Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Leap Day!

Hi, Debbie, hope you are doing well.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Becke, we had a thunderstorm this morning at 7AM. Wake up! My cats all flew under the bed. We're supposed to have more storms today and tomorrow. It was 80 degrees yesterday. Unreal!!!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
dhaupt
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Hi, Debbie, hope you are doing well.

Hi maxcat, doing great busy and dodging raindrops :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Hope you feel better soon, Fricka!!!

As for the weather here, it snowed for two days, so we finally have some snow on the ground for the first time since October (at least snow that will stay for a couple of days).  I hate going out in it, but this year I have been waiting for this all winter.  Being out of work, I have been dying to just stay in and be grateful I don't have to go out!  So I can actually enjoy how pretty it is.  It won't last that long, though - we have forecasts in the 60s next week!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

No snow here but we've had some thunderstorms. There've been tornadoes south of us, so I can't complain.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Just had a bout of hail, heavy rain, and some thunder wih a dash of lightning. Now is sunshine and 58 degrees.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, are you okay? You have some serious storms heading your way. Nineteen tornadoes on the ground in various states! Take care.

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Hi Holly I am glad your ok !  And Becke hope you are too ! 

Its rough weather in Indiana & Ohio today.  and for everyone else in the tornado effected areas. Keep safe everyone.!  

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I heard sombody I know had their roof taken off. I hope they are ok. I glad it was just heavy rain and hail here. The creepy stuff though is yet to come. Been more than once I watch the clouds twist and circle over head. Very creepy.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Powers out. Hmm I love my nook and me CD player. :smileyhappy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I hope everyone who lives in or near the affected areas is okay. These storms mean business!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Powers back! My well wishes to those who had the mean stuff.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, are you okay? You have some serious storms heading your way. Nineteen tornadoes on the ground in various states! Take care.

Thanks for asking - I live in Clermont County, so it was close. The storms demolished a town about 10 miles from us. The tornado sirens went off twice - we spent part of the evening in the basement. It seems to have blown over now.

http://www.onntv.com/content/stories/2012/03/02/story-possible-moscow-tornado.html

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/weather/weather_news/possible-3-tornados-hit-southwest-ohio

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news/4-killed-in-ripley-county-after-severe-storms

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news/woman-killed-in-moscow-tornado

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/weather/weather_news/toddler-found-alone-in-indiana-field-after-devastating-...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Becke, glad you are safe and well!! Saw the photos of the Midwest storm damage, awful, awful.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Becke, glad you are safe and well!! Saw the photos of the Midwest storm damage, awful, awful.

I was lucky, but others weren't. My friends Keri Stevens and Renee Vincent live in Kentucky. While both of them are okay, Renee is housing neighbors whose home was destroyed - they had to dig one of their horses out of the crushed barn, and they haven't found the other horses. Keri's neighbors are okay but their house is demolished. The neighborhood is workin together to help the family.

These are Keri and Renee's books:

Stone Kissed 

The Fall Of Rain   

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Hi Becke,  So glad your ok ! 

Those tornados are terrible ! 

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, I heard that a housing development just a couple of miles northeast of where I live was flattened with at least 20 homes damaged or destroyed. I woke up around 2:30AM to hear pounding rain and thunder but went back to sleep. Then at 4:30AM, I awoke to thunder again, this time to the south of us. I'm tired today, for sure. I'm glad you are okay but saddened by your friends' misfortune. You just never know when tornadoes are going to hit and what they will hit. I've seen video of a path a tornado took last year where it randomly picked houses. Some were damaged and the one next door would be still intact.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, I heard that a housing development just a couple of miles northeast of where I live was flattened with at least 20 homes damaged or destroyed. I woke up around 2:30AM to hear pounding rain and thunder but went back to sleep. Then at 4:30AM, I awoke to thunder again, this time to the south of us. I'm tired today, for sure. I'm glad you are okay but saddened by your friends' misfortune. You just never know when tornadoes are going to hit and what they will hit. I've seen video of a path a tornado took last year where it randomly picked houses. Some were damaged and the one next door would be still intact.

Oh my gosh, that's awful! This storm is a record-breaker - so many dead, so much devastation.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

optic_i wrote:

Hi Becke,  So glad your ok ! 

Those tornados are terrible ! 

Thanks - I hope all of YOU are okay!