Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
New User
crazycatladybj
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-05-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

Funny mysteries are my absolute favorite.

 I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned Joan Hess. She writes 2 series. The Maggody Mysteries are laugh out loud funny.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels


crazycatladybj wrote:

Funny mysteries are my absolute favorite.

 I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned Joan Hess. She writes 2 series. The Maggody Mysteries are laugh out loud funny.


I've read most of her books - I agree, they're great!

New User
Little_Grey_Cells
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-05-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

Double Take: a Hank Hammond, P.I. murder mystery 

 

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels


Little_Grey_Cells wrote:

Double Take: a Hank Hammond, P.I. murder mystery 

 

 


Congratulations! Be sure to watch for the free NookBooks and the 99 cent specials!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
Posts: 4,389
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels


Little_Grey_Cells wrote:

Double Take: a Hank Hammond, P.I. murder mystery 

 

 



Welcome, Little_Grey_Cells!  I love your username - with a name like that, you should fit in here just fine!  Lots of Christie fans here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Author
snowloverVD
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎05-02-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels - Klondike Gold Rush Series

If you like history with your comedy, try the Klondike Gold Rush series by Vicki Delany.  They're published by Dundurn Press.  The books are basically a mad romp through the muddy streets of Dawson City in 1898 during the Klondike Gold Rush.  "Smart and Funny," says the Globe and Mail.  They are, Gold Digger, Gold Fever, and Gold Mountain. 

 

Gold Digger 

 

 

Gold Mountain  

New User
Gayla66
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-11-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

This is an awesome tool!  Thanks for sharing.  It's exactly what I've been looking for!

 

Gayla

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

Feel free to add your own suggestions here, too!

Reader 4
rumisshuggs
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

Don't know if you every read Barbara Coffey.  I like mystery especially if they are quick reads which Ms. Coffey are.  Also I read and author with a last name of Stroh.  Her main character's name is I believe "Bubbles". 

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels


rumisshuggs wrote:

Don't know if you every read Barbara Coffey.  I like mystery especially if they are quick reads which Ms. Coffey are.  Also I read and author with a last name of Stroh.  Her main character's name is I believe "Bubbles". 

 


Do you have any titles by Barbara Coffey? I'm not finding any mystery books with that author name.

 

I haven't found any authors named Stroh yet, either. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

[ Edited ]

Possibly she means these books written by Jinx Swartz which the character is named Hetta Coffey:

 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/jinx-swartz-hetta-coffey-mystery-books?csrfToken=eifXAGZOp6AvsyhZb80...

 

Sarah Stroymeyer writes books with a character named "Bubbles"

 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/sarah-strohmeyer?csrfToken=eifXAGZOp6AvsyhZb80riidYEIV1RqqY&store=bo...

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels


eadieburke wrote:

Possibly she means these books written by Jinx Swartz which the character is named Hetta Coffey:

 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/jinx-swartz-hetta-coffey-mystery-books?csrfToken=eifXAGZOp6AvsyhZb80...

 

Sarah Stroymeyer writes books with a character named "Bubbles"

 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/sarah-strohmeyer?csrfToken=eifXAGZOp6AvsyhZb80riidYEIV1RqqY&store=bo...


Thanks, Eadie!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

Your welcome! I learned some detecting from all those mysteries that we read.
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels


eadieburke wrote:
Your welcome! I learned some detecting from all those mysteries that we read.

I dub you our Sleuth of the Day!

 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,237
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

I don't believe anyone else has mentioned Claudia Bishop. She writes two mystery series(three if you count the one she writes as Mary Stanton) but the one I find the funniest is the Veterninary one. Just looking at the titles should give you an idea!

The Case of the Roasted Onion (Dr. McKenzie Series #1)  

The Case of the Tough-Talking Turkey (Dr. McKenzie Series #2)  

The Case of the Ill-Gotten Goat (Dr. McKenzie Series #3)  

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels


Fricka wrote:

I don't believe anyone else has mentioned Claudia Bishop. She writes two mystery series(three if you count the one she writes as Mary Stanton) but the one I find the funniest is the Veterninary one. Just looking at the titles should give you an idea!

The Case of the Roasted Onion (Dr. McKenzie Series #1)  

The Case of the Tough-Talking Turkey (Dr. McKenzie Series #2)  

The Case of the Ill-Gotten Goat (Dr. McKenzie Series #3)  


I've read several of her books, but not for awhile. Thanks for the reminder!

New User
judison
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-12-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

I highly recommend Author Rhonda Pollero with her Finley Anderson Tanner series, there are 5 of them now and I hope there will be more.
Author
Beth_Groundwater
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎03-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels

My favorite funny mystery authors are Donna Andrews, Carl Hiaasen, Tim Cockey, and Sharyn McCrumb's first two books, Bimbos of the Death Sun and Zombies of the Gene Pool.

--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Mystery Novels


judison wrote:
I highly recommend Author Rhonda Pollero with her Finley Anderson Tanner series, there are 5 of them now and I hope there will be more.

Bargain Hunting  

Slightly Irregular  

Knock'em Dead  

Knock Off  

Fat Chance  

Knock Off  

Slightly Irregular