becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: My to-be-read pile...

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Had a great time with my friend Joyce. I got my flu shot. I am working on the faces in my angel couple stiitching project. Just about have them done.

It is cool here. In the fifties and may get into the 60's tomorrow.

I am really liking The Cuckoo's Calling. It is really good.

Not much else going on.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I'm keeping busy chasing Adaline around - that girl is FAST. It's nice when Jessica has a day off - Adaline LOVES to play with her!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke,  I just finished The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. It was really good. I love the characters. I really hope that there will be more of these books. I think this could be a great series.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke,  I just finished The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. It was really good. I love the characters. I really hope that there will be more of these books. I think this could be a great series.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I hope there will be more, too!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I was so surprised when I got a package of books from you. Thanks. it really made my day. I love the books.

Also I want to thank you for the very nice card you sent. It means a lot to me that you would send a card. Thank you for the very nice complaints about my cross stitching. I just love to do it. I was so happy when I found out that I won first place and Best in Show. It was only my third year. So I could hardly believe it. It was very nice that the judges thought that my work was good enough to get the first place and Best in Show.

I just love making cross stitch projects. To think that I made that with a piece of fabric, floss and a pattern. It still amazes me that I can do that. I love watching the pattern develop as I stitch it. To see hands and faces and other things come out as I stitch, WOW. I get so much satisfaction from making the projects I do.

Also thank you for the very kind words that I am very talented. I never think about it, I just stitch what I like and love. It is very nice to hear that people like what I make.

So again thank you for the books and the card. It really made my day. I was feeling a little down but that surprise package made me feel so much better.

Thank you, my friend,

Callie says hi to her friend Casper.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I was so surprised when I got a package of books from you. Thanks. it really made my day. I love the books.

Also I want to thank you for the very nice card you sent. It means a lot to me that you would send a card. Thank you for the very nice complaints about my cross stitching. I just love to do it. I was so happy when I found out that I won first place and Best in Show. It was only my third year. So I could hardly believe it. It was very nice that the judges thought that my work was good enough to get the first place and Best in Show.

I just love making cross stitch projects. To think that I made that with a piece of fabric, floss and a pattern. It still amazes me that I can do that. I love watching the pattern develop as I stitch it. To see hands and faces and other things come out as I stitch, WOW. I get so much satisfaction from making the projects I do.

Also thank you for the very kind words that I am very talented. I never think about it, I just stitch what I like and love. It is very nice to hear that people like what I make.

So again thank you for the books and the card. It really made my day. I was feeling a little down but that surprise package made me feel so much better.

Thank you, my friend,

Callie says hi to her friend Casper.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I'm glad the surprise package cheered you up! I can't send the books every month, but I like to share them when I can.

I have double-decker cats in the dining room right now - Charlie is asleep on top of the table, and Casper is sound asleep under the table. So cute! Give Callie a scritch from me!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am reading the new Danielle Steel book, Winners, it is really good. I can't put it own.

We are planning our Thanksgiving celebration for Mimosa Village at the B & B.

Also ladies start thinking about those dresses for our Winter/Christmas Ball coming around Christmas.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am reading the new Danielle Steel book, Winners, it is really good. I can't put it own.

We are planning our Thanksgiving celebration for Mimosa Village at the B & B.

Also ladies start thinking about those dresses for our Winter/Christmas Ball coming around Christmas.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I hope we'll be able to share images - I've had a lot of problems with that lately.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, A must read. I just finished the Winners by Danielle Steel. It was great. I loved it.

A must read and a 5 star book.

I am on to the next one. It is called Longbourne as the maids and the life from their viewpoint.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Hi, I love the Winners. It was great. I am going out today with my friend Judy. We are best friends. We talk everyday. She is like a big sister to me.

She had a eye doctor appointment.

Then shopping and a late lunch or early supper.

Talk to you soon. I am also going to start reading Final Cut by Catherine Coulter and we got the new Patricia Cornwell-Dust. I put my name on it. Can't wait to read it.

I also have to start my book club book.

Talk to you later.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Hi, I love the Winners. It was great. I am going out today with my friend Judy. We are best friends. We talk everyday. She is like a big sister to me.

She had a eye doctor appointment.

Then shopping and a late lunch or early supper.

Talk to you soon. I am also going to start reading Final Cut by Catherine Coulter and we got the new Patricia Cornwell-Dust. I put my name on it. Can't wait to read it.

I also have to start my book club book.

Talk to you later.

