Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

I'm glad you like the erasers - I've been trying to find little things (like the pins I included a few times last year) to spice up the packages.

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

I think doing occasonal book reviews is a great idea!! I only review books I LOVE, and am dying to share with friends. Sounds like a fun idea. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

I think doing occasonal book reviews is a great idea!! I only review books I LOVE, and am dying to share with friends. Sounds like a fun idea. 

I used to review books over at Romance: B(u)y the Book (before it went on permanent hiatus), but I am more comfortable promoting (and reading!) than reviewing. But you are all welcome to post your reviews here any time you want!

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Hi Becke , I loved the tiny cupcake with my valentine !  How sweet of you !   :heart:  Optic

becke_davis
0 Kudos

optic_i wrote:

Hi Becke , I loved the tiny cupcake with my valentine !  How sweet of you !   :heart:  Optic

Sorry they were late! I couldn't fit them in normal envelopes.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

If any of you want to be added to my mailing list, send me your snail mail address in a personal message here. Thanks!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

It's VERY quiet today so the first three people (in addition to Eadie, who has already commented) who post a comment on Dee J. Adams' thread today will get an extra treat from me! 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

It's VERY quiet today so the first three people (in addition to Eadie, who has already commented) who post a comment on Dee J. Adams' thread today will get an extra treat from me! 

Don't know if I'm one of the first three, but I just posted on Dee J's thread.:cathappy:

Sorry-- I cannot get away from:catlol: using those cat emoticons now!:catlol:

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

That's two - Catwoman and Eadie. 

Two down, two to go! There's no limit to the number of people who can qualify for Got Books? (scroll back to the beginning of this thread for more details), but this is an extra because it's been so dead today. 

Go for it!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Image Detail

Moi? :catlol:

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Image Detail

Moi? :catlol:

Heh heh heh

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Now we have Eadie, Fricka-slash-Catwoman and GS2991. And maybe one more - not sure if the other commenter is there because she saw this. 

GS, send me your mailing address in a personal message here.

If any of you are reading this and would like to join in the fun, send me a personal message with YOUR mailing address and I'll add you to my list. This is my personal mailing list only - no one else sees it. You might get Valentine's or Halloween or the occasional holiday card from me but that's it. And Got Books?, of course, if you comment at least three times a month on author threads here.

Mardi Gras And Fat Tuesday Like Ash Wednesday

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hi there! :smileyhappy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Okay, Max is our 4th person. (Although if you are the new person on the boards who posted a comment on Dee's thread, I'll add you to the list - just give me your snail mail address!)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Okay, Max is our 4th person. (Although if you are the new person on the boards who posted a comment on Dee's thread, I'll add you to the list - just give me your snail mail address!)

Mailed your treats today!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Yaaaaay! :smileyhappy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Mailed your treats today!

That's exciting!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Hi Becke and all,

It's been a while since I have posted anything...not enough hours in the day!

I received a great assorment of books from you Becke and thank you very much.  I really think I need to get back into my leisure reader mode but right now everything I read seems to be technical and not much fun.  I think I will need better time management (or less work?) between work and play.

I received a card from Denis Swanson regarding a book signing with a couple of our other authors next month near me.  She has a new series coming out!  Release date of March 6th? I believe. 

I will need to take some more "me time" and catch up with everything.

THanks for the books

J

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

leisure_reader wrote:

Hi Becke and all,

I received a great assorment of books from you Becke and thank you very much.  I really think I need to get back into my leisure reader mode but right now everything I read seems to be technical and not much fun.  I think I will need better time management (or less work?) between work and play.

I received a card from Denis Swanson regarding a book signing with a couple of our other authors next month near me.  She has a new series coming out!  Release date of March 6th? I believe. 

THanks for the books

J

Denise Swanson will be visiting here on Tuesday March 1. Mark your calendar!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

leisure_reader wrote:

Hi Becke and all,

THanks for the books

J

Great to see you! I read Denise's new book and it's really good!