Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

Got Books.  I felt like the Easter Bunny paid a visit

J

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

leisure_reader wrote:

Got Books.  I felt like the Easter Bunny paid a visit

J

Hurray! Did Leigh get hers yet?

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

It was early easter...your package and mine on the same day!  :smileyvery-happy:

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Still roaming around.  Is there a way to see the date of these posts?  I was wondering if this 'not a contest" prize bunny was still hopping, and although I can see plenty of new posts, I can't find dates except on the first one.  I usually use the dates to see how recent conversations are so that I don't post to some conversation Cleopatra had with her buddies way back when...

Using the Easter Bunnies as a guide, I'm guessing this thread is current.  Or that I've really gotten lost and Easter already happened this year.  Time flies!!!  Erk!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Maria:
Under the heading of the post, there will be how many minutes ago the post was made or a day of the week which means it's current. If you check back further in 2010 they would use the exact date the post was made. It seems around January 2011 they changed and started using just the day of the week, or 2 weeks ago or just January, February etc. 
I hope my explanation helps you, if not check different pages of GOT BOOKS and you should be able to figure it out.

BearMountainBooks wrote:

Still roaming around.  Is there a way to see the date of these posts?  I was wondering if this 'not a contest" prize bunny was still hopping, and although I can see plenty of new posts, I can't find dates except on the first one.  I usually use the dates to see how recent conversations are so that I don't post to some conversation Cleopatra had with her buddies way back when...

Using the Easter Bunnies as a guide, I'm guessing this thread is current.  Or that I've really gotten lost and Easter already happened this year.  Time flies!!!  Erk!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

BearMountainBooks wrote:

Maria - This is an ongoing thread. Since we're not allowed to have contests here, Got Books? is an "incentive" I offer to all of you who visit faithfully and post comments to let our guest authors know there's someone besides me chatting with them!

At the end of every month I scroll through the comments and write down names of all the people who commented. If you've posted comments on four or more author threads that month (sometimes we have a lot more guest authors, but you only need to comment on four threads), I'll mail you some books, bookmarks and other goodies - sometimes a mystery magazine, sometimes a fun button/pin - you never know!

The books include used ones from my own humongous collection (my husband is thrilled that I'm whittling it down a bit). The package may include books I've just read and sometimes you'll get some brand new books, too.

I'll let the others tell you more about the kinds of books they've received. I'm not sure how long this has been going on - a year, maybe? I'll keep it going as long as you all participate, and as long as the books last. Some months you may receive more than others, especially if I've been to a conference recently. I like to surprise you!

If you want to participate, just remember to post comments on the author threads and send me your address in a personal message here. That's all it takes, and it's open to everyone.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention an important detail - I want to introduce you all to more books and authors, and when you get these incentive packages, I hope you will buy more books by those authors right here at B&N!

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Forgot to mention an important detail - I want to introduce you all to more books and authors, and when you get these incentive packages, I hope you will buy more books by those authors right here at B&N!

You've succeeded.

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Thanks for the "date" tip.  I kept looking for an actual date and the "yesterday" and "8 hours ago" was grayed out ... or I'm unable to read small lines of text due to not reading closely...

I could see older dates, at least the first one on the left of the post so that is where I kept looking.  What a dork, I can be.

Okay, good to know.  This sounds like fun.   I've told a few of my buddies about the site; I'll have to link to this thread too and then check to see which authors are coming up the remainder of this month.!

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
becke_davis
0 Kudos

BearMountainBooks wrote:

Thanks for the "date" tip.  I kept looking for an actual date and the "yesterday" and "8 hours ago" was grayed out ... or I'm unable to read small lines of text due to not reading closely...

I could see older dates, at least the first one on the left of the post so that is where I kept looking.  What a dork, I can be.

Okay, good to know.  This sounds like fun.   I've told a few of my buddies about the site; I'll have to link to this thread too and then check to see which authors are coming up the remainder of this month.!

Maria

It isn't easy to tell when a thread is new or when we've brought an old thread back by adding new comments to it. To check on that you can search the subject line - when it comes up in the "search" list, it will show the date the thread started.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

There is a setting that switches between the actual dates and the '20 minutes ago' format.  When they changed it a while back, someone told me about it, and I have it set to show the dates, which I prefer.  If you search through the settings, you may find it on your own, or maybe someone can tell you exactly where to find it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Smokin' Six-Shooter 

Some of you received this book in your packages - Harlequin sent me five copies of it to share. They would like to hear back from any of you who read it. What did you like about it? You can post here or send me a personal message. If you passed it on to someone else - no problem. Let me know so I can tell Harlequin. Thanks!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Becke, I passed my copy on to a coffeehouse within the Restore for Habitat for Humanity. They will pass it on to someone else. 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, I passed my copy on to a coffeehouse within the Restore for Habitat for Humanity. They will pass it on to someone else. 

That's a great idea! Thanks for letting me know.

I'll start packing up the next shipment of Got Books? soon. I'll let you know when I mail them.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

This month I'm including some hard cover editions with Got Books?, which is making them heavier than usual. I couldn't manage them all in one trip, so I mailed a bunch today and the rest will go out tomorrow. Sorry it takes so long for me to sort and pack them - one of these days I'll take a picture of my living room with stacks of books all over the place, ready to go in the jiffy bags!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Becke:

My books came probably on Saturday but my husband just brought in the mail and there it was! Another "GOT BOOKS" package from Becke!

Love the variety of different books and authors! The bookmarks, postcards, buttons and pens are also extras that I look forward too!

Thanks again for adding to my TPR pile! Made my day!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Becke:

My books came probably on Saturday but my husband just brought in the mail and there it was! Another "GOT BOOKS" package from Becke!

Love the variety of different books and authors! The bookmarks, postcards, buttons and pens are also extras that I look forward too!

You all will probably receive these in the course of the next few days, if you haven't already. I staggered the mailing this time.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Becke:

Hope you enjoy them!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just got my books, Becke and WOW is all I can say. I love Martha Grimes and James Patterson. I'm reading the Beatrix Potter series by Susan Wittig Albert. So this will give me another another opportunity to read another side of her. Plus the bookmarks and a badge. Did you have the badge made especially for us?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost