondence courses and some online courses.

I have to take continuing ed classes for my job.

So this is my life in a nutshell.

Talk to you soon

ReadingPatti and Callie