Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: Quick jump off-topic: B&N sells Vera Bradley products!

All-in-one Wristlet in the Suzani pattern--this is the one I just got. Have to say I am in a bit of a quandary now. I got the writstlet with the idea of giving it as a gift to my niece-in-law. I thought I would get one for myself in the Rhythm and Blues pattern. Now that I've gotten my hands on the Suzani  wristlet, though, I am thinking I might keep it. It looks kind of neat, looped through the hook and closure of the Tote bag, and the contrast is actually appealing to me. Maybe I will think about a different present for my niece.
" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Sorry--started having some problems with the formatting, so thought I would go ahead and post before my lines disappeared.

I just wanted to note that compared to becke, dulcinea3, Holly, and some of the rest of you, I am a complete neophyte when it comes to the Vera Bradley line. I've seen the products before, but they always seemed way too expensive, so I just passed them by.

I was really drooling over how pretty some of the new totes looked, so I imagine I will have to get at least one more, for Spring or Summer. I've not noticed B&N carrying the VB line of totes before, so my impression is that this is a new thing(at least, it's new to ME, and that's what counts, heh heh.:cattongue:)

I have previously bought totes from my Barnes and Noble store at Christmas time, and Spring/Easter.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:
All-in-one Wristlet in the Suzani pattern--this is the one I just got. Have to say I am in a bit of a quandary now. I got the writstlet with the idea of giving it as a gift to my niece-in-law. I thought I would get one for myself in the Rhythm and Blues pattern. Now that I've gotten my hands on the Suzani  wristlet, though, I am thinking I might keep it. It looks kind of neat, looped through the hook and closure of the Tote bag, and the contrast is actually appealing to me. Maybe I will think about a different present for my niece.

I  mix and match her patterns, too. I have this glasses case:

and another one in this pattern:

I LOVE that brown - I have a small duffle bag in that pattern, too.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good Morning!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: Good Morning!

Morning! :smileyhappy: And I was just kidding yesterday about HKS. But I do make all that stuff. Not the rocks yet but I have the tool now for it. HKS is not a Co. its just my initials. Thanks optic for playing along.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Morning! :smileyhappy: And I was just kidding yesterday about HKS. But I do make all that stuff. Not the rocks yet but I have the tool now for it. HKS is not a Co. its just my initials. Thanks optic for playing along.

Well, you sure fooled ME, Holly! I even went back online to check out those initials. Did you know there's

an architectural firm with those initials????

Oh, and thanks for that cute morning greeting, becke. For some reason, this morning FEELS more like Monday than yesterday did. My head feels all wooly inside. Time for some hot tea, I think.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hee hee I figured Google would get used. No didn't know about the firm. I never look up my own name. But I do make the stuff. My leather bookmarks I cheat and buy leather string and use my would burner to burn names or desins. But my other stuff I do tan my own leather. Still working on a leather cloak its almost done. Just leather takes a lot of time. And have a stone maker aka jem maker I haven't tryed yet. It looks like a grinding wheel on a dumbhead. It came with all kinds of polishes and different wheels. Be neat to learn how it works. It'll be my project for warmer weather.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:

:smileysurprised: You fooled me, too!  I was feeling dumb because I had never heard of HKS! :smileyembarrassed:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hee hee hee. :smileytongue: I like jokes :smileyhappy: Happy Tuesday everyone!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Leap Day!

Thought I'd post this a few hours early and beat the crowds...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Leap Day!

In Cincinnati, March came in like a lamb. Not the case where the tornadoes hit!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Same here in Clovertucky. :smileywink: Feel bad fot the ones that got the tornatoes. :smileysad:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Same here in Clovertucky. :smileywink: Feel bad fot the ones that got the tornatoes. :smileysad:

Think that is supposed to be tornaDoes,, not tomatoes,  Holly. But thanks for the chuckle, I need it.

This has not been a great week for me. I missed work on Monday because of a migraine, and now this morning I woke up with a sore throat and running nose. I'm planning to stay in and drink lots of fluids, take mega doses of Vit, C, maybe fix some soup for lunch and get enough rest to try to shake off this cold. I have a pretty good idea where I got it, too--one of the students I worked with last week came in with a runny nose, and kept having to use kleenexes to mop up with. One of the hazards that teachers and tutors face --the sick student who doesn't know enough to STAY HOME when he or she clearly has all the symptoms that indicate "COLD"! 

What's worse is that my Dad has a cold, too, so I'm having to take care of him as well as myself. Don't know what it is about men who get sick, but they seem to be clueless about what to do  :catfrustrated: Rats! just had another miserable sneeze come out! Anyway, if you notice I'm missing from the boards here at the forum this weekend, you'll kinow why.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Sorry you're under the weather

[ Edited ]

Fricka wrote:

GS2991 wrote:

Think that is supposed to be tornaDoes,, not tomatoes,  Holly. But thanks for the chuckle, I need it.

This has not been a great week for me. I missed work on Monday because of a migraine, and now this morning I woke up with a sore throat and running nose. I'm planning to stay in and drink lots of fluids, take mega doses of Vit, C, maybe fix some soup for lunch and get enough rest to try to shake off this cold. I have a pretty good idea where I got it, too--one of the students I worked with last week came in with a runny nose, and kept having to use kleenexes to mop up with. One of the hazards that teachers and tutors face --the sick student who doesn't know enough to STAY HOME when he or she clearly has all the symptoms that indicate "COLD"! 

What's worse is that my Dad has a cold, too, so I'm having to take care of him as well as myself. Don't know what it is about men who get sick, but they seem to be clueless about what to do  :catfrustrated: Rats! just had another miserable sneeze come out! Anyway, if you notice I'm missing from the boards here at the forum this weekend, you'll kinow why.

Fricka, so sorry you're under the weather :smileysad:

And how true about sick men, good luck with yours

Blowing Runny Nose emoticon (Sick emoticons)Cold emoticon (Sick emoticons)Winter Cold emoticon (Sick emoticons)In bed and sick emoticon (Sick emoticons)

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Friday

[ Edited ]
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Opps sorry. Hey Nook keyboard. I missed it. Hmmmm a cold... well don't get me sick! :smileytongue:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

GS2991 wrote:

Fricka - Hope you feel better soon!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Hi Debbie!

HI :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Sorry you don't feel well. I hope it goes away quickly and you are right about men when they are sick. My husband wants attention or he won't go to the doctor when he is sick.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost