Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

There are guest blogs, featured authors and author Q&As this month. Will I find your name in the comments on at least three of those threads? You might want to double-check!

becke_davis

Update:

I haven't mailed anything yet. It's very hard for me to find time to get everything sorted, packed and mailed these days. I have the baby here from about 8 a.m. to 5 or 6 p.m. every day, and it's too nasty outside to take her to the post office with me.

I'll try to double up and make one shipment with the February and March Got Books?. I don't know how long I'll be able to do this, but I'll keep it up as long as I can.

Sorry about the delay.

Becke
becke_davis

I mailed a bunch of book packages today!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

I Got Books!!!  I wasn't really expecting any, so thanks so much, Becke!!!  I am really thrilled with the Anna Katherine Green that has two novels!  I have been really curious about her since we had her in our American Classics feature.  Really looking forward to delving into that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

I Got Books!!!  I wasn't really expecting any, so thanks so much, Becke!!!  I am really thrilled with the Anna Katherine Green that has two novels!  I have been really curious about her since we had her in our American Classics feature.  Really looking forward to delving into that!

I saw several posts from you, so you Got Books! I sent out about 10 packages. 

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

I got my books too! Great selection! Thanks, Becke!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Got Books also today! Great selection and thanks as always, Becke.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Thanks Becke!  I can't wait to read these, and one of them I've been wanting for a very long time.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I mailed the packages Saturday, so this is relatively fast for media mail!

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Thanks Becke,  for the package. :smileyhappy:  

Since we have had a rough winter here in N.E. My mail box is now found. We have been picking up are mail at the post office since February. Good thing we didn't put it back up yet. We had almost 2 Ft of snow last Saturday. So we will wait a while longer. Although last weeks snow is melting a lot faster then the 3 Ft. we had in February. Think Spring ! :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

optic_i wrote:

Thanks Becke,  for the package. :smileyhappy:  

Since we have had a rough winter here in N.E. My mail box is now found. We have been picking up are mail at the post office since February. Good thing we didn't put it back up yet. We had almost 2 Ft of snow last Saturday. So we will wait a while longer. Although last weeks snow is melting a lot faster then the 3 Ft. we had in February. Think Spring ! :smileyhappy:

Chicago normally gets a LOT of snow, but this year we've had less snow than Cincinnati. It's quite cold though - a lot colder than last year, when it was 81 degrees on this date! (Boo-hoo!)

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you Becke, so much. Got TWO packages, I think it was two days ago(Sorry, have been taking cold meds, and that detracts from my short-term memory!) I was thrilled to get the books because I've been sick and didn't think I had posted enough to merit a package this time.

Hate to have to confess this, but I don't think I have read a Deborah Crombie novel before. I've been looking the hard cover version of her book, The Sound of Broken Glass over, and think it is just the kind of book I will enjoy reading. Love the maps of London included in the inside cover, and am hoping that Bert the cat, who is one of the features on the map, will be in the story as well.

And of course, the assorted bookmarkers and postcards added to my enjoyment as well, Becke.

The Sound of Broken Glass (Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James Series #15)  

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka - You got two packages because I stupidly sealed one and then realized I'd left a couple of books out. I couldn't open the first package without tearing it - grrr!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Fricka - You got two packages because I stupidly sealed one and then realized I'd left a couple of books out. I couldn't open the first package without tearing it - grrr!

Well, although I didn't know WHY I had gotten two packages, I certainly enjoyed getting them! That really made my day! :smileylol:

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Fricka, Becke also sent me a Deborah Crombie hardcover a while back.  I had exactly the same reaction as you - I had never read one before, but when I took a look at it, I knew I would like it!  I also was struck by the beautiful map, and also by the literary quotes at the beginning of each chapter.  The map in mine (In a Dark House) had a fireman with his dog in the corner.  I don't think they were major characters, but they did appear.  I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I did mine!

Fricka wrote:

Hate to have to confess this, but I don't think I have read a Deborah Crombie novel before. I've been looking the hard cover version of her book, The Sound of Broken Glass over, and think it is just the kind of book I will enjoy reading. Love the maps of London included in the inside cover, and am hoping that Bert the cat, who is one of the features on the map, will be in the story as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Fricka, Becke also sent me a Deborah Crombie hardcover a while back.  I had exactly the same reaction as you - I had never read one before, but when I took a look at it, I knew I would like it!  I also was struck by the beautiful map, and also by the literary quotes at the beginning of each chapter.  The map in mine (In a Dark House) had a fireman with his dog in the corner.  I don't think they were major characters, but they did appear.  I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I did mine!

Fricka wrote:

I've read this series from book one, but I THINK (I hope!) you'll still enjoy this copies as stand-alones. It's a wonderful series! You'd never know reading them that Deborah Crombie isn't a born-and-bred Londoner!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Somewhere on the boards I mentioned that while I've had to discontinue Got Books? for awhile due to budgetary constraints, I will go through to see who has been making the most comments on our author threads. This includes any thread where an author is visiting in the month of June.

The person who posts the most comments will Get Books. If there's a tie, two of you will Get Books. 

This includes Featured Author threads, One-Day Features, etc., and includes this week's three-for-one feature with Julie Hyzy, Hannah Reed and Lorraine Bartlett.

Thanks for participating!

becke_davis

[ Edited ]

Okay, since it's the last day of June, I've compiled a list of who commented where. (Not counting my own comments!) I'll include a tally and a breakdown:

Beth Groundwater feature - commenters: Debbie Haupt, Frica, Maxcat

Alex Grecian feature - commenters: Fricka, Maxcat, Roxane40 and JulieKarma

Lucy Burdette feature - commenters: none

Jordan McCollum feature - commenters: Fricka, Maxcat

Craig Johnson feature - commenters: Debbie Haupt, Fricka

James Rollins feature - commenters: RyanG, Maxcat

Imogen Robertson feature - commenters: Debbie Haupt, Maxcat

Wendy Roberts feature - commenters: Maxcat, Debbie Haupt, Kate Rothwell

Peg Herring feature - commenters: Maxcat

Matthew Dunn feature - commenters: RyanB, Maxcat

Adam Lebor feature - commenters: Maxcat, RyanB

Dan Fante feature - commenters: Maxcat

Jonathan Holt feature - commenters: Maxcat, Debbie Haupt

Triple Header with Julie Hyzy, Lorraine Bartlett and Hannah Reed - commenters: RyanG, Debbie Haupt and Maxcat

Tally:

Debbie Haupt: 6 comments

Fricka: 4 comments

RyanG: 4 comments

Maxcat: 12 comments

Double check my tally! MAXCAT is the winner of the June GOT BOOKS drawing! Debbie - if there are any books you're looking for, let me know. Fricka and Ryan - thank you so much for participating!

Based on these figures, I'm going to cut down on the number of authors I'm inviting to the Mystery Forum. I tried the one-day features as a summer special, but I won't continue those after this summer. 

I'll probably do a drawing for July Got Books, too. Thanks for participating!

becke_davis

A reminder that this incentive is open to everyone. I used to send books to everyone who posted three times or more. I can't afford to do that right now so I'm tallying the number of comments you each make, and the person who comments the most in a particular month gets a package of books. This is open to everyone (in the U.S. that is - I can't afford overseas postage). New participants are eligible, too - it's not a contest, but an incentive to chat with our guest authors.