ReadingPatti and Callie

The Husband's Secret  

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I went out with my friend Judy yesterday. We had a great time. She took me to lunch and we had Chinese. It was a great surprise.

I help her get rabbit feed and she gives me money for helping her. We are best friends.

I just got the new Julia Quinn book.- The Summ of All Kisses. I think it will be great.

I am reading The Arrangement by Mary Balogh. It is good.

Cold this morning but going to warm up.

I am getting ready to go to work.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I went out with my friend Judy yesterday. We had a great time. She took me to lunch and we had Chinese. It was a great surprise.

I help her get rabbit feed and she gives me money for helping her. We are best friends.

I just got the new Julia Quinn book.- The Summ of All Kisses. I think it will be great.

I am reading The Arrangement by Mary Balogh. It is good.

Cold this morning but going to warm up.

I am getting ready to go to work.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I just read the new Julia Quinn book - it was great!

Today I had breakfast with author BETTY HECHTMAN. We had fun talking about Agatha Christie, cozy mysteries and book covers. I hope to see her again soon!

I'm reading:

For Better or Worsted (Crochet Mystery Series #8)   

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I am reading several books as usual. I am reading my book club book- Death along the Spirit Road, I am also reading Final Cut by Catherine Coulter and Longbourne. I am also reading The Arrangement by Mary Balogh. It is good so far. Part of the survivor club series.

Will be working on my stitching today. We are close for the holiday.

YEAH to us Veterans.

Callie says hi to Casper and Charlie.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I am reading several books as usual. I am reading my book club book- Death along the Spirit Road, I am also reading Final Cut by Catherine Coulter and Longbourne. I am also reading The Arrangement by Mary Balogh. It is good so far. Part of the survivor club series.

Will be working on my stitching today. We are close for the holiday.

YEAH to us Veterans.

Callie says hi to Casper and Charlie.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I finished THE HUSBAND'S SECRET and I'm almost through with Betty Hechtman's new book. Soooo many books waiting-to-be-read! Not sure what I'll read next.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, Hi, I am reading Final Cut by Catherine Coulter. I love her Savich and Sherlock books. They are really good.

I am going out with my friend Joyce today. I have an appointment at the eye doctor to check up on me after my catarct surgery. It is a three month check up. I am not happy with my glasses. I was told I would be 20 20 but I see better without them for the computer so I don't know what is going on. I guess I will find what is happening.

Also having lunch and shopping.

I will do some stitching too. I think I have a cold. I am feeling lousy.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, Hi, I am reading Final Cut by Catherine Coulter. I love her Savich and Sherlock books. They are really good.

I am going out with my friend Joyce today. I have an appointment at the eye doctor to check up on me after my catarct surgery. It is a three month check up. I am not happy with my glasses. I was told I would be 20 20 but I see better without them for the computer so I don't know what is going on. I guess I will find what is happening.

Also having lunch and shopping.

I will do some stitching too. I think I have a cold. I am feeling lousy.

ReadingPatti and Callie

Feel better soon, Patti! There's a lot of that going around.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Becke, I know, I am not feeling bad just a lot of sneezing, some coughing and my nose is conjested.

I had a great day with my friend Joyce. We went to lunch then Dollar General. I then went to my eye doctor appointment. I was getting a three month check up on my eyes since the cataract surgery. I am going realy great. There is a very small amount of film on the right implant that the doctor is going to watch. They can remove that with a laser. So I am good for another six months unless I notice something happening.

We went to Wal-Mart. I got some stuff I need and some groceries.

We had a nice time together.

I am about done with Christmas shopping. I have most of my gifts. I have to get gift cards for my great nephew and great nieces. I have one gift to mail and get my Christmas cards ready too.

I will be staying in and stitching and taking care of whatever I have.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Becke, I know, I am not feeling bad just a lot of sneezing, some coughing and my nose is conjested.

I had a great day with my friend Joyce. We went to lunch then Dollar General. I then went to my eye doctor appointment. I was getting a three month check up on my eyes since the cataract surgery. I am going realy great. There is a very small amount of film on the right implant that the doctor is going to watch. They can remove that with a laser. So I am good for another six months unless I notice something happening.

We went to Wal-Mart. I got some stuff I need and some groceries.

We had a nice time together.

I am about done with Christmas shopping. I have most of my gifts. I have to get gift cards for my great nephew and great nieces. I have one gift to mail and get my Christmas cards ready too.

I will be staying in and stitching and taking care of whatever I have.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti and Callie

I haven't started Christmas shopping. It's going to be a tight Christmas for us this year. At least the whole family will be together! Feel better soon!