Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

maxcat wrote:

Becke, I got my books today and thank you once again for all the signed bookmarks and the pin. Did you have those made? Anyway, it was a good selection this month and even a book by Lois Winston!

I got the pins from Zazzle - one of my favorite online stores. Aren't they fun?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

I got the Got Books? package today--what an unexpected treat! Besides the books, there were lots of great bookmarks, and a copy of Mystery Scene Magazine, which I have just started reading. Well, to my surprise, when I turned one of the pages of MSM, a Got Books? button fell out! I plan to wear it every time I go to the library or a bookstore now! Thanks, becke!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I saw those buttons on Zazzle and couldn't resist...

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

I got books today too! Thanks, Becke! They all look great and I can't wait to read them! That TBR pile just grew by inches! I also like the Magna Cum Murder newsletter, bookmarks (can never have enough of those), Cozy Up To Our Killer Books button and the got books? button. If Flicka is going to wear her 'got books?' button, then I'm going to wear mine too! I also got a recipe for a Roy's Hawaiian Martini - can't wait to try one of those! I'm going to a wine dinner Friday night, I'll bring the recipe and ask the bartender to make me one! 

Thanks again, Becke! Your packages are great fun to open!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

I got books today too! Thanks, Becke! They all look great and I can't wait to read them! That TBR pile just grew by inches! I also like the Magna Cum Murder newsletter, bookmarks (can never have enough of those), Cozy Up To Our Killer Books button and the got books? button. If Flicka is going to wear her 'got books?' button, then I'm going to wear mine too! I also got a recipe for a Roy's Hawaiian Martini - can't wait to try one of those! I'm going to a wine dinner Friday night, I'll bring the recipe and ask the bartender to make me one! 

Thanks again, Becke! Your packages are great fun to open!

I always try to throw in some extras - everyone should have received a Got Books? pin this time, but other than that you all have a random assortment of goodies to enjoy!

becke_davis

Patti raised a good question. She wasn't sure which threads she needed to comment on to be included in Got Books?, especially when there are guest blogs and surprise visits from authors.

You only need to post on the featured author threads. This month's authors are listed on the "coming up at Mystery" thread - Lorna Barrett this week, Daniel Palmer and Michael Palmer next week, and then Molly Macrae and Karen Shepard earlier this month. If you want to post a comment when there is a guest blog (like Allison Brennan's next week), I'll throw in more extras for you, or add another book.

Thanks for asking, Patti!

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

I GOT BOOKS!

Thank you Becke for the surprise mailing.  By joining "Got Books" it has opened up a whole new world of reading for me.  Being able to talk to authors, meet new authors, and talk to other book lovers is very enjoyable.  Instead of being stuck in a rut of only reading some authors, I am now reading many new books and seem to have a greater appreciation for reading. 

Thank you once again

Joellyn

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hurray! That's part of the fun of hanging out here. I've discovered so many fabulous authors, both through our guest authors and because of books you all have recommended. I'm glad you are finding lots of new authors, too!

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

I got my nook on x mas.  I currently have 14 books.  That's not counting the like 200 other books i have that are printed.  My mom got me a nook because in the long run it was going to be a better fix.  I have no room for more books or for more book cases for that matter.  It's a small apartment, the nook is like a whole library worth of books.  I am allowed a 25 gift card a month to get books which is why I have only fourteen so far. 

I am loving my Nook, I got the four Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter, three books based off Tomb Raider, Colorado Kid by Stephen King, a Batman novel, Rizzoli and Isles novel, a short story by Steve Berry, and a spy novel, I trying to not to leave anything out but I think I did sorry.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

I got my nook on x mas.  I currently have 14 books.  That's not counting the like 200 other books i have that are printed.  My mom got me a nook because in the long run it was going to be a better fix.  I have no room for more books or for more book cases for that matter.  It's a small apartment, the nook is like a whole library worth of books.  I am allowed a 25 gift card a month to get books which is why I have only fourteen so far. 

