Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Labor Day Celebration

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Yes, I guess I am busy. I work three days a week, Mon thru Wed. Then one week a month, I work Sat. then have one of the other days off.

On my days off I stitch and read.

I try to fit in time to work on my romanace manuscriptions. I just sent my first on to TurquoiusMorning Press. So I wait to hear.

I need to edit the second on,

I have family in the area. In fact, we try to have Sun dinner together with my brother and sister-in-lay who live near me. I walk across the street and down a small road. I can get in 5 minutes.

I have great friends. Two best friends, one in Florida and on here in PA. I also have the Red Rose tea club. We meet twice a year and have a Christmas party in Dec.

I love the book club we have at the library. I run the one that is the 4th Tues. We have on that is the 1st Tues and one that is a Non-Fiction on.

So my life is full. I have my kitty, Callie. She is my baby. I love her so much. She is funny and adorable. I am her Mom.

I am a Vietnam veteran from 1974 to 1979 and on year in the Army Reserve.  I have a bachlor's degree in accounting and managment with a minor in ecomonics. I have taken a bunch of correspondence courses and some online courses.

I have to take continuing ed classes for my job.

So this is my life in a nutshell.

Talk to you soon

ReadingPatti and Callie

My daughter's cats are her babies, too. Adaline LOVES cats - especially Charlie, Jessica's cat who is staying with us. He's very sociable and lets her pet him. Sooo cute!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am sure that your daughter's cats are her babies. I am sure that Adaline loves cats. Sounds like she and Charlie has a special bond.

How is Casper doing?

Callie is great. She sleeps with me at night. She was on top of me for part of the night.

She is adorable.

I am working on my stitching. Had two bad days, I have to take some stitching out on Thur then yesterday I have found that I was off two stitches and had to take more out. So I got most of what I took out back in.  I need to stitch a lot today and tomorrow to get caught back up and more of the pattern done.

So I will be stitching a lot until I go to work on Mon.

Talk to you soon. I am reading Kathy Reichs new book. It is good.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I just finished Kathy Reichs new book. Bones of the Lost. Very good. Worth the read. I love her books.

I am back to stitching. I am getting caught up now. I will be reading the new J. D. Robb- Thankless in Death next.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am sure that your daughter's cats are her babies. I am sure that Adaline loves cats. Sounds like she and Charlie has a special bond.

How is Casper doing?

Callie is great. She sleeps with me at night. She was on top of me for part of the night.

She is adorable.

I am working on my stitching. Had two bad days, I have to take some stitching out on Thur then yesterday I have found that I was off two stitches and had to take more out. So I got most of what I took out back in.  I need to stitch a lot today and tomorrow to get caught back up and more of the pattern done.

So I will be stitching a lot until I go to work on Mon.

Talk to you soon. I am reading Kathy Reichs new book. It is good.

ReadingPatti

Casper is good - he enjoys Charlie's company when he visits. They play together and chase each other around. Normally Casper spends most of his time eating and sleeping.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am glad that Casper has a new friend to play with. I am sure that they have fun together.

I have just finished Kathy Reichs new book. Bones of the Lost. It was really good. I am now reading Thankless in Death, the new J. D. Robb. Then on to The Cuckoo's Calling. I started it and then had to give it up as another patron from the library wanted to read it. Now I have it back. It is really good.

I will also be stitching again today. I am making arms and hands of the angel couple.

Where is everyone else from Mimosa Village? I have been wondering.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I just finished Thankless in Death by J. D. Robb. Another great Eve and Roarke book. I just love them.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I watched a televised version of Daphne DuMaurier's SCAPEGOAT tonight. It was really good!

The Scapegoat  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I just finished Thankless in Death by J. D. Robb. Another great Eve and Roarke book. I just love them.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I've had friends from Cincinnati and Kentucky visiting the past few days, so I didn't have much reading time. It was great to see them!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, must be great to see your friends. Not much going on in Somerset.

I am stitching on my angel couple. I am working on the arms. I need to fill in a lot of spaces. The arms have different colors. So I have to work on that today. I would like to get them done today.

I am reading The Cuckoo's Calling and I am also reading Deceoption Cove by Jayne Castle. It is good so far. I love her books. I am really liking the Cuckoo's Calling. It is really good., I hope there will be a series. I like these characters a lot.

Have my Red Rose tea club meeting tomorrow. My friend Judy is coming and I will get my stitching project back. I can't wait to see my ribbons

So talk to you soon.

