Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

Thanks, Becke. I didn't think I commented that much, especially as I commented a day late on some. 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Thanks, Becke. I didn't think I commented that much, especially as I commented a day late on some. 

The authors check back for comments, so posting a day late is not a problem!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Max, I mailed your books yesterday.

Everyone else - the July tally has begun!

Thanks for participating.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Thanks, Becke, I'll be on the lookout for them.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

So far, it looks like only Maxcat and Debbie Haupt are in the running for this month's Got Books? package. No one else has commented on John Clement's featured thread.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi all. I held off on Got Books? for awhile because there were so few comments. Now things are picking up again so I'll try to send some books out soon. I can't do it every month, as I have in the past - not enough time or money - but I'll try to send at least one or two people books every month. The more you comment, the more your chances are of getting books!

Thanks for participating!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, I got my books late last night. Our postman is relatively new and he delivers the mail around 6PM. The only thing is he goes back to his truck and then delivers the packages in the neighborhood. So he left your two packages on our porch and left. When my husband and i took a small walk at 10PM, I noticed them and hid them at our back door. Wonderful assortment of new books. Thanks, Becke, I be reading for a while.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, I got my books late last night. Our postman is relatively new and he delivers the mail around 6PM. The only thing is he goes back to his truck and then delivers the packages in the neighborhood. So he left your two packages on our porch and left. When my husband and i took a small walk at 10PM, I noticed them and hid them at our back door. Wonderful assortment of new books. Thanks, Becke, I be reading for a while.

You were the top commenter again, Max - since I missed out last month, I sent you an extra package to make up for it. I'm glad you found the packages!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

I Got Books, too - what a nice surprise!  At the condos, we have individual mail compartments and when there is a package that doesn't fit, there's one larger compartment, and he leaves the key in the individual one.  I had just received a package from B&N the day before, so I was surprised to see the key again the next day!  Thanks, Becke!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

I Got Books, too - what a nice surprise!  At the condos, we have individual mail compartments and when there is a package that doesn't fit, there's one larger compartment, and he leaves the key in the individual one.  I had just received a package from B&N the day before, so I was surprised to see the key again the next day!  Thanks, Becke!!!

You're very welcome! I didn't send packages to ALL of you - if I missed some of you this time I'll get you next time around if I see you posting comments here. I can't afford to send the packages every month now, but I'll try to do it more often. Enjoy!

If you're new here and post comments regularly, shoot me your address and I'll add you to this list. Thanks!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

P.S. - Adaline is going to love this graphic - she's crazy about cats!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

For Adaline:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

For Adaline:

She's going to LOVE these!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Those are darling Kitty pics, dulcinea3. I don't know about Adaline, but I could sit and look at them --well, maybe not for hours, but for a few minutes at least.

becke, I got my package yesterday. So thrilled to get books  by authors I am not yet familiar with!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Those are darling Kitty pics, dulcinea3. I don't know about Adaline, but I could sit and look at them --well, maybe not for hours, but for a few minutes at least.

becke, I got my package yesterday. So thrilled to get books  by authors I am not yet familiar with!

I hope you enjoy them! :-)