Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

Kathy..Check their  picture from their balcony ,in 'The Bahamas"..Post to Pen and Deb..Arrangements can be made for Tomorrow.Sun,You can arrive  at Noon,and stay till Wed.I think they can Use,Vaca.days..The suite  has 3 bdrms.I know what you mean about "The Lost Thread"..I kept going Back to TPS  Board..Now this is our"Playground" till start of book...I can get you to the Airport,but Pen and Deb must pick you up  at the Airport....Becke our'Travel Agent" is busy,blogging,reading,looking for Junkets to Italy...Its all taken care of by BecKe and myself...Wake the Girls from their nap before Dinner..Post if you are going,post if you aren't,but you need a Vacation,and a little Reggae    Vtc   Susan.. 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Kathy..Check their  picture from their balcony ,in 'The Bahamas"..Post to Pen and Deb..Arrangements can be made for Tomorrow.Sun,You can arrive  at Noon,and stay till Wed.I think they can Use,Vaca.days..The suite  has 3 bdrms.I know what you mean about "The Lost Thread"..I kept going Back to TPS  Board..Now this is our"Playground" till start of book...I can get you to the Airport,but Pen and Deb must pick you up  at the Airport....Becke our'Travel Agent" is busy,blogging,reading,looking for Junkets to Italy...Its all taken care of by BecKe and myself...Wake the Girls from their nap before Dinner..Post if you are going,post if you aren't,but you need a Vacation,and a little Reggae    Vtc   Susan.. 

Yes, I'll be going,  I think the Bahamas sound great....I'm the Bahamamama!....but first, and at the moment, I've been busy at the Kingdom, getting ready for our Winter Festival, building ice Castles, Fortresses, having snowball fights. Sleigh rides, snowmobiles, skiing...etc.... and making food and sleeping arrangements for the guests, that is if they can make it in all of this snow!  Dumbo, and King Ryan's carpet, is available to fly anyone in, if need be.

Everyone is welcome to come over and see what's going on, there.  Join the festivities!  Play with us!  Bring a guest!  We can hold our going away party, or our return home party, at the Castle, if you guys want to!  Lots of yummy stuff to eat and drink, or bring your favorites along....How does that sound?  It's the perfect venue for lots of people, and we even have saunas and heated pools, if you get tired of playing in the snow!  We can make as much noise as we want, without disturbing the neighbors!!

Soon,

KS

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Yes, I'll be going,  I think the Bahamas sound great....I'm the Bahamamama!....but first, and at the moment, I've been busy at the Kingdom, getting ready for our Winter Festival, building ice Castles, Fortresses, having snowball fights. Sleigh rides, snowmobiles, skiing...etc.... and making food and sleeping arrangements for the guests, that is if they can make it in all of this snow!  Dumbo, and King Ryan's carpet, is available to fly anyone in, if need be.

Everyone is welcome to come over and see what's going on, there.  Join the festivities!  Play with us!  Bring a guest!  We can hold our going away party, or our return home party, at the Castle, if you guys want to!  Lots of yummy stuff to eat and drink, or bring your favorites along....How does that sound?  It's the perfect venue for lots of people, and we even have saunas and heated pools, if you get tired of playing in the snow!  We can make as much noise as we want, without disturbing the neighbors!!

Soon,

KS

Queen...As long as I am not banned any longer..The last statement I received for Taxes Due for the property next door to the Kingdom,was in question..So my Attorneys from the States advised me not to pay..Just to keep the Peace..I will bring 25k in cash..All Single Dollar Bills..I know how your son likes to count $$$$$...See you as soon as I WAKE UP MY NEW Beau...Vtc....He is a Twin,so sometimes I get confused who is who...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Oh,So you are with the Girls in the Bahamas?Debbie and Pen txted me from the Hunka Monka Room..'The Lounge"  Lots of Floating Unbrellas..Bring some home..Fun,,Fun..Fun..Be Bad/Good//Vtc

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm just a regular globetrotter!

pen21
0 Kudos

Yes Becke surprised Debbie and I, found us at the Hunka Monka Room. So now we are sipping our drinks and waiting for all of you. Everyone needs to be here.

Vermontcozy please pick up Kathy and debbaker and anyone else??? and get to the airport. There is another suite next door with many bedrooms and adjoining verandas.

Kathy what a nice invitation to the kingdom. How about a return party. Since half of us are already sunning ourselves in the Bahamas. After the return trip we could use a sauna and heated pools while we get acclimated back to cold weather.