I am loving my Nook, I got the four Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter, three books based off Tomb Raider, Colorado Kid by Stephen King, a Batman novel, Rizzoli and Isles novel, a short story by Steve Berry, and a spy novel, I trying to not to leave anything out but I think I did sorry.

You can find free books and/or previews here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Free-eBooks/379001668/

Scroll down to find out about Got Books? if you'd like to get some paperbacks as part of an incentive program here.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Ok thank you I will take a look at that link when I get time Becke. 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

Ok thank you I will take a look at that link when I get time Becke. 

It's right here - just scroll down to the first post.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

A few of you have had questions about how Got Books? works in theme months, like February.

Last year - before we started Got Books? - we had guest authors every single day, so it would have been tricky.

This year it's easy. Our featured authors for Week One of the Month of Romantic Suspense are all at the Carina Press thread.

Next week, we're back to one featured guest author: CHERRY ADAIR.

I'm revealing the guests one week at a time, but here's a hint - the romantic suspense authors from a well-known publisher will be joining us the week of Feb. 21st. Once again, they'll all be on the same thread, so it will be easy for you to post comments.

If you want extra "credit" (i.e., more books and/or extras), comment on the guest blogs. Mary Kennedy has a guest blog up right now, and Chicago mystery author Libby Hellmann will be writing a guest blog for Valentine's Day, related to the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Let me know if you are confused. Thanks for participating! By the way, I mailed the last batch of Got Books? on Monday.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, I am glad I asked. I did not want to miss out on the GOT BOOKS.

I got my package yesterday. Thank you so much, Becke. I love whatever you give me.

I am making notes to because to get the the places I need to go.

I think this so very nice of you. You do so much for us. I really appreciated all the hard work you do.

You do a very good job and you keep us laughing with all the cool videos that you post.

I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate what you do.

I finished Jayne Ann Krentz new book. In Too Deep.

In Too Deep (Arcane Society Series #10) 

Another good Arcane book. I love this series. The next one is by Amanda Quick. I don't know how Jayne does it. Writing under at least three names that I know of.

She is very talented writer.

Beck, It would be so cool is you could get her to come on the B & B. Maybe Melanie_Murray could ask with you. Jayne could be on romance too.

Let me know what you think.

I am getting to the thread to get start for the next round of GOT BOOKS.

Please stay safe and warm and Tell you son that I think that he is crazy to be out running in that kind of weather.

Thanks again for all the hard work you do for us.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Aw, thanks, Patti - that's so nice of you!

Jayne Ann Krentz has actually visited with us here before, exactly a year ago. Here's the link:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/JAYNE-ANN-KRENTZ-Day-2-of-our-Month-of-Romantic-Suspe...

Before that, she was featured at B&N's Center Stage:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Center-Stage/January-12-16-Jayne-Ann-Krentz/m-p/272920/highli...

and here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Center-Stage/February-11-15-Jayne-Ann-Krentz/m-p/143697/highl...

BUT that doesn't mean we can't have her back for another visit. I love the Arcane Society books and all her other books, too. I'll see what I can do!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Patti - your wish is my command: Jayne Ann Krentz has agreed to spend Valentine's week with us!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

You're amazing!
becke_davis wrote:

Patti - your wish is my command: Jayne Ann Krentz has agreed to spend Valentine's week with us!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

You're amazing!
becke_davis wrote:

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, I received my books today and it's always like a Christmas package to a kid. You don't know what's in there until you open it. Another set of great reads and bookmarks. Wow, which one should I read first? Thanks Becke, for bringing Christmas almost every month to my house. We really do appreciate what you do for us.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, I received my books today and it's always like a Christmas package to a kid. You don't know what's in there until you open it. Another set of great reads and bookmarks. Wow, which one should I read first? Thanks Becke, for bringing Christmas almost every month to my house. We really do appreciate what you do for us.

I'm happy to share the wealth AND introduce you all to new authors! :-)