Callie says Hi to Casper and all her other friends.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've got some books to mail, but can't send them yet. Income is tight this month, with my daughter's, my mom's and my daughter-in-law's birthdays. My garden editor called yesterday - if I can squeeze in some time to write with the baby here, at least I'll have some work soon. :-)

(She's not here yet - once she arrives, I'm offline until naptime or until she goes back home.)

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I got my stitching project back. I got to show it to all my friends in my tea club. I have my ribbons too. The one for Best in Show is pretty.

I have to figure out where I am going to hang my project. I want it near my bed. I need to move one of my other projects to the heard of my bed.

I am working on my angel couple. I am still working on the arms.

I read Deception Cove by Jayne Castle. It was good. It is a Rainshadow Island book.

I got some new sneakers yesterday and I also got Mary Balogh book, THe Arrangement. I love her books. It is one of the Survivor's club books.

I think I am catching a cold or something. Not sure what. It might just be my allergies acting up.

Talk to you later.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I got my stitching project back. I got to show it to all my friends in my tea club. I have my ribbons too. The one for Best in Show is pretty.

I have to figure out where I am going to hang my project. I want it near my bed. I need to move one of my other projects to the heard of my bed.

I am working on my angel couple. I am still working on the arms.

I read Deception Cove by Jayne Castle. It was good. It is a Rainshadow Island book.

I got some new sneakers yesterday and I also got Mary Balogh book, THe Arrangement. I love her books. It is one of the Survivor's club books.

I think I am catching a cold or something. Not sure what. It might just be my allergies acting up.

Talk to you later.

ReadingPatti and Callie

You've been busy, Patti! I'm just getting over a cold - I think a lot of people are getting sick. Maybe because the weather has been so changeable?

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Yes, I guess I am busy. I don't think that way. I just go to work then when I am off I stitch and read.

We had a really nice Club meeting. We have all but two members who came. I love seeing my club friends. I got to show them my stitching projects.

I have a picture of me with it. I am going to add it to my album.

I have to get the album first.

Making progress on the arms. There are a lot of color changes in them but I am moving along. Just taking one stitch at a time.

I know that some of the other pages will be easier as they don't have that many color changes so they will be easier to do.

I will e-mail you the one my friend took and the ones I took after I got it hung on the wall.

I will be starting my book club book. We are reading The Scarpetta Factor.

Talk to you soon. We are having rain now. Need my umbrella.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Patti's prize-winning project

Here are some pictures from Patti. I had no idea this was so BIG!

photo (27).JPG
DSCF0605.JPG
DSCF0604.JPG
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Patti's prize-winning project

Becke, Thanks for postitng my pictures of my stitching project. That stitching itself is  20 by 32 inches., The frame is a poster frame of 24  by 36. I love her. She is oriental which I love. I think she is gorgeous and very mysterious with the fan covering part of her face.'

It took me 11 months to get her stitched.

I am very happy that I won. I love my ribbons.

I am working on the one for next year. It is the angel couple.

Now you can see why I stitch. To think that all I need was fabric, the pattern and the floss to make that is stil amazes, That I made this myself.  YEAH Me.

I have freinds who think I am crazy doing large project but that is all I have done since I started stitching. This Beauty of Asia is my biggest one to date.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You should definitely leave the blue ribbon on it when you hang it!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I have the ribbons on my project. The First place is on the left and the Best in Show is on the right.

I am very proud of those ribbons. To know that they thought that my stitching project was the best is a very great feeling.

This was on my third on entering the County Fair. So I am very very happy.

It took me 11 months to stitch the project.

I am now working on the angel couple for next year.

I feel such a sense of accomplishment. I learned from my friend Judy that out of the 100 entries only two of us were considered good enough for the Best in Show ribbon. The other on was a round white table cloth that was very pretty. The judges told people that there was not another one good enough for another Best in Show ribbon. So that makes me feel even better.

Just knowing that that my stitching is that good. I do love to stitch., It stills amazes me that I can take a piece of fabric, floss and a pattern and create something like the Beauty of Asia. I have been doing this for over 14 or 15 years. I just love creating something so gorgeous and very mysterious.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

It's beautiful, Patti! Do any of the rest of you do needlework, quilting, or any kinds of crafts you'd like to share with us?

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Where is everyone? I too am interested in seeing what everyone else does. Who cross stitches, quilts, sews, paints or any other hobby where you made something.

I too would love to see pictures.

Callie says hi to Casper.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Where is everyone? I too am interested in seeing what everyone else does. Who cross stitches, quilts, sews, paints or any other hobby where you made something.

I too would love to see pictures.

Callie says hi to Casper.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Patti - It's been very dead lately. People are busy, I guess!