See you all soon. pen21(Luanne)

beach

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ROTFLMAO!  Becke, I'll make you a special umbrella drink, anything for Queen Pollenasia!  It's made with snow, and it's called a snow capped mountain of sex on the beach, with a dash of sand in the crotch, with a cherry on the side, and an umbrella for shade!  Just don't call Mr. Limpet, he remembers the last time you drank a drink similar to this one....The Zombie!

p.s. Please, don't anyone report me to the nasty squad, these are names of real drinks!  (with an addition of a lime twist)  :smileywink:

becke_davis wrote:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've got the cabana boys.

pen21
0 Kudos

I will have cupcakes ready when everyone arrives. pen21

beach cupcakes

KathyS
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Soon,

KS

Queen...As long as I am not banned any longer..The last statement I received for Taxes Due for the property next door to the Kingdom,was in question..So my Attorneys from the States advised me not to pay..Just to keep the Peace..I will bring 25k in cash..All Single Dollar Bills..I know how your son likes to count $$$$$...See you as soon as I WAKE UP MY NEW Beau...Vtc....He is a Twin,so sometimes I get confused who is who...

My Dear Susan, the ban has been lifted.  With no penalties. No down payments.  No cash needed. And no passing go and collecting $200.00 from my son, King Ryan, without my permission.  I am the ruling head of state at this time, and in-charge of the Kingdom.  Only one stipulation will be enforced, and that is, we wish that no evil enter the Kingdom, which means your twin will not be allowed in, if that will be agreeable with you?  If not, I have no choice but to forbid your whole family from entering.  I do not want this to happen, so please, will you agree?

QM, Kathy

KathyS

Those are cool cupcakes!  But I think I'll go with Becke's Cabana Cupcakes!  :smileyhappy:
pen21 wrote:

beach cupcakes

pen21
0 Kudos

I totally agree with you on that! Laurels on that post!

KathyS wrote:
Those are cool cupcakes!  But I think I'll go with Becke's Cabana Cupcakes!  :smileyhappy:
pen21 wrote:

beach cupcakes

KathyS
0 Kudos

Luanne, you are invited to the Kingdom, at any time you wish to come.  Become a part of our Kingdom, and a room will always be waiting, any time, day or night.  Everyone is welcome.  You don't need a special invitation from me.  We will give those who come to our court, a title.  This title remains with you always.

The Wordsmith Words is our newspaper, and you can read it to see what is happening at this moment.  Guests are arriving, as I speak, but they will  probably be melted by the time we get back from the Bahamas.  Which means, the pools will need to be drained of some of its water, and the saunas squeegeed out.  Minor problems to deal with, but pools are always heated, winter or summer!  It is just that the snowmen will not have figured it out until it is too late.

I will see you soon, with bikni in one hand, and my book in the other!

QM, Kathy

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm trying to get us onto book topics every 100 post or so, so here goes: quick, think fast - what were 3 books you LOVED that you read in the past year.

For me (there were a lot more, but these popped into my head):

Dog on It (Chet and Bernie Series #1) 

The Next Best Thing

It Happened One Night

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Have any of you stopped in to chat with our visiting authors this month? Debra Webb is here now - she's really nice, but kind of lonely. No one is talking to her!

KathyS
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Have any of you stopped in to chat with our visiting authors this month? Debra Webb is here now - she's really nice, but kind of lonely. No one is talking to her!

Becke, I'd love to, but I don't know any of these authors...I've lead a sheltered life, or else I don't read romance mysteries.  Sorry, I wish I could help you out.

pen21
0 Kudos

Top three books thinking fast -

Shanghai Girls  

Boneshaker  

Bury Me Deep

pen21
0 Kudos

I have been lurking. checking out the books. These are all new to me too.

KathyS wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Becke, I'd love to, but I don't know any of these authors...I've lead a sheltered life, or else I don't read romance mysteries.  Sorry, I wish I could help you out.

KathyS
0 Kudos

Well, if I could move this party group off of your board, you wouldn't have to introduce the topic of books to us.  :smileyvery-happy:

Four books actually popped into my head:

Moments of Being - Virginia Woolf

Very Valentine - Adriana Trigiani (Her sequel is out, now)

Wishin' and Hopin' - Wally Lamb

The Promised World - Lisa Tucker (up for discussion with Lisa, on the Fiction Board in March...I'll be there, a must!)